test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft dungeon- Bat swarm mechanic

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'll start this feedback thread by saying that i absolutely love the idea of the mechanic !
But there is a little thing that could be improved, when you get swarmed by the bats (be it at sisters or at strahd) you don't have any time to react, it starts dealing damage instantly, so as a squishier class, unless you're in the light or the stars(buffs) align properly you have to die and burn a scroll, you just can't get there fast enough.
My suggestion would be to add a small ~1 second delay after you have been targeted before the damage starts, that way you could get to safety in time.
Post edited by nooneatza on

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    It’s outright bugged and doesn’t behave like the soak it’s supposed to be (going by what asterdahl said about the mechanic).

It’s mentioned in multiple threads in the Bug and other sub forums.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    vorphied said:

It’s outright bugged and doesn’t behave like the soak it’s supposed to be (going by what asterdahl said about the mechanic).

It’s mentioned in multiple threads in the Bug and other sub forums.

Iiiiii'm fairly sure it's not supposed to be a soak, that would just encourage more supports and that's a thing the devs stated they clearly don't want.
    Little tip: When you get swarmed you are supposed to go into the light(near lamp posts at sisters / near candles at strahd) and the swarm just dissapears.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    The soak information is per a developer:
    asterdahl said:

rjc9000 said:

Specifically, the bats swarm was the most confusing part. There is nothing that explains what the team needs to do to counter this.

The bats appear simultaneously with the soak indicator (5 arrows pulsing and pointing to the primary target.) Mechanically this works identically to other soak mechanics, e.g. hypothermia (Drufi, Storvald) and uncontrollable turmoil (the atropal.)

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    It's definetly a soak and there is no time to react to this.. The damage imparted is way off the charts, even while soaking with 5 ppl there is a good chance someone will go down and i've seen plenty of squishier toons with above 220k hp and moderate amounts of dr go down just as easily. Something is definetly wrong with this. At times it works as intended and far more often it wrecks ppl.