test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

over 100% crit chance yet some hits don't crit

c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I've had this problem since a week or so .. and it looks like the more crit the more chance I have not to crit.

Am I the only one having that ?

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Are you always at 100% crit? I know most of my toons fluctuate on crit chance based on what boons and other things are proc'd. I don't let myself hit 100% with just base stats and bondings because I end up over crit too often.

I'd love to have a stat overlay that can be up while attacking. Would make watching this stuff so much easier!
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    reg1981 said:

Are you always at 100% crit? I know most of my toons fluctuate on crit chance based on what boons and other things are proc'd. I don't let myself hit 100% with just base stats and bondings because I end up over crit too often.

I only look at crit once my tiger attacks. And at that point i'm at 101%.
    micky1p00 said:

Not all attacks / damage procs can crit. The more you crit, the more those non-crits are easier to spot.

as an example just today I went into a bhe and reached 147% crit chance, and I made so many hits that I was seeing more yellow than orange damage. And most of them weren't proc from passives or w/e, there were from 500k-1m damage at wills
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Check the log and what does it say?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Smells like Aura of Courage overall? As plastic said something like combat log or ACT would tell you.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Chance this thread won't crit either?
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Back when I started this game they had Caps on things and deminished returns on skills. This allowed them to keep different classes in the desired roles they wanted them to fill. Then around Mod.6 they got the bright idea to remove those limits. And we have the train wreck we have today. 100% Crit is a crazy good DPS buff . Them allowing us to have that on the other hand is beyond crazy.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I think you also will see hits from companions.. and those might not crit either.
  • lucyfer#0913 lucyfer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Its impossible have always 100% crit? Nice.

BTW. Why i cant create new post?
  • zedicous#8994 zedicous Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is it possible that your 100% crit is for creatures at your lvl, and that crit chance is reduced when fighting characters, creatures of a higher level than yourself.
  • aikat14#1422 aikat14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I really think that chance of crit must be limited by game. 100% chance cant be posible in normal game. Its even doesnt interesting, you can have critical damage higher but critical chance limited.
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    dont know if im right or not but think crit chance have cap at 75% and what pass over its only visual
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    gogu79 said:

dont know if im right or not but think crit chance have cap at 75% and what pass over its only visual

You'll hurt your brain, don't think so much.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Easy to have 100% crit chance, I have too much of crit anyways. Usually with just pet attacking I have like 34.8k, and when I'm proccin other HAMSTER, I have way, WAY too much. Like 41k or something, for some reason. Tried respeccing but nada