test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rework stealth mechanic.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Please let this thread die....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    agreed . close it . was bs from the start anyway :t
  • The main issue with this thread is that people are complaining about a Class Vs. an Item. An item that's broken is bad for the community but everyone has access to it. A class that's broken is only accessible by that borken class which can ALSO use the broken item. So what would be better to fix first ? Also, SoD is a major problem. You should do damage because you DO damage. For PvP that a combination of Power and Armor Pen. To get armor pen to do the same damage as everyone else, what would you do ? Reduce recovery. Which means less smoke Bomb's, less Impossible to Catch and slightly less Bloodbaths. All the people saying SoD is not the problem are TRs lol
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I wish a reduction to the deflection severity stat, it should be on par will all the other class, it can be a good point to be considered.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Ok > @lordnemesis1981 said:
    > I wish a reduction to the deflection severity stat, it should be on par will all the other class, it can be a good point to be considered.

No... keep us different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lividstion#0941 lividstion Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @shaffer24#0953 said:
    > Ok...I'm an avid PvP enthusiast, and lately I've been noticing that TRs are quite unbalanced in PvP and the main reason is how stupid the stealth mechanic is in this game.
    >
    > I mean TRs are possibly the highest single target dps class in the game and then you have to deal with the fact that they are untargetble/unhitable 90% of the time...mean while the have constant daze/stun on you while smashing through 70% of your HP in a single hit.
    >
    > Really they don't need a damage nerf though...they wouldn't be as hard to handle if they actually took any damage....but when they can stay stealthed for 90-100% of a fight you can not damage them at all...even if you hit them with a dot while you can they take maybe 1-2 ticks of damage before the dot stops working on them....
    >
    > And devs if you don't believe it just take a look at the PvP standings... A disproportionate amount of the top pvpers are TR....like 65-75% of the top 5 pages are TRs and not because they are any good...its just because the class needs a balance for PvP that won't effect them in pve. So just reworking the stealth mechanic would be the easiest and best solution to improve the imbalance of the class.
    >
    > <font color="orange">Moderator edited title to conform with forum <a href="https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1191393/">Rules and Policies</a>

Make it so TRs can see and attack each other!
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    LOL at these TRs trying to defend their class when deep down they know they are by far the most broken class in the game. All of the classes have broken parts. However the TR is just out of control. Post Mod 14 and TR nerf and a well built TR is still having their way with an entire team of similarly built players of other classes...5v1! Seriously Devs do whatever you have to do to save PVP. If you cant tone down the TR and really the GF too then buff the other classes. Unless you want to kill off PVP. I've been playing on X1 for 3 years now and the PVP player base has to be at an all time low. After you did away with tenacity it brought a lot of new players in to the arena...which was awesome and PVP desperately needed. However now with all of the broken items and classes not balanced your lucky to even get a match to pop. It's sad really. People love the fast paced combat, the FX, the magic, the different classes fighting each other, but when you go in there and just get wiped over and over and your toon is almost maxed out it's pretty discouraging. You know that's what happened. Mod 14 dropped, people were expecting these great nerfs to take place but when they Q'd up they quickly realized it was the same old story. So please oh please oh please do something. Save PVP it's too good to let it die
  • icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User

LOL at these TRs trying to defend their class when deep down they know they are by far the most broken class in the game. All of the classes have broken parts. However the TR is just out of control. Post Mod 14 and TR nerf and a well built TR is still having their way with an entire team of similarly built players of other classes...5v1! Seriously Devs do whatever you have to do to save PVP. If you cant tone down the TR and really the GF too then buff the other classes. Unless you want to kill off PVP. I've been playing on X1 for 3 years now and the PVP player base has to be at an all time low. After you did away with tenacity it brought a lot of new players in to the arena...which was awesome and PVP desperately needed. However now with all of the broken items and classes not balanced your lucky to even get a match to pop. It's sad really. People love the fast paced combat, the FX, the magic, the different classes fighting each other, but when you go in there and just get wiped over and over and your toon is almost maxed out it's pretty discouraging. You know that's what happened. Mod 14 dropped, people were expecting these great nerfs to take place but when they Q'd up they quickly realized it was the same old story. So please oh please oh please do something. Save PVP it's too good to let it die

it's simple. At the moment, tr does almost no damage without bloodbath. And no pve tr uses bloodbath... so just tone down bloodbath damage, or if they prefer, make the tr able to take damage while in bloodbath. Or perhaps just give all classes the ability to take ZERO damage for roughly 5 seconds when they do a daily. Yeah....
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    icexnine said:

it's simple. At the moment, tr does almost no damage without bloodbath. And no pve tr uses bloodbath... so just tone down bloodbath damage, or if they prefer, make the tr able to take damage while in bloodbath. Or perhaps just give all classes the ability to take ZERO damage for roughly 5 seconds when they do a daily. Yeah....
    Your post made me lol.
    You wrote about tr's almost doing no damage without bloodbath. Than you suggest to have bloodbath nerfed so that tr's will end up with ... almost no damage.
    Nerf after nerf after nerf... you weak players still can't get enough asking for more nerfs. I bet most of you are below 10k item level with wrong builds/stats/gears.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

icexnine said:

Your post made me lol.
    You wrote about tr's almost doing no damage without bloodbath. Than you suggest to have bloodbath nerfed so that tr's will end up with ... almost no damage.
    Nerf after nerf after nerf... you weak players still can't get enough asking for more nerfs. I bet most of you are below 10k item level with wrong builds/stats/gears.

You truly have the reading comprehension skills of a 7 year old. I'll leave you with today's homework of determining the difference between "tone down" and "nerfed so that tr's will end up with ... almost no damage".

Plus, the damage is not the issue in itself. It's the damage from bloodbath in combination with the inability to take damage from others (i.e. when in bloodbath, stealth itc, or just plain stealth, and the infamous 75% base deflect severity that is still acceptable at this stage of the game apparently. I believe this point will be lost on you, but i will post for others.

Also for a good lol... I bet most of you had SW's that couldn't be competitive, so you made TR's and you are still unable to compete with the top tier players; however, you are now content with swiftly killing mid-tier players even if it meant you needed to use by far the most broken class to do so... or something like that.
    edited September 2018
    icexnine said:

You truly have the reading comprehension skills of a 7 year old. I'll leave you with today's homework of determining the difference between "tone down" and "nerfed so that tr's will end up with ... almost no damage".

Plus, the damage is not the issue in itself. It's the damage from bloodbath in combination with the inability to take damage from others (i.e. when in bloodbath, stealth itc, or just plain stealth, and the infamous 75% base deflect severity that is still acceptable at this stage of the game apparently. I believe this point will be lost on you, but i will post for others.

Also for a good lol... I bet most of you had SW's that couldn't be competitive, so you made TR's and you are still unable to compete with the top tier players; however, you are now content with swiftly killing mid-tier players even if it meant you needed to use by far the most broken class to do so... or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhnsmUbgovQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMhGPiLPu8

As you can see, i created my TR in 2015 and my SW was created in 2016.

Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• At the end of the day, there's a reason every other class says the TR needs to be scaled or adjusted. In its current state, it is the most dominating class. Honestly, a Daily Cooldown would help everyone.

At the end of the day, there's a reason every other class says the TR needs to be scaled or adjusted. In its current state, it is the most dominating class. Honestly, a Daily Cooldown would help everyone.

I disagree. Look how many things were nerfed on tr and players still can't get enough asking more things to be nerfed.
    Even if TR gets a daily cooldown ( which is BS ) people will still be complaining about tr's.
    Those who are complaining about tr's atm (mod14) are just bad players with wrong gears, stats, etc.

• ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Lol that must be about 90 percent of Neverwinter PVP player base then huh. Everyone's a bad player with wrong gear I suppose...unless your a TR.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    On PC 4 out of 10 player are TR most of the time. Many of them are moderate player... at best, some are underwhelming, some abuse Manticore, drains and some run ring of vision on top to guarantee their Sod-happening.. Poor guys. So you can state that 90% of those player (TR) are worse than the average player in PVP, it is completely the other way imo.
    Maybe they underperformed with other classes once and now try to satisfy their ego in post-apocalypse PVP.
    The moment you meet one of those PVP veterans you feel the difference and you see how badly broken that class really is.
  • stollebub#2468 stollebub Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Trs are the strongest and easiest class to play in pvp. There is a reason so many players switched to tr and hey they re way stronger than before, what a coincidence haha

Funny thing is, a lot of tr players on ps4 who are on 1st page tried other classes before in pvp and guess what they were really bad cause of no skill. And now they re all way stronger cause they can hide behind SoD and bloodbath...even bad players with good gear playin tr can be a threat to everyone and thats the difference...a bad player playin a hr or a gwf will always be trash

So if a good player (who could master any other class in pvp) chooses a tr, he will have a lot of advantages and will win 99 % of 1v1s against another player with the same skill level using another class

Its more than obvious that trs are lil bit over the top despite the "nerf" in mod 14
  • baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    And the funny thing is dev keep giving them items that make them even more OP, for example the cowl of death [Equip: When you use a Daily power, you knockback all enemies within 20 feet away from you, stunning undead enemies for 3 seconds. (30 second cooldown)] BB is already boken used with Invisible Infiltrator (multi proc).
    when BB hit, u get knock then stun.. and if u have like 180k - 200k hp you are already dead. I'm with 315k HP most of time i get into 10% and then SoD will do the rest... btw if dev read those threads they just laugh most prolly, they don't give a HAMSTER about pvp class unbalance...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Trs are the strongest and easiest class to play in pvp. There is a reason so many players switched to tr and hey they re way stronger than before, what a coincidence haha

Funny thing is, a lot of tr players on ps4 who are on 1st page tried other classes before in pvp and guess what they were really bad cause of no skill. And now they re all way stronger cause they can hide behind SoD and bloodbath...even bad players with good gear playin tr can be a threat to everyone and thats the difference...a bad player playin a hr or a gwf will always be trash

So if a good player (who could master any other class in pvp) chooses a tr, he will have a lot of advantages and will win 99 % of 1v1s against another player with the same skill level using another class

Its more than obvious that trs are lil bit over the top despite the "nerf" in mod 14

3-button-class, press tab, press R and press 1, that´s it in short.. ok dodge dodge roll roll
    baoshione said:

And the funny thing is dev keep giving them items that make them even more OP, for example the cowl of death [Equip: When you use a Daily power, you knockback all enemies within 20 feet away from you, stunning undead enemies for 3 seconds. (30 second cooldown)] BB is already boken used with Invisible Infiltrator (multi proc).
    when BB hit, u get knock then stun.. and if u have like 180k - 200k hp you are already dead. I'm with 315k HP most of time i get into 10% and then SoD will do the rest... btw if dev read those threads they just laugh most prolly, they don't give a HAMSTER about pvp class unbalance...

Devs eat cheeseburger instead of taking care, that´s what I learned in another threat :)
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    "in PvP. Attacking enemies while stealthed will reveal you to other players"

: D !!!!!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242595/m15-trickster-rogue-class-changes/p1

eat that : D
  • shaffer24#0953 shaffer24 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My thread worked!!!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    changes for tr(many classes ) were in the works for mod 15 :D well before you made your thread and were commented on by dozens of vet pvp forum members in one form or another over the span of years ,, ..( i wish cryptic worked that fast )

also these changes were already / deployed tested in a prior mod briefly.. so nothing really new here

whats to take credit for? where were your actual suggestions to rework stealth ?
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    If they really wanted to make a difference to TRs stealth mechanic it would need to be "doing and taking damage" removes them from stealth. Smoke Bomb ticks aren't going to reveal the TR. During Blood Bath, you are immune so who cares if you are visible. All encounter powers you use (in PvP) remove you from stealth when used anyway. Only people using Cloud of Steel will be removed from stealth. That stealth rework only hurts the bad TRs that don't play well already to be honest.

If they really wanted to make a difference to TRs stealth mechanic it would need to be "doing and taking damage" removes them from stealth. Smoke Bomb ticks aren't going to reveal the TR. During Blood Bath, you are immune so who cares if you are visible. All encounter powers you use (in PvP) remove you from stealth when used anyway. Only people using Cloud of Steel will be removed from stealth. That stealth rework only hurts the bad TRs that don't play well already to be honest.

itc duration doubled. courage break duration increased to 8s instead of 5s. and piercing dmg back in sod if i read that correctly, which must be some sort of joke. poor trs ;(

i can see it now... mod 20 patch notes:
    • no longer a limitation on the number of classes in solo q domination (5tr v 5tr yay)
    • to address abysmal q times, there's no longer a level requirement for pvp (welcome to pvp lvl 1s!!!)
    • We have heard your concerns and we are still looking at classes that are over-performing in pvp such as: gf, op, dc, sw, cw, hr, and gwf. Adjustments will come in future mods, stay tuned!
    • no new maps to report
    • no new gametypes to report
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    icexnine said:

itc duration doubled. courage break duration increased to 8s instead of 5s. and piercing dmg back in sod if i read that correctly, which must be some sort of joke. poor trs ;(

• no longer a limitation on the number of classes in solo q domination (5tr v 5tr yay)
    • to address abysmal q times, there's no longer a level requirement for pvp (welcome to pvp lvl 1s!!!)
    • We have heard your concerns and we are still looking at classes that are over-performing in pvp such as: gf, op, dc, sw, cw, hr, and gwf. Adjustments will come in future mods, stay tuned!
    • no new maps to report
    Didn't read all of the TR changes so thanks for telling me it will pretty much be just like old TR lol. Perma CB lmao. ITC duration doubled with the current TR means it will never LITERALLY never go away. This is a joke.

Mod 20 same 2 maps, but we added some nice blue loot
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    theguiido said:

icexnine said:

• no new maps to report
    Didn't read all of the TR changes so thanks for telling me it will pretty much be just like old TR lol. Perma CB lmao. ITC duration doubled with the current TR means it will never LITERALLY never go away. This is a joke.

Yup, they buffed the TRs defensive abilities again. ITC and CB. SMH
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    vordayn said:

theguiido said:

icexnine said:

• no new maps to report

Yup, they buffed the TRs defensive abilities again. ITC and CB. SMH
    I am in utter disbelief. I have no words bro.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    @theguiido

I summarized the "buffs" to my specific build elsewhere. You can read this and get the short version of what TRs can get in Mod 15. Note that my TR is Sabo. I think that Sabo is going to be much stronger in Mod 15. It is already really good...

My TR will gain in Mod 15

1.) Gloaming Cut + ~25% Damage
    2.) Gloaming Cut = (speed increased/animation quicker) Wayyy easier to land on stunned targets, behind shields, in-between dodges, and on focused/low-health targets.
    3.) Combat Advantage up even outside of Stealth (roughly a 30% Damage boost outside of stealth according to math nerds elsewhere). Look below for this interacting with Oppressive Darkness as well! [in another post]
    ------If this source of CA works like Nightmare Wizardry or the other sources of CA, jesus... lol
    4.) Courage Breaker 20% DR Debuff (very good team utility since CB is easy to spot/focus)
    5.) Courage Breaker buffed to 8 seconds.
    6.) Oppressive Darkness + ~39% Damage
    7.) Exposed Weakness + 25% Armor Ignored
    8.) Impossible to Catch up-time buff (and CB) allows for less recovery/more power
    -----moving 3K Recovery will probably still allow for daily spam/ITC perma and negate missing power from Gutterborn's.
    9.) Gutterborn's + 10% Damage + 10% Armor Penetration (2K for me, roughly)
    10.) Significantly less CD on Smoke Bomb (Yikes)! lol
    11.) Press the Advantage +10% CA Damage
    12.) Master Infighter (basically a baby Feytouched) +10% Outgoing Damage, - 10% Incoming Damage
    13.) Personally, my TR will also gain 2 CHA (+2% CA Damage) as I won't need the extra INT for ITC anymore (most likely).

@theguiido

I summarized the "buffs" to my specific build elsewhere. You can read this and get the short version of what TRs can get in Mod 15. Note that my TR is Sabo. I think that Sabo is going to be much stronger in Mod 15. It is already really good...

My TR will gain in Mod 15

1.) Gloaming Cut + ~25% Damage
    2.) Gloaming Cut = (speed increased/animation quicker) Wayyy easier to land on stunned targets, behind shields, in-between dodges, and on focused/low-health targets.
    3.) Combat Advantage up even outside of Stealth (roughly a 30% Damage boost outside of stealth according to math nerds elsewhere). Look below for this interacting with Oppressive Darkness as well! [in another post]
    ------If this source of CA works like Nightmare Wizardry or the other sources of CA, jesus... lol
    4.) Courage Breaker 20% DR Debuff (very good team utility since CB is easy to spot/focus)
    5.) Courage Breaker buffed to 8 seconds.
    6.) Oppressive Darkness + ~39% Damage
    7.) Exposed Weakness + 25% Armor Ignored
    8.) Impossible to Catch up-time buff (and CB) allows for less recovery/more power
    -----moving 3K Recovery will probably still allow for daily spam/ITC perma and negate missing power from Gutterborn's.
    9.) Gutterborn's + 10% Damage + 10% Armor Penetration (2K for me, roughly)
    10.) Significantly less CD on Smoke Bomb (Yikes)! lol
    11.) Press the Advantage +10% CA Damage
    12.) Master Infighter (basically a baby Feytouched) +10% Outgoing Damage, - 10% Incoming Damage
    13.) Personally, my TR will also gain 2 CHA (+2% CA Damage) as I won't need the extra INT for ITC anymore (most likely).

Major yikes dude. Dear lord.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Tr need a nerf toxic broken class :)
    Tr needs more love / buffs.
    Make our sod great again #Mosga
    Make our CC great again #Mocga
    lol.