test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

changes to companions..

animewatcha#6533 animewatcha Member Posts: 126 Arc User
edited July 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I saw somewhere that changes were made to Archmage's apprentice and Skeleton companion had their epics changed to something like +600 power is this true? Can you guys check your other epic companions to see ifthere were changes to them?
Post edited by animewatcha#6533 on

Comments

• Options
    midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Really???? It is very interesting if it is ture.....
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Scarecrow has also changed. The dual stats come out as 600 and 600. There has been no acknowledgment of this from Cryptic so it isn't known if it was intended.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yea I mean there are 3 from Masquerade of Liars:

▪ Scarecrow gives +400 Armor Pen & +400 Recovery at Rare or +660 of both at Epic.
    ▪ Skeleton gives +200 Life Steal & +200 Power at Uncommon, or +400 of both at Rare, or +660 at Epic.
    ▪ Splinters (Who's New Broomstick Companion) also gives +500% Deflect & 1% Crit Severity at just Uncommon. :)

Only the Archmage Apprentice is the only one that's not from that event; as it sometimes drops from Epic Dungeons. Still 90-95% of the time it mostly awards at Uncommon, perhaps 4-9% of the time you're lucky to get Rare, but only a very blessed select few are able to earn the Epic one. :)

I see they've also added a Enchanted Broom to the Masquerade of Liar's (Purple Mount) with +2000 Power too and it seems the Masquerade has a new notation "By the decree of Lord Neverember, the festival of Liars Night will be extended into a grand Masquarade of Liars, a festival of frivolity and misrule..."

So given how we're seeing some Knox companions being Auctioned with +1000 Power & +1000 Armor Pen when I first posted a forum thread on these companions a week or two ago to BUG REPORTS; I am now more left wondering if this is an intentional change and more permanent fixture... ...is it possible a select few events might add a few Uncommon or Rare companions with improved active bonuses or are a few companions having their active bonus improved upon?

-- who knows -- :o

So for now all we can do is guess and HOPE that if we upgrade them it won't later be UNDONE. Yet still no official word from Cryptic - so either their being Cryptic - or they may be having a little fun with us 'in the nicest of ways' of course.

@nitocris83
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

The masquerade companions received an update for the upcoming event. The archmage happened to share its ACB with the skeleton which is why that one has changed as well.

It's cool that they are being updated, but does this mean that *all* companions will be receiving a review of this sort? My main has a rather full stable, so it'd be fun to see just what I can put together....