test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Aura of Radiance aggroes low-level mobs

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
I am not sure if this is a bug, but if it isn't, it ought to be. The OP class feature Aura of Radiance, "Foes within 30' of you take damage every 3 seconds", aggroes even low-level mobs in leveling maps.

Comments

• oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    I'm sorry but... what do you expect to happen when you hit a mob? Cause that's what aura of radiance does. It hits everything within the given range as per description, "Foes...take damage..." and so, when you deal damage to the mobs... low lever or not they will come to attack you.

Remove aura of radiance and problem solved if that is annoying to you.

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I would expect it to aggro mobs that I would only ordinarily be able to aggro anyway.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    chemjeff said:

I would expect it to aggro mobs that I would only ordinarily be able to aggro anyway.

If you hit something, you aggro it. If you don't hit out of level mob, you don't aggro it. You hit something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    chemjeff said:

Aura of radiance is not an aggro passive, it's a damaging passive and as such, since it deals damage to everything around you it will also make the mobs attack back. Otherwise one would go into a lower lvl area with radiance on and kill everything without ever getting hit back.

Now if your point was for a damaging passive to.. not do damage to lower than you level mobs, that would be counter productive to other paladins. For example someone might be finishing lower zones for lore or boons or exp / leveling up and that means aura of radiance would not work for them and so they will lose whatever damage it offers.