test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adventurer's Pack Rework

peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
So, where to start.... Adventurers pack was replaced by 2 new ripoff packages... ok, understandable, the previous one was just as bad. I hope nobody will waste their precious ZEN on it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10959853-adventurer's-pack-rework-and-pack-sale!

But
In addition, all class packs have been removed from the Zen Market.

Where will the items from those packs be available? Those packs have some unique and "highly sought after" stuff, it cant be just removed like that and left be without a single word.

Comments

• soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    indeed i have no interest in the adventurer pack, without considerable rework, however what was the idea behind removing the class packs. i just dont get it, they arent high on my list of needed items but i did buy sone when i felt like it only a few off the complete set. now... unless they are going into the wondrous bazaar ive missed out on my chance to get the missing items and titles.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Why did you remove all the class packs from the Zen Market?

I was planning to get them all, only got 3 so far, and now I can't.
    So do you have a replacement for the unique titles, companions and transmutations to be available somewhere? Especially the titles, as you can put the companions on dungeon loot table and transmutes on new gear.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I was literally planning to buy some of the packs I was missing this weekend because of the transmutes and BAM, removed from the game :D

And no words if we will be able to get the transmutes in some other ways, thank you Cryptic I guess

Also, looking at the new packs, I can say I will never buy them and I wonder if anyone will ever do
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Removing the classs packs is a bad move.

The new packs seem to be mostly a waste if someone already has VIP.
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    i just dont get why they did it like this. it just seems like a strange move and after reviewing the content of the new pack its very over prices no more then 2k ish worth of items the pack should give more then the cost of zen
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Well, someone probably calculated that they could get more money out of players, if they remove the class packs and start selling those companions one at the time...

About these "Adventurer" packs, perhaps a few new players might waste their money on them, but why would anyone else buy them? Even at half price they don't seem worth spending ZEN for, unless they replace that Kenku Archer Companion with a full set of Archon Companions.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bemery#9836 bemery Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Removing the classs packs is a bad move. :# unless they are revamping them :)
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    if they revamp class packs, those packs will be not acc. wide. also you can be sure that soon they remove dragon and fey packs.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Removing the classs packs is a bad move. :# unless they are revamping them :)

Yea I mean some of the Rare Companions that were often very good for specific classes, at the very least should be added to the Companions to the ZEN store! If they wanted to offer an attractive offering make those companions Epic then put them in a Companion Pack, along with offering a R7 Bonding Stones, include the previous Class Equipment (but rather than gear just 6 level 1 transmutes) for 250 more ZEN or 2750...

Thought it's possibly they may be revamping the Class Packs to offer a little bit more; we seen them expanding some other offerings or slightly reduce the costs of others. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what other packs or items they will be changing or updating in the near to mid term.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • bemery#9836 bemery Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Kind of weird but epic adventurer's pack on xbox ultimate sale is like $18 and you get 1000 zen, 30 days of VIP, a 24 slot bag of holding, an epic mount and a few other things while this costs 4000 zen?
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The Support box is pretty 'meh', but the Head Start box is pretty decent for a brand new player. I'm not sure why the Ensorcelled Arsenal is in there, though, unless it's going to drop a weapon / off-hand for the class the player has chosen...

As for the class packs - meh. The SW one was only recommended because of the companion. The GWF War Boar was good for GF/GWF, but otherwise, there wasn't a whole lot of value in the packs. You rapidly grew out of the included gear. The companions (as mentioned) were less than stellar.

It'd be nice to see them come back with something with a bit more staying power. Maybe include the Ensorcelled set for the class, so it gives the pack usefulness from 1-70, and improve the companion selection / usefulness.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    BTW the Bahamuts pack was also nija removed, i never wanted that one... but its worth a mention at least.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It appears that the companions from the removed packs were added singly to the Zen store. They are single use, not unlocks and come with the standard bonding stone.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

It appears that the companions from the removed packs were added singly to the Zen store. They are single use, not unlocks and come with the standard bonding stone.

HR booster pack -> Hunting Hawk
    SW -> Erinyes of Belial
    OP -> Dedicated Squire
    TR -> Greenscale Bowman
    CW -> Red Slaad
    GWF -> War Boar
    GF -> Werewolf
    DC -> Deva Champion
    ... can't find any of them in the store, or is that change only on the PTS at the moment?
    Want to know why?
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    The war boar is a shame, its one of the best active companions. 5% more damage to marked targets, as soon as you run with a GF or GWF you have that.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
    > @regenerde said:
    >
    > ... can't find any of them in the store, or is that change only on the PTS at the moment?

Ar work now, but they were in the Sale section when I posted. I remember seeing the Deva, certainly.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    They are not in the ZEN market on live, and preview has typically empty ZEN market except for some services like loadouts for obvious reasons.
    They certainly plan on adding these back, somehow, but nobody knows how or when and thats the not cool part about it.
    They might add it within few next weeks... or in mod 20. We have seen this approach in action with the old dungeons...
    Ok, it's Astral Deva that I saw not the Deva Champion. Never realized there were different ones.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    (deleting duplicate post...)
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Darnit. I really wanted the War Boar and GWF Goring Greatsword transmute at some point. Looks like they're gone forever.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
    War Boar can drop in dungeons. There are probably some on the AH if speculators haven't snapped them up.
    edited August 2018
    I don't think so...
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/War_Boar
    the one from the class pack
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Boar
    the one left in the AH.
    Want to know why?
    Erinyes is a possible dungeon drop. I would imagine all of the other pack pets would be.
    edited August 2018
    Well, the Dedicated Squire is another unique companion... and i'm not sure if there's another healer companion with a cleansing ability left in game. I mean, considering that nearly every enemy in Barovia is throwing around CC effects like candy, i think removing a companion like this without a replacement is a major mistake.
    Want to know why?