test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR constantly gets stuck...

sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User
My TR is constantly getting stuck behind invisible walls in the minor dungeons like house of croc, and fane of the nightserpent. Somebody told me its a by product of lurkers but its not. In fact sometimes lurkers can be used to get you out from behind the invisible wall, but not always. Its a major pain to play like that. For some reason the invisible wall lets u forward roll only but not walk?? Any idea whats going on? Is this a glitch from the stun?? Cuz if so its effecting us x2 cuz we still do the stun wabble on top of this. So far relogging is the only fix. Please look at this. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Fear bug, again. Devs claim to be working on it.

It seems to be centered around using abilities that make you CC immune just as you get hit by fear.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    :( Thx... explains why it happens more with certain powers.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @sanpedrocactus,

This issue occurs when the Yuan-tis use their powers to "charm" you.
    Nemilos, from Ravenloft hunts can also cause this bug because he has the same power.

This issue prevent TR players to move, and GWF players to use Unstoppable.
    As workaround, you can also press "H" and in the "player locked in the environment" option, choose die or reappear at a campfire.

Developers are indeed aware, and they're working on a fix.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    After the Yuan-Ti Zealot (or Fenthaza or end boss in House of Crocodile) infused the hero with terror (skull above head, runs away) it happens very often that after the effect has vanished, moving is impossible. If the hero enters fane or HoC on his own, this bug is game-breaking! Because the only two known workarounds (re-logging or killing yourself) are useless when you are alone in these dungeons.

This could be related to certain classes, as I have never seen this bug with my CW, however almost always with my TR and "only" sometimes with my HR. But I have also seen GWFs that got this bug.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've had it on my TR and GF.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    Is this the kind of bug where you can move a step but get pulled back? If so, you can dodge your way around.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Already reported & answered here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13042986 :)

EDIT: Threads merged.
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    TR can debug one's self using teleport powers. Can confirm that Vengeance Pursuit (WK) frees you and have heard that Lurkers Assault will as well. It seems likely that Deft Strike should as well.
  • Options
    cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    This bug also happens in some Barovia Hunts, I think Nemilos uses this attack (or maybe Ras Manca?).
  • Options
    percemer said:

Already reported & answered here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13042986 :)

I am sorry @percemer but this is no answer. Devs are also aware of class imbalance and working on that. For years by now. No Progress on that whatsoever.

I am sorry to sound aggressive, but this bug is now a complete mod "old" and the fix is still not out there. If this is related to the CC ability and the Devs can not handle it since a whole mod because it is too complex or whatever the reason may be, then maybe the temporary solution is to remove the fear/terror power from the NPCs again until the problem can be solved.
  • Options
    @therealprotex From my perspective, this is different, balancing the classes is something extremely complicated that can never really be resolved :/ We investigated on this bug and forwarded our report to the developers, so it will be fixed :) Sometimes, they need more time to fix some bugs, which cannot be reproduced internally, but in any case, we will internally follow the progress of these fixes until these ones will be implemented. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
    Percemer
    ----------
  • Options
    @percemer Actually, I did not want to discuss class im-/balance, but what you wrote has to be answered.

If class balancing is that complicated, why do the Devs so easily make changes that hit classes more than others? As an example I mention the multi-nerf for CWs whan Storm Spell and the Lightining Enchantment were nerfed simultaniously without proper compensation. (Not to mention the several nerfs before. The result is clearly visible: SS-CWs are shunned by any party.)

The Devs explained the nerf with the... erm... ok... let's call it "argument" that they do not want a single power contribute a third of the overall damage of a class. Too bad that this is the case with other classes, too.

Conclusion: The problem is not that class balancing is too complicated, the problem is that class balancing is clearly not wanted by the Devs. The problem is that the Devs clearly favor some classes over others.

But the reason why I mentioned class balancing originally was that it is a good example for this: only because the Devs say they are working on a problem does not mean that the problem is fixed any time soon. I'd be happy to hear an (even rough) ETA for this fix.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited August 2018

percemer said:

I am sorry @percemer but this is no answer. Devs are also aware of class imbalance and working on that. For years by now. No Progress on that whatsoever.

I am sorry to sound aggressive, but this bug is now a complete mod "old" and the fix is still not out there. If this is related to the CC ability and the Devs can not handle it since a whole mod because it is too complex or whatever the reason may be, then maybe the temporary solution is to remove the fear/terror power from the NPCs again until the problem can be solved.
    I'll second this. Maybe replace it with a stun - which, for the moment, works.
    This bug seems to hit GWF's and TR's more than any other class.
    I've also encounted it when fighting Slaadi in Spinward Rise.
  • Options
    sixdirections#7706 sixdirections Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I also (TR) seem to get stuck on the outer wall in Ballad of Baphomet. If i find myself backed up against the 'invisible' outer wall and then i cant move away from it. Once I was stuck inside the outer wall and could run all the way around the edge of the circle but not into the arena or damage him.
  • Options
    Ballad is a different issue. Some time last year, mobs started walking forward when a TR had aggro on while using Duelist Flurry, maybe some other powers. Mobs have always been able to pull you but now they can push you through terrain. During the middle part of the skill, the TR is somewhat intangible.

There have been some people that found ways to get back in, but I've avoided the issue by making sure I always position myself between Baphomet and the center.
  • Options
    onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I found I get this bug in Fane on my TR when using Duelist Flurry as my At-Will, but when ONLY using Sly Flourish (and not using Duelist Flurry at all) as At-Will this do not happen

/Onin
  • Options
    onin002 said:

I found I get this bug in Fane on my TR when using Duelist Flurry as my At-Will, but when ONLY using Sly Flourish (and not using Duelist Flurry at all) as At-Will this do not happen

/Onin

This may indicate that this bug indeed is related to some CC immunity feature (as @pitshade mentioned) as Duelist's Flurry removes some controlling powers (partial paralyzation for example). Maybe something that helps the devs to locate this bug easier, @percemer
  • Options
    My guess is that it has to do with Powers that has a serie of attacks like Duelist Flurry and if you got CC before Duelist Flurry is completed this bug happens. Just a thought.

/Onin
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    The "fun" part is how to win when you are in the "box". I actually won that twice when my TR was in the "box".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    Hello,

Thanks again for your help, I updated our report about this issue, the dev team will receive it tomorrow.

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------