What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180709g.4

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Barovia
  • Barovian Vigil: This quest no longer gains credit from other players' actions.
  • Pack of Lies: Party members without the quest can no longer block the players on the quest from looting the Sunsword's Hilt.
  • Pack of Lies: The Sunsword's hilt now appears in the pile of treasure the player interacts with.
  • Several adjustments were made to improve lighting and visual quality in a few places.
  • Various audio and voiceover have received minor improvements.
Castle Ravenloft
  • Certain enemies now properly leash if they defeat the entire party.
  • Players should now consistently be defeated by Strahd's ability, Brink of Death, without chance to revive.
  • Strahd's mid-dungeon commentary now plays more consistently.
  • The intro cutscene now consistently plays for every character who loads in. It is also now skippable.
  • The Sunsword now consistently respawns if the entire party is defeated by Strahd.
General
  • Cradle of the Death God: Acererak no longer talks over himself when Cry of the Atropal occurs.
  • Enemy-specific music (e.g. large dinosaurs or the Night Terror) now properly plays again.
  • Mother Lode: This quest's objective is no longer blocked by collision.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods: During the Avatar of Orcus fight, zombies no longer have a chance to escape the arena.
  • Various typos have been addressed.

Combat and Powers
Artifact Powers
  • Tarokka Deck: Each individual power should be drawn at a more even rate.
  • Thirst: The icon on the power tray now matches the icon in the inventory.
Enchantments and Enhancements
  • Weapon and Armor Enhancements once again fully function for characters under level 70.
General
  • Lord Roy's Jerkin now has an icon for its buff.
  • Ras Manca's Spare Hat: This item's power now has an internal cooldown.

Items and Economy
General
  • Adorable Pocket Pet: This item can no longer be unequipped while it is on cooldown.
  • Orcus Set Bonus: This set bonus no longer affects power tooltips.
  • River District rewards for minor Heroic Encounters now give 10 Seals, reduced from 50.
  • Stronghold PvP now grants Ravenloft campaign currency.
  • The Bishop - 8 of Glyphs is now named 8 of Glyphs - The Bishop to match the rest of the cards' naming.

User Interface
Campaigns
  • Campaign rewards now show a banner of the quality of the reward, rather than always being blue-quality.
Journal & Quest Tracker
  • The Journal now more correctly matches the current state of the Quest Tracker's Quest Path display.
  • When forcing the Quest Path to display on a quest that the player has hidden from the Tracker, the quest now automatically re-displays on the Quest Tracker.
Loadouts
  • Another issue preventing loadout swaps has been addressed.
Powers and Feats
  • The Retrain process now better handles resetting Paragon Paths.
General
  • All occurrences of "Attributes" have been updated to "Ability Scores" to properly match D&D terminology.
  • The Scoreboard UI no longer wraps huge amounts of damage around to a negative number. If numbers get too high, it caps.
  • The Zen Market now properly closes when a loading screen appears.

Art, Animation, and Effects
Character Art
  • Beards and tusks no longer freak out while riding on a mount.

Localization
General
  • Various localization fixes have been made in French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'll be happy when chef melvins ring has 2 enchantment slots. @terramak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    terramak said:

The Scoreboard UI no longer wraps huge amounts of damage around to a negative number. If numbers get too high, it caps.
    all sorts of useful that is, not that the scoreboard was terribly useful to begin with... but still.

I think it speaks volumes that player characters in Neverwinter have reached a level of power that exceeds the game's ability to calculate it.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Can we get Cards of Coins to have an equal drop chance as the others?
    I still only have the two I got near the start.

Also the Poster for Gnarly Jack drops 4x the rate as the others for me.

Side Note: I also have a graphics problem with Steal Time. During battles the
    camera can very rapidly pan slightly back from me and then return.
    Little nausea inducing. Sorry I don't have a recording of it. Will make
    one if other people see it.

Otherwise, glad the patches are coming together for this module. :) Thank you!

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    River District rewards for minor Heroic Encounters now give 10 Seals, reduced from 50.

RD is a cool zone, but there is now no reason to go there (the weapons are irrelevant and the boons ain't all that). Was a good community of people doing the HEs up to this point, the whole zone is basically skippable now. Needs the addition of the
    extra NPC that allows you to progress the zone twice as fast like IWD/DR or reduction in costs like sharandar now for people that do want the boons.
  • Options
    microboeb#2428 microboeb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @terramak said:
    >
    > * The Scoreboard UI no longer wraps huge amounts of damage around to a negative number. If numbers get too high, it caps.

This is not a fix. You’re using duct tape to patch things up instead of actually fixing it.

There is no reason to have negative numbers on the scoreboard so using an unsigned integer would be the easiest fix. Either that or just get rid of paingiver.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Hopefully this time it will fix lag issues and freezeng I am experiencing since MOD 14 release. Heck cant even move in port Nyanzaru - looks like a kind of memory leak
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    great weapon fighter with the shift key when I ran the server officially and very lag there is a performance drop in the 1-2 uptade do not understand , We missed playing the game without the lag.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

River District rewards for minor Heroic Encounters now give 10 Seals, reduced from 50.

RD is a cool zone, but there is now no reason to go there (the weapons are irrelevant and the boons ain't all that). Was a good community of people doing the HEs up to this point, the whole zone is basically skippable now. Needs the addition of the
    extra NPC that allows you to progress the zone twice as fast like IWD/DR or reduction in costs like sharandar now for people that do want the boons.

+1. Yep. This was the place to hit, especially during double seals events. Now...I'll just hit it once a week (if at all) if I want to pick up some minor salvage or RP from the lair quests.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Can we get transmutes and titles from the class packs back please?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Yea I think it would have been FINE had they reduced it to 20; cause Small HE in Barovia I think give 25, I can't remember offhand what the Moderate give offhand; but I believe the BHE perhaps gives 50. Still I think 10 is a little too much, even though I agree 50 was too many. Your points are likely valid they took it a little too far and HOPE they revise it to 20. Yet generally after they correct issues only on a few rare occasions have they reconsidered... But let's HOPE & PRAY to our GODS.

Thought I'm glad to see many BUGs starting to come together for Ravenloft as have several others have noticed! It seems like quite a significant patch at 3.5 GB. Often there may other things that don't always get identified in Patch Notes; including a few minor issues. Still it seems like a large patch so let's hope there several other improvements as well; as they often only comment on the larger ones.

Just HOPE they soon discover what's causing FPS (somtimes) to render at <30 FPS despite being set at 60; and also while Framerate stablization or Auto-stablize Framerate are enabled. I've always ran at 60 and during MOD 13 didn't even turn on Framerate stablization and 60 always displayed reliably. Since MOD 14 often many Daily, Encounter, or At-wils have .15s-.25s pauses in the middle of RENDERING or can at times appear less than <30 FPS MOD 14. Those were identified in the Ravenloft BUG forum as well as here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241083/fps-drop-issue

Also I think <font color=white>terramak accidently posted this to preview? I only say that because it seems similar or identical to the patch notes Nitocris83 posted so maybe one of them will combine the two threads?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10964283

@terramak @nitocris83

Can we get transmutes and titles from the class packs back please?

HOPEFULLY they also ADD the companions from the CLASS Packs back to the ZEN store; perhaps even if provided at the same Rare quality or even perhaps a higher EPIC quality; for slightly more ZEN they could combine with the class gear transmute items as a special bundle pack included with the companion. <3
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    strathkin said:

Yea I think it would have been FINE had they reduced it to 20; cause Small HE in Barovia I think give 25, I can't remember offhand what the Moderate give offhand; but I believe the BHE perhaps gives 50. Still I think 10 is a little too much, even though I agree 50 was too many. Your points are likely valid they took it a little too far and HOPE they revise it to 20. Yet generally after they correct issues only on a few rare occasions have they reconsidered... But let's HOPE & PRAY to our GODS.
    I believe Barovia is 20 for the small HEs, but I find the RD ones more difficult, Barovia you don't have to face as many foes at the same time (mainly 4 groups of 4), my squishy melee HR can solo the Barovia small HEs but not the RD ones.

• Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Bring the transmutes from class packs back.

You can't just remove them from the game without notice like that.
  • Options
    davionydaviony Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > Orcus Set Bonus: This set bonus no longer affects power tooltips.

What does this mean? I've been staring at it off and on since this morning and can't make heads or tails of it.
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry. Internal name used externally. The Demon Lords' Immortality item-set bonus no longer affects the estimated damage dealt by powers; it introduced a bug in which the damage estimates simply wouldn't display if the player had the set bonus active.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Bring the transmutes from class packs back.

You can't just remove them from the game without notice like that.

You can still claim the packs from the rewards claim agent, if you bought it earlier.

You just can't buy it on a new account.

• Options
    davionydaviony Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    terramak said:

Sorry. Internal name used externally. The Demon Lords' Immortality item-set bonus no longer affects the estimated damage dealt by powers; it introduced a bug in which the damage estimates simply wouldn't display if the player had the set bonus active.

Thanks.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Art, Animation, and Effects
    Character Art
    • Beards and tusks no longer freak out while riding on a mount.
    So far only the Griffin is fixed, Gorgon Parade horse, Shampion Charger and bullets still make my beard goes up and cover my face...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
This discussion has been closed.