What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What the Patch Notes don't tell you

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

sjza80 said:

@nitocris83 thanks for the update Julia. Are there any assurances from the team that this "accidental oversight" won't recur when similar changes go live for consoles?

As the list of check-ins can be in the hundreds and their review is done by humans, even with edit checks in place there's in no 100% guarantee that future notes won't contain an oversight. That being said, in my almost 2 years here I can count on one hand the number of times something's been missed.

This truly was a completely human error on all fronts, not a conspiracy or an attempt to slip anything past our players.
    You are aware there are tools for this, right? Right?
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

sjza80 said:

@nitocris83 thanks for the update Julia. Are there any assurances from the team that this "accidental oversight" won't recur when similar changes go live for consoles?

As the list of check-ins can be in the hundreds and their review is done by humans, even with edit checks in place there's in no 100% guarantee that future notes won't contain an oversight. That being said, in my almost 2 years here I can count on one hand the number of times something's been missed.

This truly was a completely human error on all fronts, not a conspiracy or an attempt to slip anything past our players.
    .... why are you compiling check-in notes by hand? Why doesn't your version control spit out a list of all changes in the version, that a human *might* just need to sort?
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    This is sketchy.

Be fair and upfront with your damn players if you want this game to continue. I've never played a game where I felt like the devs and such were against us.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Drop rate is systematically "twisted" by ninja nerfs. This applies to all game content. All players know about it, but only devs pretend that nothing like that happens.

I opened 10 salvaged gear pack yesterday. Obtained 9 blue HAMSTER and one equipment 520. Three weeks there, it was the other way around. Are you talking RNG? I think it's a traditional ninja nerf.
    "Mathematic geniuses", who want to convince me that the sample was too small - thank you in advance. A normal player does not open 10,000 chests, boxes and other packs. This is a game. I want to get my reward and not a mathematical chance for its!

It's sad to play a game that devs are against players ...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    mushellka said:

Drop rate is systematically "twisted" by ninja nerfs. This applies to all game content. All players know about it, but only devs pretend that nothing like that happens.

I opened 10 salvaged gear pack yesterday. Obtained 9 blue HAMSTER and one equipment 520. Three weeks there, it was the other way around. Are you talking RNG? I think it's a traditional ninja nerf.
    "Mathematic geniuses", who want to convince me that the sample was too small - thank you in advance. A normal player does not open 10,000 chests, boxes and other packs. This is a game. I want to get my reward and not a mathematical chance for its!

I opened 10 of those packs yesterday. Got 3 epics and the rest blues. RNG is RNG. Choose to believe me or not. I'll screenshot before salvaging next time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Am I the only one who *prefers* the blues from that pack, since they can be sold and therefore don't count towards the daily AD limit?
  • Options
    I would like to get Executioners Gloves for my DC and CW. I guess there is no other way to get them than to open the boxes? They dont drop from huntings.
    What chance do I have when it receives 9 blue from 10 boxes?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    lowjohn said:

Am I the only one who *prefers* the blues from that pack, since they can be sold and therefore don't count towards the daily AD limit?

It's unprofitable. It is better to buy a belt or a necklace from the campaign, if you do not care about a particular drop.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    mushellka said:

lowjohn said:

It's unprofitable. It is better to buy a belt or a necklace from the campaign, if you do not care about a particular drop.

If you have tons of rAD (say a few millions), getting more rAD from salvage does not help because you won't see the AD until weeks later.
    That was why he prefers blue so that he can sell that in AH to get AD and not rAD.
    Buying belt or necklace for salvage only gives you rAD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    You can sell belts and necklaces from the campaign at AH. You get more AD on this way than selling blue equipment :)
  • Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    They also drastically lowered the drop rates of Superior Enchanting Stones from Dread Lair chests and the Energon Companion from the Dread Legion skirmish. I have run 50-70 Lairs per day for the last 3 months, and run nearly as many skirmishes on the same schedule. There was a massive drop noticeable right away after the RD SHE seal nerf / nightmare gear nerf patch. They are taking a blow torch to every way of making additional money that doesnt involve your Visa Card.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mushellka said:

You can sell belts and necklaces from the campaign at AH. You get more AD on this way than selling blue equipment :)

A purple salvage drop is account-bound Raw AD, account-bound Raw AD is worthless because I cap my account Raw AD every day without it.

A blue salvage drop sells on the AH (to people who aren't capping their Raw AD every day) for AD that doesn't count towards the cap.

A blue salvage drop is better than a purple salvage drop.

Sure, that's "drop" and not "artifact gear item" - but if I'm buying the salvage drop pack instead of artifacts? I want blues, not purples. And there's nothing in that pack that isn't salvage to me.
  • Options
    If you buy anything for sale (in my opinion), its more worth buying the campaign items. You will get 55-70k AD for the belt on the AH. It also does not count towards the limit. From the 10 blue salvage drop you will get only 27-30k AD. I tried to say only that.

I'm buying the salvage drop pack instead because of the specific drop I can not get from another source. That's why I'm not interested in the blue drop.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Generally, the blues sell for more than their salvage value.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm letting go :)
    My English must be very bad, since nobody understands what I mean :)
  • Options
    mushellka said:

Ok, I'm letting go :)
    My English must be very bad, since nobody understands what I mean :)

I actually understood what you said. Hence, I did not reply to dispute it. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

mushellka said:

I opened 10 of those packs yesterday. Got 3 epics and the rest blues. RNG is RNG. Choose to believe me or not. I'll screenshot before salvaging next time.
    I have just opened 10. 4 purples and 6 blues.
  • Options
    The patch notes also do not mention that Sgt Knox's "The Red Wizards" quest in the Dread Ring no longer counts as a quest completion for the SH quest "Dread Ring Support". I confirmed that on eight characters this weekend. None of them had run that quest earlier in the week and all had the Dread Ring Support quest before I went to Dread Ring to pick up Knox's quest. I ended up having to run four quests on each of these characters in order to get completion on "Dread Ring Support" because Knox's quest did not count.

Before you ask, I know this quest counted last week because I tend to run only what I need for completion of "Dread Ring Support" and I accept that I won't generate as much in vouchers for my guild doing this.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

The patch notes also do not mention that Sgt Knox's "The Red Wizards" quest in the Dread Ring no longer counts as a quest completion for the SH quest "Dread Ring Support". I confirmed that on eight characters this weekend. None of them had run that quest earlier in the week and all had the Dread Ring Support quest before I went to Dread Ring to pick up Knox's quest. I ended up having to run four quests on each of these characters in order to get completion on "Dread Ring Support" because Knox's quest did not count.

Before you ask, I know this quest counted last week because I tend to run only what I need for completion of "Dread Ring Support" and I accept that I won't generate as much in vouchers for my guild doing this.

Hi nunya! I'll report this to the team because it may be an issue we are not aware of.
  • Options

Hi nunya! I'll report this to the team because it may be an issue we are not aware of.
    Wow. Thanks for that. Can you also have them look at the vendors who have items that still do not use a slider? Example: The Atelier (SH temporary vendor) sells various carved woods that do not use a slider to select how many you wish to purchase - even though the rest of the items the Atelier sells do use a slider. Same for the Bounty Master in Dread Ring: I have to buy one piece of scrip at a time, instead of being able to use a slider to buy all that I can/want at once. (The Sharandar Bounty Master works correctly!)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The bounty master in Sharandar got changed in the October bugfixes. I was the one who asked for the change but only mentioned a few specific vendors. It seems a number of other were overlooked.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

The bounty master in Sharandar got changed in the October bugfixes. I was the one who asked for the change but only mentioned a few specific vendors. It seems a number of other were overlooked.

OK, but at this point I would think QA would assign someone to go through all the vendors and check all the items you can buy from each of them to verify that all items at all vendors are using a slider. The easiest way to have solved this would be to have all items use the same back-end code, which would have caused them all to switch over to a slider. They didn't do this, though, which leaves them having to go hunt this stuff up by hand. I know they won't do this, but this is what they should do if they really wanted to fix this once and for all.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    avenfell said:

They also drastically lowered the drop rates of Superior Enchanting Stones from Dread Lair chests and the Energon Companion from the Dread Legion skirmish. I have run 50-70 Lairs per day for the last 3 months, and run nearly as many skirmishes on the same schedule. There was a massive drop noticeable right away after the RD SHE seal nerf / nightmare gear nerf patch. They are taking a blow torch to every way of making additional money that doesnt involve your Visa Card.

I ran a few DR lairs on Sunday, and ended up with 3 SES in my first 4 runs. *shrug*
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    The PE guy that sells Primal Equipment can change your old currency for primal tokens, should have a slider as well pls.
    I did bought like a thousand primal tokens (on 3 characters) double clicking the mouse button for an hour ...its such a pain.
  • Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    cdnbison said:

avenfell said:

I ran a few DR lairs on Sunday, and ended up with 3 SES in my first 4 runs. *shrug*
    Which is fine, now go run about 596 more and then let me know how it looks.....like I said, im 1 of the heavier SeS farmers. I waited quite a long time before calling nerf due to the fickle nature of rng but when you do this for 6-8 hours a day 5 days a week month after month you get a pretty good feel for the drop rates. They are significantly lower which is also showing in the current marketplace prices, you will see greater and superiors have risen in price by a large % of their previous value, 3 weeks ago you could buy an SeS for 13k, they are up to 19 now, and I can sell 10 greaters for 19k, 3 weeks ago they were 11k.

I understand games are a business but this game has a subscription model and i like many others pay for ViP and still spend additional money in the zen market so its pretty outrageous that Cryptic in 1 fell swoop obliterates the majority of additional sources of income in game like this. At this point I am considering going back to previous mmorpgs.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    the rp event with the 5xbooster doent give you the 5k rp from 1 epic dungeon all the time you runs it repeatedly, it only give the 5k on first epic run of the day wich killed the event for me. same applies with 2x, 3x, 4x it shows the x value but you dont get the right value,you get the same value that you get without the booster.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Booster worked just fine for me. Capped out on my CW early Sunday afternoon.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.