test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SeS were Ninja Nerfed in RD seal/nightmare legacy patch

avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I have been waiting a bit before putting on my tinfoil hat due to the nature of rng drops in general but I have now run well over 600 dread lairs since the last patch in which they nerfed River District SHE seals and legacy nightmare tradebar gear.

Prior to the patch I had roughly a 30-35% drop rate on superior enchanting stones, and I would run on average 50-60 lairs PER day 5 days a week so my sample size was pretty decent. I would also pull atleast 2 Energons a day in the Dread Legion Skirmish while farming Vanguard Scripts for additional lair keys.

After this patch I now have an 8-10% drop rate on superior enchanting stones and am lucky to get 2 Energons in an entire week. I understand rng can vary but at this point its obvious that these were ninja nerfed.
16k+ Combat HR

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Those numbers were close to what I was seeing with a much smaller sample size. I would run my 20 toons through PF once a week when doing red wizards and was getting on avg 2. I had stopped playing and only started again recently so I don't have any idea what it was before.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    avenfell said:

I have been waiting a bit before putting on my tinfoil hat due to the nature of rng drops in general but I have now run well over 600 dread lairs since the last patch in which they nerfed River District SHE seals and legacy nightmare tradebar gear.

Prior to the patch I had roughly a 30-35% drop rate on superior enchanting stones, and I would run on average 50-60 lairs PER day 5 days a week so my sample size was pretty decent. I would also pull atleast 2 Energons a day in the Dread Legion Skirmish while farming Vanguard Scripts for additional lair keys.

After this patch I now have an 8-10% drop rate on superior enchanting stones and am lucky to get 2 Energons in an entire week. I understand rng can vary but at this point its obvious that these were ninja nerfed.

Wow - you were getting a 30-35% drop rate on SES? You were blessed by the Gods amigo. I have run a lot less dread ring lairs [probably 800+ over the last two years] and it's only anecdotal, but my drop rate on SES was never above a 1 in 10 drop.

But you do have a pretty massive sample size... interesting
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    How can something be "ninja nerfed" when they never tell you what the drop rate is?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    -
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

How can something be "ninja nerfed" when they never tell you what the drop rate is?

How about when they added an internal cooldown to Dragon's Hoards and didn't bother to tell us for months?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    greywynd said:

How about when they added an internal cooldown to Dragon's Hoards and didn't bother to tell us for months?
    Wait! Did they actually tell us? Or, did that come from 3rd party information?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    greywynd said:

I don't recall there being any specifics or guarantee on how it works, other than there is a "chance" drop. They can make any change they want. Of course, if they make a bad change, lots of people would notice and get angry and there may be consequences.