test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the Cryptic Team - A Positive Request

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited August 2018 in PvP Discussion
To the Cryptic Team

I'm sure this has been requested a few times and i won't go and crawl on my knees to beg for this again but will rather start by saying this.

There are obviously many reasons why we play this game and keep playing it.
There are obviously many reasons why we invest in this game and keep investing in it.
There are obviously many reasons why we fight for class balance & fairness in this game and keep fighting for it.
There are obviously reasons why i am typing this ...

There obviously many reasons why some guys like Lius VIlle , Minimi & Robb give training in PVP to new players and help with pvp builds etc to try keep pvp alive and kicking ....

We obviously love the game .. there are so many things i love about this game ..even though PVP is my favourite the story line and different worlds from forest to deserts to ice etc is amazing..

So when i sat and thought what is it tht i love most about the game it has to be the battle mechanics and supported by good visual fx for all the classes ... it is just still the best out there and i have tried many MMO games ..none come close .

In PVP it's where it really gets the blood pressure going cause it feels almost like real combat .. It's rare very rare to get such a direct look & feel.

So i asked some friends what their opinion is ... They basically ended by saying the same thing. (battle mechanics & the friendships built through guilds and Dungeon runs..)

Alot of older PVP'ers have left and i started asking around we why ..

They said the following:

- Same maps from start
- Horrible rewards (Cause some players only want to PVP - time to play)
- Broken Items not being tested properly or fixed quickly when identified
- Not enough events to draw more players
- Class balancing (although not perfect seem to be better than ever at the moment)

Can something not be done to this brilliant battle platform that we have ?

I ask that one mod be focused on PVP only to resurrect this gameplay that we all love so much.

PVE has received so much attention and expansion .. would it not be fair to give the PVP community which has invested as much as anyone else in this game a bit of an overhaul ... new maps . rewards , events ?

Is it part of the roadmap ??

Andy Strumslinger did mention this last year but alot of time has passed with no news on progress ..

i know allot of old players will come back and alot more will join this great game if PVP gets a nice overhaul which i think is really overdue.

I really believe that the Neverwinter PVP platform because of class battle mechanics can be the best one in the market if some thought is applied.

Be the best PVP MMO platform cause it is possible ...

And the more players the more $$$ for investors so in the end we all win ...

This was a friendly but quite a desperate request ... i hope that someone that can maybe push the idea in the right direction reads this or at least give the PVP community some feedback on the future of PVP in Neverwinter.

Thanks for reading.

Cheerz B)

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on

Comments

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @djsuperfunx,

Thank you for your feedback! Forwarding this thread

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    They would need one entire dev maybe 2 only focused on pvp changes / updates forever + aux dev supports for effects sounds animations maps ect ... is that going to happen ? lol
    are there resources for this request ? do they care to commit any ?
    When is the last time any dev has posted to the pvp forums ?

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.'
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    percemer said:

Hello @djsuperfunx,

Regards,

Wow .. This is deeply appreciated !! Thanks alot Sir.
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User

- Class balancing (although not perfect seem to be better than ever at the moment)

You must be joking.. what do you play a TR or OP ?
    scarabman said:

We've talked about adding more maps to PvP and we'd love to do it. However, we recognize there have been issues with PvP balance and we have decided to put our PvP focus on that problem, first. We've been working toward that goal over the last couple of expansions by hitting some of the largest problems faced in PvP and there are more changes in the pipeline that will come in M15.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is the out-of-control numbers that some of the stats have right now (e.g. recovery, lifesteal). We're actively working on a long term solution for those problems but it's a huge undertaking.

What kinds of new things would you most be interested in seeing? Personally, I'd like to see a 3v3 deathmatch option and a PvP boons rework.

Thanks alot for the feedback ! this is very motivating to get a response from a Cryptic Developer (supercool) :smiley:

I think the stats aren't that big of an issue atm...

I play alot of PVP (more than most) and the major issues atm are these:

- TRs aren't broken its just one Daily Power - Bloodbath which cannot be blocked and does alot of damage - I am a TR myself
    and will admit this. (some TRs only spam this by stacking recovery- not recovery that's the issue ;) ) So yeah TR bloodbath
    needs rework but then other skills will need a some buffing to balance things
    - CW needs to have some control back as SW and OPs have more cc than a "Control Wizard" so thats wrong for sure.
    - HRs combat path was nerfed to much so that needs to be revisited. (the solution is halfway between now and before the nerf)
    - GWF life steal might be a bit over the top cause they cant be killed by same item lvl SW/CW or HR as the damage from these
    classes ar not High in DPS (GWF heals to much to quick)
    - CW needs some defense in general (at least more control suggested for Renegade & Thaum path as well ) especially vs SW -
    SW has more cc and can stay away from CW easily(perma SS) so CW just gets melted. (ridiculous really)

These are the major issues in terms of class balance ... and i think we are very close to acceptable balance if these can be addressed.

i really suggest try to look at these and then decide whether the stats thing really needs attention.I don't think that(stats) is the issue tbh.

Thanks again for the feedback scarabman.

I am holding thumbs that PVP gets the attention it deserves.

a new map or two wouldn't be that hard ??

Suggest a SKY Arena or Jungle Battle Arena (Chult like battle temple)

Cheerz !

My i play GF CW TR and HR as well. Busy gearing OP and SW

I would like to have a competitive toon for each class in PVP.

Please read my comments in last post - Some changes are needed to certain classes and specifically certain skills more than anything. :smile:

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    scarabman said:

What kinds of new things would you most be interested in seeing? Personally, I'd like to see a 3v3 deathmatch option and a PvP boons rework.

The best pvp MMORPG I have played is dragonest. U just can't stop pvping. There are plenty of ideas from other MMO which could be taken as reference in youtube. Maybe u developer should start from there.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User

I leave the pvp because magic class are extreamly weaks in pvp/pve but at least in pve can fill slot support (forced because nobody want DPS magic class)

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    scarabman said:

The biggest hurdle to overcome is the out-of-control numbers that some of the stats have right now (e.g. recovery, lifesteal). We're actively working on a long term solution for those problems but it's a huge undertaking.

This is simply resolved by designing a few preset gear sets that players can pick from at the start of a battle, so everyone is fighting on the same footing. It would also solve the frustrating issue of having 6k players on your team facing against 17k players.

The balancing then could be done by changing the effects/stats of said gear.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    While there are some statistical balance issues (aka flaws) as mentioned already, I would suggest the biggest problem with PvP today is the basic challenge imbalance. That is, a team of more or less everyday players just trying to do the campaign or just trying to get dailies and have a typical non-power-player IL of 10K +/- 1k or so running headlong into a team of 15K+ PvP spec'd guys. I don't even mean premades, just (un)luck of the draw. Frequently, it's just one powerful PvP player on a team and no one on the opposing team can even really damage him/her and the match ends in everyone standing around on the campfire.

So, as far as systems go, I would suggest a couple things for consideration. Some of these may be incompatible with each other, some not... these are mutually exclusive suggestions, any one of which (in my opinion) would improve the PvP experience in it's own way.

1. Consider allowing campaign and daily credit for Private Queue PvP matches. Yes, this means people will be able to stage matches to ensure completion for the daily similar to how it is in Siege weeklies today. However, given the state of affairs in PvP, these things aren't merely hard, they're frustrating and annoying and not fun to do today. And really - so what if they do that? You need to ask yourself what's fun for your players. Staging private queues to get pvp campaign items done requires several players, likely friends and/or guildmates, to work together for a pretty good amount of time and while possible less challenging than getting it the old-fashioned way, will still be fun and bring a sense of accomplishment. If you're planning to rework the campaign anyway, consider reworking them in such a way as to make them challenging for private queues to achieve rather than requiring people to PUG their way through.

2. Consider a bracketed queue approach where you can queue for PvP based on IL brackets (10-11K, 11-12k, etc - something like that anyway). This will help similarly-geared players have consistent challenges with relative equals.

3. Consider a sliding scale for awards where if you win without facing a challenge (you do little to no damage, or your opponent's IL is more than 1000 below yours, etc - you get the idea), then you don't get credit for the win. Yes, this could be circumvented potentially, but at least it will detract from the blowout, luck-of-the-draw situation you have today.

4. Disallow kicks except for inactivity once fighting has begun, with inactivity being defined as time spend in the safe zone. Consider adding a clock - if you spend more than X time in the safe zone (or dead on the ground), your team can kick you - otherwise, once fighting as begun no one can be kicked.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    scarabman said:

We've talked about adding more maps to PvP and we'd love to do it. However, we recognize there have been issues with PvP balance and we have decided to put our PvP focus on that problem, first. We've been working toward that goal over the last couple of expansions by hitting some of the largest problems faced in PvP and there are more changes in the pipeline that will come in M15.

Hey scarabman this is an amazing thread from months ago that provides a lot of great insight into how to fix and bring back the competitiveness of the game. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1238432/req-team-competitive-queue-for-domination-details/p1

Other than the obvious Class Balancing issues, more maps and more ways to create an incentive to PvP would be nice to draw in more players to it. I have been playing PvP since MOD 4 from the release from Xbox and the biggest thing I miss is the competitiveness of queueing up and facing people. Knowing each and every single person has a role and a job to do on the team. More so, back then, it was also vastly more balanced. I will always say this game has the best combat system and yeah it can be hilariously buggy at times, I still find my self playing it because it's so polished and clean, and laid out, descriptions don't sugar coat things, you don't have to decipher the da Vinci code to learn how most stuff works, and testing stuff is so much fun.

I love how you guys have been actively working on it in the background. Gives me more hope then what I have been having since this section of the forums is dark.

I would also love to see ways for us, the people who play PvP, the people who stream it, and continue to play for years, the people who understand it have a voice and really help you guys out. Sometimes finding answers isn't easy and it would be very beneficial to help you guys out on all platforms, with any questions you have.

-More PvP maps ★

-An incentive to PvP ★

Add rewards, tournaments, RP, Mounts, weapon skins, cool and unique fashion items, a REASON to play PvP. Only reason why we play is because we have either stuck around, or enjoy killing people. Their is no TRUE reason to PvP. Create an opportunity for all to enjoy PvP and make a reason for us to play it. Especially a reason for people to create teams and fight against one another with stuff on the line to bring back players to PvP.

-More agile class balancing with well, thought out choices and smart impacts to make sure problems like a Trickster Rogue can stay viable, without being broken. For example, Rework of BB so it isn't piercing and also doesn't break Tanks shields, but a change in TR DPS sustainability to make it have more sustainable, reliable DPS options, which I think each class should have.

-Rework of things like Stronghold siege. It would be nice to declare war on Guilds and come together to have some fun with some cool rewards.

-Ways for Supports and non DPS players to earn PvP boons.

-Rework of the PvP boons so they are easier to obtain for all, less barrier to entry.

-Rework of the PvP campaign.

-Remove both Stamina and AP drain.

-Remove things like Cowl, Mane, Cursebringers, Sandy Pants. Microstuns and the introduction to beyond broken items like the ones listed have ruined PvP. They do not belong in the game, and personally anyone who is serious about PvP will tell you the same thing and will agree with me when I say, please do not add anymore of these new OP items please.

-Rework the CC Resistance Stack system. Moves like Griffons Wrath and Impenetrable Jungle(among other moves), don't always count as a CC and bypass numbers. Like a GW will hit you followed by all 2 more and only leave you with 2 CC stacks instead of 3.

Those are just some of the things I came up with over the couple of years i've been playing. Thanks for the response and we all really look forward to you guys reading this and hopefully responding to our feedback! @mimicking#6533 @scarabman
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • scrublord#9152 scrublord Member Posts: 8 Arc User

scarabman said:

I think the stats aren't that big of an issue atm...

I play alot of PVP (more than most) and the major issues atm are these:

- TRs aren't broken its just one Daily Power - Bloodbath which cannot be blocked and does alot of damage - I am a TR myself
    and will admit this. (some TRs only spam this by stacking recovery- not recovery that's the issue ;) ) So yeah TR bloodbath
    needs rework but then other skills will need a some buffing to balance things

Shadow of demise is also pretty fairly broken especially when stacked with BloodBath
    k
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Dev respone is nice, I think everyone understands it can be challenging to balance pvp, especially when no one wants their favored class to be nerfed. I'm glad to hear these things are being actively looked at.

Here's some issues that I think are being overlooked in PVP as well that aren't mentioned in this thread and make PVP a lot less fun:

1. Microstuns: Microstun effects on items that work in pvp need to go. Items like Sandy Pants, curse bringer ring, etc. take any kind of skill and stun timing to get a kill out of the equation, and also take a lot of enjoyment out of pvp in general. CC powers like this should not be on any item and should be limited to certain class features and powers with appropriate ICD.

2. Balance changing items/Reflect damage: Please don't introduce any more "manticore mane" type items that work in pvp. I think that statement goes without saying. While it is fun to have items like this in PVE, their effects should be disabled in PVP to avoid any frustration (ie. Knock back helmet that throws you 500 feet off a node when someone used a daily multiproccing)

Also trigger damage or "reflect" damage abilites cause big problems in PVP as well. Pallies and warlocks are a prime example, as weird buggy interactions between powers lead to frame drops and damage loops. Other class power combos like guardian fighter knights valor/guarded assault and palladin aura of courage cause this as well. Please look at these things.

3. PvP boosting: ie. A solo Q Player intentionally throwing a game so their buddy they are qsyncing with on the opposing team can move up in the leaderboard rankings. This is very easy to do now that there is a cool down on vote kicks. Maybe think about changing the way points are accrued so it isn't only through Win/loss but also based on score earned in a match, kills, assists, etc.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

percemer said:

Hello @djsuperfunx,

Regards,

Wow .. This is deeply appreciated !! Thanks alot Sir.
    Yep- good stuff- and now copied to my desktop for further review. Thanks!
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Scarbman, many thx fro your reply here.

CW, from mod 1.
    PVP only from mod 3.

A better matchmaking of course, but you can have that only if you have a big playerbase that is doing pvp.
    Not the actual situation.

Bring Back player, Monthly Combat League, rewards, good rewards, like the first NCL.

The idea of a 3 vs 3 death match is awesome.
    Balance...i'm a CONTROL Wizard....but where is my CC?

After freezing, the enemy get 4 sec of immunity to freezing, if i remember correctly this one was implemented in mod 6/7?

Recently, the CC immunity system, seems working perfectly only on CW power ( HR trapper immune to the CC system, they can hold you for more than 15 second spamming continuously ) SW is a cc monster like is now, plus if build right with a reflective build + tenebrous ( maybe a check on this, SW power are knowed for let item/enchant multi proc ) melt you in 2 second ( like cw ), but that can be right, but c'mon, i'm a CONTROL Wizard, and there are class that simply overCC me even if built full control.

The spike damage of a GF is so high that even after a reduction done by shield ( 25% ) +60% of DR + 70% deflection with 60% of Deflect Severity is still able to perform a solid 200k , without armor penetration.....

TR....well, i think that this one need an entire thread just for him...

BTW, you asked for only 2...

So , let's be REWARDS - can be implemented by NCL( will bring back player ) and a better balance/matchmaking.
    And i will love the 3 vs 3 :)
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @mimicking#6533 @scarabman

Regarding daylies, what about (at least for pvp only) giving them an insanely high cooldown time that's not affected by recovery nor any cooldow reduction stuff whatsoever? Dying/releasing would not refresh the cooldown, there wouldn't be a way around it.

In return, increase the damage/effect of the daily by a very large % :) That way, daylies actually are something you use tactically rather than spamming them, we would also have to run a 2nd daily a lot more often this way.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer

Bring Back player, Monthly Combat League, rewards, good rewards, like the first NCL.

I'm a big fan of PvP seasons. The combat league was going to be something that made seasons matter, and they did, to a certain extent. However, it was also not well implemented and, thus, it wasn't sustainable from our end.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    scarabman said:

I'm a big fan of PvP seasons. The combat league was going to be something that made seasons matter, and they did, to a certain extent. However, it was also not well implemented and, thus, it wasn't sustainable from our end.
    @mimicking#6533 @scarabman

ok, if is not sustainable, why don't implement something valuable, that can be obtain only with glory instead? Good reward is what you have for doing pve, add item on pvp that must be bought with it , something so good that can't be ignored by player.

Plus, i've an idea regarding the class balance.
    Follow me: ( maily try to understand my eng :D )

Everytime that you , dev, need to change a too much powerfull skill in pvp, or an overperforming class, and so on, you are well aware that if you make change to something you must pay attention that that power will work well in pve too.

And here is your BIG problem.
    You have other priority, often a pvp fix takes ages, in the maintime you lose player because we are not happy of seeing 1 or 2 mod for a balance, sometimes even more.

Doing something that will fix an overperforming/underperforming - power/class in pvp can be terribly broken in pve.

The best will be fix overpowered/underperforming - power/class in dominion/gaunt without modify how they work in pve.

Now, if i've understood correctly how the bonus from companion are applied, your code read What there is inside the "companion" tab of our character and apply the bonuses to him.

Based on the same system, that will work only in dominion/gaunt ( not open area, there will be too much interaction between companion bonus and my idea ), create a new "tab", call it like you want, that cannot be modified by the player, with inside buff/debuff for that specific class, that will work only for pvp.

Let me explain better:
    A new icon, like for the companion bonuses, that is connected to this new tab, where inside there will be buff or debuff to the class that will work in pvp only.

This will let you dev apply any kind of balance, almost istantly, to any class, without modify how the class work in pve.

CW for example, we lack CC right? In this new tab there will be a buff to our cc power of 50% ( random number ), the tab will be the same for all the cw of the server.
    TR has too much AP gain in dominon if his recovery is too high? If recovery is highest of 15k only the AP gain will receive a 50% debuff, so that TR with high recovery will always be fast in their skill rotation, but the ap gain will be reduced ( always random number )
    GF, too much spike damage, 20% of damage reduction
    SW run too fast in dominion, debuff his speed in dominion by 30%
    HR dont do damage, raise his damage by 20%
    GWF recovery too much HP with lifesteal, reduce his lifesteal severity by 50%

and so on for every class, the possibility are almost unlimitless with something like this, and focused for the class that is OVER/Under performing.

You dev have buffed/debuffed too much, a fast correction, change one number in that tab, 50% is too much, let's try 30%.
    And the modify should be so fast that you should be able to apply it in no time ( happy player )

I think that something like this can be perfect for you DEV, for PVE player that will not be afflicted in any way, and after implementaton the balance will be more easy to apply without reworking any power/mechanic .

Sounds good?

• jdizzle4469#7877 jdizzle4469 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    > @scarabman said:
    > We've talked about adding more maps to PvP and we'd love to do it. However, we recognize there have been issues with PvP balance and we have decided to put our PvP focus on that problem, first. We've been working toward that goal over the last couple of expansions by hitting some of the largest problems faced in PvP and there are more changes in the pipeline that will come in M15.
    >
    > The biggest hurdle to overcome is the out-of-control numbers that some of the stats have right now (e.g. recovery, lifesteal). We're actively working on a long term solution for those problems but it's a huge undertaking.
    >
    > What kinds of new things would you most be interested in seeing? Personally, I'd like to see a 3v3 deathmatch option and a PvP boons rework.

Just a thought here. I have talked to a lot of pvp players that loved to pvp. The reason they quit were because of the boons and guild boons. We all started before boons started to play a big role in pvp and it was a blast. So we came to think why not disable all boons and guild boons from pvp. Maybe you could try a que that eliminates this and see how it goes. This I would think allow classes to learn there classes on a fair playing field. I would also think balancing classes much easier .
    Different builds to defeat other classes but lose to others and vica versa. Paper scissors rock. This would bring more loadouts bought and respects,
    along with enchants being built. Just a thought.
    edited August 2018
    Still waiting for the lagfest companions to be disabled from strongholds pvp !!! as per original feedback or a companionless mode ..what a shame such a large map wasted on weekly blood ruby lag farming

still waiting for any dev feedback in the thread regarding the PVP CC reduction changes and its flaws

oh and no pvp rewards and or incentive to play and the pvp boons need a revamp as well as the pvp ring set rewards

oh and give us the good pvp rewards that the Russian server got in thier special pvp events only for them and not us
    dont think we dont know about that lol ...

oh another issue is the lack of dev ability to be agile on fixing game breaking pvp items that also always seem to prioritised to the bottom of the fix list .... right when a new mod is in beta test server it is always immediately obvious what items/ boons in the collection will be broken in pvp .. yet they are still released broken and buggy anyways and their effects are not disabled in pvp and they are knowingly confirmed broken ..

great you guys removed tenacity from pvp so people can use what ever pve stuff they want to level the playing field and barrier to entry and mix and match whatever ... .... then you guys introduce more nerve racking broken pve items/ effects (some that no one in thier right mind would use for pve anyways / these are then deamed "fair" by some under the logic that the devs made it so it must be working as intended this destabilises pvp further to the point of frustration

not to mention some items effects being more broken on some classes then others.. just disable these proccy no skill deflecting CC aonying effects

P.S So devs you still think the stamina and ap drains you introduced were a good idea for pvp or TOXIC
    how many times have you nerfed them back and adjusted them now 3 times..? you realise i watched thousands of pvp players disappear because of the toxicity created by them and other broken items and the separating the haves and have nots

P.S.S Kudos on the character loadouts and accurate item levels .. and fixing stacking and buffing dozens of potions and food in pvp i know these were steps needed to get to where we are

P.S.S.S A dev response in the pvp forums is like finding a 4 leaf clover : d the last time you guy were here was the thread titled "what new pvp mode you would like to see " and we got solo Q ...(slow clap)

P.S.S.S.S How is that 1 v 1 arena you mentioned in a stream for the stronghold coming along ?
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    IMO pvp shouldn't be reward with RAD or gear. That will only attract wrong type of people to que pvp. Yup People that just want afk farm or worse, botter. Instead, to promote competition among pvper, i think its best to reward player with title since most pvper wants is recognition. For example people that stay top 10 in the chart for consecutive 10 match gets a special title. Then top50, 100 and so on. Player that stay 1st in the chart for 10 consecutive match probably will be given the privilege to write his own title and its free to change at anytime till someone take his seat away. All title gain will only last till the end of mod when the chart is refreshed. Just my opinion.

Edit : Maybe some cool cosmetic effect could come with the title. And different title has their own cosmetic effect. But only if u promise us a cool design effect and not ugly one. Also remember to include turn on and off effect option just incase our 'cool' effect does not align.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
    edited August 2018
    etelgrin said:

Hello everybody,

I'm Pug Panther, a PvP SW, a player playing since Sharandar release, and there are couple of things I can't agree on post from @djsuperfunx . Perhaps this is just my opinion but the best balance, best premades and best competitive game play was probably somewhere mod 10.5 right after some GF fixes, when there was still Shocking Execution thing on going, right before boosting up TRs SoD to the sky. Before next patches which changed SoD its worth mentioning that TR was already over the top just a handful of players knew things like stacking daily to reach radiculous power, or stacking DCs back in the day to get Annonited Army to boost your power to the roof. It was all there just known to the minority, because people goes the easiest way possible, it eventually reached the meta.

Back on the TR topic, I prefered to get killed by Shocking Execution 1000x times because it still needed some skill and could be avoided, now we got unavoidable bloodbath and SoD going into insane damage that the amount of HP we have in PvP is not enough treshold to withstand it, and maybe this is some of the problems, not enough HP to survive fully-stacked Destroyer from GWF, the damage multipliers on GF easily holding shield, defending, and delivering deadly nearly oneshot-death experience, or Rogue which kills through having piercing damage and high damage on bloodbath, but bloodbath itself is not that faulty, its the Exe feature that adds a piercing portion to the next thing you use, and if its bloodbath it sears through enemies. The difference in damage is so vast that experienced TR can clear whole node of even equally geared players all by himself. Problem are also that Rogues beside of high damage also has one of the highest survivability, I'm a man of a trade off, you want high damage, you give up on survivability, you want survivability, you should give up on damage or try to find common spot, currently both GF and TR has best and highest survivability and offense available at once.

Recovery is also a huge issue in my opinion balance wise also not only in PvP but in PvE too, the daily power lost its meaning by becoming yet another encounter power due to overperforming of recovery, if you would at least put the same diminishing returns on recovery that is on any other stat it could help reduce the problem, currently we have 100 score to 1% increase, normally its 400 stat to 1% increase. Maybe then you would be even having to put CD on Courage Breaker, because the root of the problem from begining was easily spammable daily power which should be powerful and held to the moment when you are to deliver your best combo, not as another spammable.

Paladin only problem is silly immortality granted by waving mace in the air, I mean I have no problem with what Shielding Strike does just make it that it actually has to hit something. Now OPs stand and wave their maces in the air, and all next thing beside piercing damage will do 0 0 0 0 0. And thats why OPs cry, because TR kills them this way.

In the end, balance is as is, people who stayed in PvP either adapted or gave it up all away, but there is a common point, the combat system and live experience of fast paced combat is what keeps us here still, even after all the issues, at least 1 domi map would be something I would look with a smile on my face, and if there are no assets to delegate to this task, at least allow foundry flagging for PvP, players would make it live, I would be super happy to see Neverwinter Champions League, even with same rewards, it would make players venture in PvP which is one of the best features of this game, if not actually best feature and I really mean it, because I also tried alot of MMOS including ESO and the combat system in Neverwinter is the best I've seen.

Everything you stated above was a subtle way that focuses on the root and underlying fact of your comments & arguments....so tht your SW rules PVP .......AND courage breaker is the only way to stop and kill these perma sprinting SWs these days !! - NOT GONNA HAPPEN LOL !! (spotted !!) >:)
    edited August 2018
    HI Scarabman

A very good suggestion was made quite a few times regarding maybe adding some item level ranged queues with their own leaderboards & record keeping (titles ?) at that lvl ...

Higher levels should offer better rewards obviously

Suggested Item Lvl Queue System (4 additional Queues)

0-6K
    7k-9k
    10k-13k
    14k and up

Alot of veteran and current players will roll new toons at lower lvls and work their way up through the ranks.

This will also create more revenue for Cryptic for various reasons

Thanks again for all the feedback Scarabman !! Amazing ...

Cheerz

B)

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on
    edited August 2018
    you cant have bracketed Q when differently classes perform better ( are more broken )at lower item levels then others
    you cant have bracketed Q unless pvp uses a specific gear loadout tab and gear is locked for the match ....not going to happen
    cause you cant tell people not to change/ swap thier gear and adapt to who thier are facing during the match

for example you have gear equipped with no stamina drain wards on it and you are facing some scrub using drains ,...
    are you screwed now and cant change gear for the whole ,match or only at the camp fire ...

take off all gear ...Q for pvp 0-6k low bracket.. put back gear on back to 17k item levlel .. LOLZ stomp fest ...ya right
    kalina311 said:

you cant have bracketed Q when differently classes perform better ( are more broken )at lower item levels then others
    you cant have bracketed Q unless pvp uses a specific gear loadout tab and gear is locked for the match ....not going to happen
    cause you cant tell people not to change/ swap thier gear and adapt to who thier are facing during the match

for example you have gear equipped with no stamina drain wards on it and you are facing some scrub using drains ,...
    are you screwed now and cant change gear for the whole ,match or only at the camp fire ...

take off all gear ...Q for pvp 0-6k low bracket.. put back gear on back to 17k item levlel .. LOLZ stomp fest ...ya right

Its all good cause 90% of players will do the same ..whatever that is ;)
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

Suggested Item Lvl Queue System (4 additional Queues)

0-6K
    7k-9k
    10k-13k
    14k and up

Problem with this is there aren't enough active PvPers so that you can seperate them and still have the queue popping up. If you give everyone who queues 14k IL however, as long as they are in a PvP arena, you'd then have the same balance without seperating the playerbase.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @lordnemesis1981

Nerfing SW movement, really? The very thing the class has to help rotating nodes? Is not like their legit damage (so no Manticore Mane bs) and survability are through the roof, in fact they're worse than those of other classes.

Devs, please take away 3 encounters from pvp CW, that makes as much sense as nerfing SW movement :smile: