test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ras Manca's spare hat equip power

maci4lifemaci4life Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
it's power is to poison enemies upon daily power use.

Does this poison everyone affected by daily? if so, then what happens when DC's use Hallowed ground? it's a large AOE but doesn't cause damage. It would be a good equip power if it poisons everyone within the circle.

Comments

• shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I, too, would like to know more about the specifics involved in this item's power.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Im testing it and seem a bit bugged but still very helpfull. When you cast HG if the mobs are far away from you, but inside of HG area the hat does nothing, but if you get close to the mob the hat start proccing the venom even if the mobs are outside of the HG area. The best thing is that it become a very effective way to proc bear your sins on everything and the DO cleric that usually use HG is usually moving more than the AC, so dont harm on spreading ByS to everything (if you are brave enough you can help aggroing and pulling mobs to the tank).
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Has anyone testing how much damage this hat contributes overall? (i.e. from ACT logs)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I've re-poked folks for info :)
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Pure speculation:
    The hat is triggered upon daily, and it does a radiant AoE (centered on you with a range independent of the daily you used) for the duration of the daily. It might not be intended for it to keep re-proccing on long dailies (like DC's HG)... this is a similar to how the cowl of the dead multi-procs.

Would also be very interested to see damage contribution in a dungeon setting
    [0:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Poisonous Garbs deals 1828 Poison Damage to Target Dummy.
    [0:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Ice Knife deals 64198 (54894) Cold Damage to Target Dummy.
    [0:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Poisonous Garbs deals 1828 Poison Damage to Target Dummy.
    [0:08] [Combat (Self)] Your Poisonous Garbs deals 1828 Poison Damage to Target Dummy.
    [0:08] [Combat (Self)] Your Poisonous Garbs deals 1828 Poison Damage to Target Dummy.

Seems to always hit 17 times on dummies. Or more precisely, you radiate for 17 seconds, hitting 1 time per second, including targets that were not hit by your daily.

The hits range ~1600-2000 damage, and don't appear to benefit from buffs/debuffs. Interestingly, they can proc things such as ring of cursebringer.

In a ~15min pug CN where I did >80% of the damage, Poisonous Garbs accounted for ~0.5% of my damage output. So it's not great...

• smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    That sounds like a really good item for non dps specs though.
    edited July 2018
    smulch said:

That sounds like a really good item for non dps specs though.

Could you clarify what you mean?

I can get on preview later this week and confirm if it procs ByS for DO DCs... but even if it does it kind of feels like there are other good ways to do that. I guess the idea that it can trigger some procs might help with obscure interactions.

I was disappointed that it doesn't scale (usually means it's only potentially dps-viable in pvp, not pve... although there are other hat options in pvp).

To me the best part about this hat appears to be the visual.

Edit: I'll comb back through my log to check if it procs AoC. If it does, then it might be buggy-dps-viable hah.

Edit2: Doesn't proc AoC. They added a cooldown on preview, so it ticks less frequently. Now it'll be complete and utter junk for dps.
    Post edited by dupeks on