test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Profession XP

nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
I would very much like to see something in the Zen store that gives you double profession xp over a given amount of experience, like the Experience Booster and the Epic Experience Booster. Personally, I'd like it if it gave double profession experience all the way to level 25, and it can exclude Alchemy if you like.

I'm working on leveling professions on eight of my own characters and five of my wife's and I am seriously tired of how long it takes to get these done. On her characters, I've only gotten Leadership, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, and Weaponsmithing to level 25. On my own characters, I've got all the same done and I've got Artificing done on 5/8 characters, and I've got Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Tailoring in progress on various characters. I'm running 9x "Gathering resources" tasks for each of those four professions on one character per profession. On my rogue, I've got 3x "Gathering resources" tasks running for Platesmithing, Tailoring, and Mailsmithing.

If this existed in the store, I would have purchased a bunch of them already. Maybe I wouldn't have used them on every profession, but I would have used them on at least half the professions on each character. It makes me sick to think that I've still got four professions to level on all five of my wife's characters and that I'm not even done doing it on my own characters yet.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Getting (or renting) colour workers and tools are "kind of" shorten the time. I know it is not quite, hence, :"kind of".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Getting (or renting) colour workers and tools are "kind of" shorten the time. I know it is not quite, hence, :"kind of".

True. I have purchased 13 Grandmaster Platesmiths, Mailsmiths, Artificers, and Tailors for leveling these professions. I went a bit cheap on them this time, as when I was leveling Weaponsmithing, Leatherworking, and Jewelcrafting I had 36 Grandmasters for each profession which gave me enough to level each profession on two characters at the same time using all nine task slots and assigning two Grandmasters to each task. I spent a ton of AD on getting them. Of course, I was able to sell the excess when I was done.

I'm leveling the professions so that the characters can generate crates of various supplies for the guild (surplus equipment, gems, gold, etc). I keep one GM crafter for each task on each character, except Alchemy where each character has three GM Alchemists (which lets me run 3x Orange & Purple Vitriol extraction whenever those characters are not making crates of supplies for the guild). When they're not leveling professions, the characters are otherwise running 3x Wizard's Seneschal and 3x Clerics of Ilmater tasks from Leadership, which is why they each have only three GM Alchemists.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Not offering a faster route to 25 does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity. Could be a nice source of revenue for them.

Not offering a faster route to 25 does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity. Could be a nice source of revenue for them.

Yep. Completely agree. It doesn't change the balance of power between the classes or between the characters and the monsters. And it takes a very long time to level all the professions to 25. Most of my characters are now down to just two more professions to level, but that's still going to take me most of August to get all that done on all my characters. I was hoping to be able to give all the crafters over to my wife's characters for the August 2x Professions XP event, but I don't think I'll be able to do that. I don't know. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will go faster than I think.
    I should add that I work a job where I am able to "babysit" my professions. This means I can restart the profession tasks immediately after they end. This lets me comfortably run tasks that take four hours 5/day and tasks that take longer (4h 40m or 5h 20m for higher leveling experience-granting tasks) 4/day. I've been working on leveling these four professions on my characters for a month straight now. I took a short break from leveling professions during the early part of June (about two weeks). Before that, I was leveling Alchemy on the 6 characters that needed it.

I cannot imagine how long it would take people to level these professions when they work jobs that do not give them more or less permanent access to a computer. I bet leveling professions looks like a truly Sisyphean task to them. I mean, it looks like a Herculean one to me and I'm about as diligent as you can possibly be.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I can see some ppl buying out professions to rank 25, especially if they have a bound to character gond on one of their alts. Leadership and alchemy are a pain tbh and speeding them up would be worth spending zen on.