test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding!

rem0te1rem0te1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Anyone else experiencing 'server not responding' crashes, rubber banding, lag and general poor game server performance? Seems more common during peak times. To clarify, its not my internet connection. I have the best fibre optic broadband on the market. I live in central London. I have tested my network and multiplayer connection and they are fine.

When are they going to upgrade their server hardware? It cannot cope. Players are wasting their time and losing rewards etc because of this.

DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT.

Moderator edited title case - no SHOUTING. Thanks.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Have you done tracert and ping? Just because it's not on your end doesn't automatically make it on Cryptic's end either. It can be any point between you and Cryptic's servers that are chocked up.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rem0te1rem0te1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

Have you done tracert and ping? Just because it's not on your end doesn't automatically make it on Cryptic's end either. It can be any point between you and Cryptic's servers that are chocked up.

I connect woth my xbox1. I dont play on my PC.
    When it happened to me today (During a Dragonflight run) it happened to other players first. Doubtfull they were all in the same location as me. They were complaining about it on the alliance chat! Then in happened to me about 5m later. I have noticed this before in game. Generally speaking, its becoming much more common (as the content game/increases in size and complexity).

Since i crashed I havent been able to reconnect to the server. Other multiplayer games working fine. This seems to indicate the Neverwinter game servers are involved imo.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Have you tried a Xbox restart? Go to settings and select Restart Console. This will clear the game cache.
  • cracken#5341 cracken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    In the same way it happens to me, and I have also seen that in the hours of the night it stops working. Today he has not been able to play because he falls at any moment.

Have you tried a Xbox restart? Go to settings and select Restart Console. This will clear the game cache.

Nothing to do with xbox an restart. After a few attempts to reconnect to the server I gave up and played a different multiplayer game. Retried login a few hours later. No problems. ITS THE GAME SERVERS imo.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    rem0te1 said:

Nothing to do with xbox an restart. After a few attempts to reconnect to the server I gave up and played a different multiplayer game. Retried login a few hours later. No problems. ITS THE GAME SERVERS imo.
    Have you reset your modem/router? I played for hours on Xbox today with no lag, no crashes. It's not the servers. If it were the servers there would be a thread with multiple people complaining about the issue instead of offering steps for 2 people to resolve them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

rem0te1 said:

Have you reset your modem/router? I played for hours on Xbox today with no lag, no crashes. It's not the servers. If it were the servers there would be a thread with multiple people complaining about the issue instead of offering steps for 2 people to resolve them.
    No. I didn't reset my router. I didn't need to, i went back to the game a few hours later (no reset) and it was fine. I think it depends on where you are located and which server you are connected to. I noticed the game is particulary unstable on the stronghold map and Temple of Tiamat. Both involve high numbers of players in the same instance. Coincidence? I think not.
    I would also like to say that most days it's ok and the game is 'stable', like your day today . Its just that Ive noticed the frequency and pace of the 'instability' is increasing, which is worrying... and I thought this should be highlighted. I also hear lots of people in the community mentioning it and in party chat, so its not just me.

oh...and btw. I wasnt sHoUtInG. I was trying to emphasize certain words within the message, thats all. Should've used bold text instead perhaps.

• lestylolestylo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    rem0te1 said:

Anyone else experiencing 'server not responding' crashes, rubber banding, lag and general poor game server performance? Seems more common during peak times. To clarify, its not my internet connection. I have the best fibre optic broadband on the market. I live in central London. I have tested my network and multiplayer connection and they are fine.

When are they going to upgrade their server hardware? It cannot cope. Players are wasting their time and losing rewards etc because of this.

DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT.

Moderator edited title case - no SHOUTING. Thanks.

These exact issues are happening to me and some guild mates. It' been happening or some time now and on various platforms. They live in different parts of the world as well and have sworn up and down that they don't have these issues with other games. It seems more than one person are having these issues.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Yeah I currently can't get in at all, was fine 8 hours ago and every other game runs fine.

This is pathetic honestly.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

They have migrated from a third party hosting service to cryptic's own location in San Diego California This is what my trace routes and who's IP has shown me over the course of the last 2 years. Truely I love the idea of the developer hosting their own product, however in today's gaming world it's unusually a sign of revenue loss. They keep trimming the instances, they remove some dungeons, skirmishes and now they are reducing the amount of daily dungeons you can random que run for diamonds. This is all signs of a dwindling game population and company profits, thus the ability to provide the resources to the extent they existed over a year ago.

Are you certain? As far as I can see, they are still using servers in the Boston area.
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    I get alot of lag now. Almost unplayable :(

They should use xbox Azure Servers like Titanfall did. They are fast they are good. No need to use own Servers.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Just got a lot of lag this weekend. And a period of the server being down.

No one else in my alliance reported the lag (or maybe they were kicked off server?). Basically unplayable in this state.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • iainusiainus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    The lag since the last patch has been absolutely insane, I've lost track of the number of times I've been kited into mobs or - even worse - AOE circles during combat. And it's definitely on their end, no issues with any other game or online service and people I've run skirmishes/dungeons with saying they've had the same issues.

And as of TODAY: all kinds of issues connecting to the server today - log in, get disconnected from the server within a minute, and that's AFTER multiple attempts to get the game going in the first place. I don't know what they did on Thursday, but they've clearly done more harm than good.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closing up this thread as, based on the date, it is for an unrelated issue to the problems that are happening today. Please use this thread for more updates and discussion on the current lag issues. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.