test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Got kicked from CR, cause I deal dot damage

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Hello there!

Any advices on CR first boss? I got kicked cause pug party was angry when I was dealing dot damage when fighting sisters which was basically killing people when chains appeared. It may be my inexperience with this dungeon or my wrong playstyle.

Any advice? Halp?

Comments

• Options
    meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You have to run the dungeon a few times (with a patient group) to get somewhat familiar with the rotation of the chains. While it can't be 100% predicted, you'll have a decent idea of when to NOT put your gushing and plant growth. A good example of hitting her with everything you've got is when the chains come off from a player. You have a nice window there to line up all buffs and maximise your damage (and hope to hell she doesn't make you a ghost -.-). Other than that, tell the people getting chained to move out of line of sight. A well co-ordinated group can even keep attacking like that, since the chained player won't take damage if they are out of line-of-sight. The easiest way to do this, is to go behind one of the pillars in the courtyard.

Your most important mistake was 'pug party'. Do NOT pug that dungeon unless you have the patience of a mule. 90% of the time it'll only lead to frustration, since you'll have people with NO idea what they're doing and quick to point fingers at others when they fail. Gather some patient people from your alliance/guild/friendlist. All the run needs to be successful is a good OP who knows what they're doing and a decent DC (AC DC is nice). You can build the rest of the party as you desire - Templock, GF, MoF, your choice. Right now the only real threat I have in a CR first boss is the occasional (unavoidable) TR's SoD.

P.S - I don't know if you're playing a trapper or combat. If it's the former, then you also have to make sure not to hit her with Constricting arrow, after you can sort-of predict when she's going to chain. But this all will happen when you actually complete the dungeon a few times with a good group.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for great advice!

Actually I'm playing trapper atm so this makes things a little bit harder I think. Especially since trapper can apply roots with crits :neutral:
  • Options
    meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Thanks for great advice!

Actually I'm playing trapper atm so this makes things a little bit harder I think. Especially since trapper can apply roots with crits :neutral:

Yep, trapper makes the whole 'stopping all sources of damage' really hard. Kind of like an SW main DPS :wink:

Before engaging the sister, just tell them to get behind pillars. Really, it makes life a lot easier. Your other option, provided you're the secondary DPS, is to let the primary DPS focus on the sisters while you handle the books. But I do NOT suggest you do this, since this'll only lead you to take the easiest way out and not be able to learn.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Book duty is awesome, especially after the first sister is defeated.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    My character can't read.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

My character can't read.....

Take one with more Int. Should help :)
  • Options
    Tried again. Guess I'm not worthy enogh to complete this with my HR. Guess I need to focus on my GF if I want to succeed there.