test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[COMPLETE]August 2018 Maintenance Schedule

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2018 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers!

Neverwinter will undergo regular and extended maintenance throughout this month. The current maintenance schedule is as follows* (All times are Pacific time zone)

Tuesday, August 7
All Platforms: 5-9am (Expected downtime of 4 hours) When is this for me?

Thursday, August 9
All Platforms: 5am-12pm (Expected downtime of 7 hours) When is this for me?

Tuesday, August 14
Xbox One: 5am – 1pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours) When is this for me?

Thursday, August 16
PS4: 5am – 1pm (Expected downtime of 8 hours) When is this for me?
PC: 7-10am (Expected downtime of 3 hours)
Xbox One: 7-9am (Expected downtime of 2 hours)

Tuesday, August 21
Xbox One/PS4: 7-9am (Regular maintenance)

Thursday, August 23
PC: 7-9am (Regular maintenance)

Tuesday, August 28
Xbox One/PS4: 6-11am (Ravenloft launch maintenance) When is this for me?

Thursday, August 30
PC: 7-9am (Regular maintenance)

*Maintenance schedule is subject to change. Any updates will be reflected on this thread if available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Will the reduced AD refinement and increased Trade Bar Nightmare gear for xbox and ps4 be included in the Ravenloft Launch Maintenance, or will it come earlier?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    11hrs. downtime over two days? I guess I picked the wrong week to take vacation ;(
    I aim to misbehave
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Will the reduced AD refinement and increased Trade Bar Nightmare gear for xbox and ps4 be included in the Ravenloft Launch Maintenance, or will it come earlier?

The AD changes will be with Ravenloft. I don't have information on the Trade Bar stuff.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • muffinpuffinzmuffinpuffinz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Considering the change to the cost of the nightmare weapons was “accidentally” left out of the patch notes for PC, and Xbox has a tradebar discount this weekend I believe the players have a right to know if you’re making such a dramatic change. Sorry but “I don’t know” isn’t a good enough answer for me.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    No console updates planned for those maintenance dates; could change, but isn't likely to.
    The trade bar cost change on the items in question won't happen during these maintenances. They'll change with Module 14: Ravenloft release.

PC may have the usual fix builds on this Thursday and next, or it may not.
    kreatyve said:

The AD changes will be with Ravenloft. I don't have information on the Trade Bar stuff.
    terramak said:

No console updates planned for those maintenance dates; could change, but isn't likely to.
    The trade bar cost change on the items in question won't happen during these maintenances. They'll change with Module 14: Ravenloft release.

PC may have the usual fix builds on this Thursday and next, or it may not.

Thank you, both. :)
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    Pc server is always lagging on. This trouble was always there.
  • wioefwioef Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    when servers come down does that mean no fix to the disappearing armor and fashion ?
  • natattackx3#9699 natattackx3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Let’s cross our fingers and hope that mspc bugs will be fixed somewhere throughout all of these schedule maintenances for PS4
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Rumor reports that there is two new 'things' in NW: the m15 items and the crossover with magic the gathering. Along with the serious lag issues all over the game and various bugs, i'd say this downtime is very needed indeed.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    ... i really hope the constant "patching files" on PC is getting fixed during this maintenance.
    Or at the very least give us some help on what we can do from our end to reduce it.
    :|
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    regenerde said:

... i really hope the constant "patching files" on PC is getting fixed during this maintenance.
    Or at the very least give us some help on what we can do from our end to reduce it.
    :|

Its not only the patching files flashing on every zone change but also the patcher is unable to share patched files between preview and live server. Usually if you patched files in the preview folder these would transfer over to the live version later without an additional download.

Overall the changes to the patcher are an utter failure.
  • muffinpuffinzmuffinpuffinz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    > @terramak said:
    > No console updates planned for those maintenance dates; could change, but isn't likely to.
    > The trade bar cost change on the items in question won't happen during these maintenances. They'll change with Module 14: Ravenloft release.
    >
    > PC may have the usual fix builds on this Thursday and next, or it may not.

Thanks for taking the time to give us that info. appreciate the transparency
    I imagine they are doing some major server maintenance in preparation for Ravenloft. Every once in a while you have to do more than a simple restart.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I imagine they're shutting the servers down for a few hours and heading down to a local beach for the day. They'll enjoy some nice downtime with a pig roast and a few flagons of mead in preparation for the onslaught of console bug reports they're going to be inundated by.
    You might want to update the news page to reflect the extended maintenance, for people haven't read the maintenance schedule. Don't want a bunch of people screaming "Where are the orcs?!"

The orcs will charge on Thursday, August 9 at 10am PT

@nitocris83
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @nitocris83, @kreatyve, not sure who to ask so picked a mod and community boss lady. Is there a twitch stream planned for any of the downtime?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@nitocris83, @kreatyve, not sure who to ask so picked a mod and community boss lady. Is there a twitch stream planned for any of the downtime?

Unfortunately no, except for maybe the Ravenloft Console Launch on the 28th.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Will the weekend events be extended to match the end time of the Thursday updates so we get the same amount of hours? Like with this weekend's the maintenance ended two hours after the event normally starts.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I updated the Maintenance Schedule for today: the maintenance on PC is extended for one hour, and there will be a maintenance for Xbox One too.

Thank you again for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Greetings,

I updated the Maintenance Schedule for today: the maintenance on PC is extended for one hour, and there will be a maintenance for Xbox One too.

Thank you again for your patience!

Regards,

I though Xbox had their extendence maintenance on Tuesday, are they having another one?
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Any updates for the extension to Xbox maintenance yet please?
    Still offline here. Will I be able to get my key today?
  • xboxone is most def not completed. I got in for about 30 seconds. Booted and back down now
    Update (August 16): Maintenance is complete for PC.

Maintenance on Xbox One is unfortunately extended, no ETA at the moment, we will keep you informed as soon as possible, thank you again for your patience!
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Update 2: Maintenance is now complete for Xbox One too!
    Percemer
    ----------