test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR experience ... why did you choose it?

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
I always likes ninjas and stealth stuff... thieves in d&d were my favorite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I had six years as a tank in two previous mmo's, and wanted a change. Rolled a CW in beta NW and ran with that for a while before trying the TR. Since then I've mained the TR - got all other classes to around 11k+ and still find the TR second only to the the HR in challenge to play.

Mechanics for the TR are very interesting...still, timing being everything. Add to that how squishy we can be on occasion, and you have a fun, challenging class to play.

On the subject of tanks, I can't find any enjoyment in playing an OP, but the GF is incredibly fun to tank with. The importance of the shield, and trying to keep aggro (I'm used to multiple taunts from other games) are enough to rank my GF as second favourite.

But, my GF is a distance in second from the TR. We've been through a lot together.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    TR was my 4th character. This was during the period between the end of Beta and before Mod 1 after I'd maxed out DC. Nothing to do and leveling characters was still interesting. Really struggled at points leveling but after doing some research on builds, fell in love with the class doing Mod 1 campaign. Playing it was always thrilling, living on the edge.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I have a problem with my tr. Because i play almost two years on GF buff/tank. I always liked to play tank/buff and support. But now GF doesn't enjoy me anymore. Despite the disadvantages, playing with TR often gives greater pleasure. Often annoys me when in my pt. GWF with worse eq, deals more damage than me or when i must "activates" all combo, other DPS they just beat the boss. But as I said when everything will work You have great feeling and pleasure from the game.
    And here is my problem, which character to choose?
    GF very simple and boring but desirable by pt. Or Tr which is rarely taken on dung, when to around many gwf with pro eq.
    I said this from perspective GF and TR 14k and i don't have too much AD for playing both char.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I've really been enjoying the TR too. It's my fifth one, and I find myself neglecting the other four in favor of it. I always look forward to taking it out for a spin. Out of the other four, I like the DC and OP the least. With the DC I get tired of staring at the ground all the time, and for some reason, the OP gives me carpal tunnel.

I think I like the TR so much because as others said, it's pretty satisfying when you get the timing down just right, but also because the transitions between powers seem so smooth. I think that's the problem I have with the OP. It feels like riding in a car with a stick shift and a driver who doesn't know how - all grinding gears and lurching.
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    I've been maining a TR since beta...and picked it up because dual wielding was, is, and always will be cool. Lately though I've been finding it frustrating to play since I do a lot of solo PvE stuff and the devs seem to have a hard on for swarming you with hard hitting, easy to aggro enemies that have AoE that the AI prioritizes over pretty much everything.

Given how squishy my TR is that's a recipe for frustration if I'm not at the top of my game and sometimes when I am.

I will admit that those times when I manage to come out on top tend to be incredibly satisfying, but there are days I wish the game was just a tiny bit friendlier to TRs.

At this point though I'm looking at redoing my skills and hauling my augment companion out of retirement (and this just a few weeks after finally getting my Cleric Disciple to Legendary).

*sighs*

Still as as much as I just bitched about it I love my TR. Sneaky, sneaky ninja stuff IS fun. And despite it never having been part of the meta I've always loved playing scoundrel. Skullcracker was always fun and the idea that I'm basically smacking somebody over the back of the head with the mystical equivalent of a blackjack mid-combat has always amused me :D
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Because as a dps player I want to try everything and sod was just recently seriously boosted.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    No more stealthy power in pvp once you attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    TR was my first toon. I didn't know any better...
  • maxx1204maxx1204 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Actually i chose guardian fighter as a classical tanky physical damage dealer (neverwinter nights 1, D&D 3ed) for an easy start. But at the very beginning of my way i realized that it realy sucked in dealing solo target damage, especialy at pvp (2013y. it was all fun, actually, cause Drider server was so young). So some shady voices whispered that Rogue is a good choice for 1-target-dps. It was all fun and games, lashing blade, dazing strike and deft strike made me actualy frag people there. Not that good at pve dungeons (lack of aoe) but i catch up for damage on bosses. And then was MOD3 - since then pain and suffering till today. Like an idiot i'm still dedicated to this class, since i love d&d's rogues, thieves and bandits.
    Post edited by maxx1204 on
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I always play as thief/rogue in any mmo I play, and even on D&D rpg I always played as rogue or Sorcerer/Wizard. i like the style of rogues and thiefs, hiding in the shadows and delivering a killing blow and then just go back into the shadows... fast and furious attacks.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Rogue is my favored archetype in D&D and has been since pre-beta days in NW and of course from beta onward.

Mostly still enjoy it because no other class feels as good to play, even though I play every class, in every conceivable style I'm always true to the Rogue because it's fun to embarrass other DPS players by making them look weak in content.

Since most players over 15k are to put it nicely, garbage at the game, relying on their gear to carry them it's always fun to beat out 18k DPS for Paingiver with a 14.5k TR.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @tgwolf said:
    > Rogue is my favored archetype in D&D and has been since pre-beta days in NW and of course from beta onward.
    >
    > Mostly still enjoy it because no other class feels as good to play, even though I play every class, in every conceivable style I'm always true to the Rogue because it's fun to embarrass other DPS players by making them look weak in content.
    >
    > Since most players over 15k are to put it nicely, garbage at the game, relying on their gear to carry them it's always fun to beat out 18k DPS for Paingiver with a 14.5k TR.

Bro... some item level stats dont add to your effectiveness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]