Orcus set does not buff:
- Accursed Souls (second hit)
- Blades of Vanquished Armies
- Brood of Hadar (initial hit)
- Critical Promise
- Cursed Bite
- Daughter’s Promises
- Dreadtheft
- Fiery Bolt (AoE hit to non-targeted enemies)
- Harrowstorm (but it works with Harrowstorm Surge)
- Immolation Spirits
- Infernal Spheres
- Lesser Curse
- Parting Blasphemy
- Pillar of Power
- Spiritfire
- Wraith’s Shadow

Note: Killing Curse behaves like the power that triggered it.

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @michela123 said:
    > Orcus set does not buff:
    > - Accursed Souls (second hit)
    > - Blades of Vanquished Armies
    > - Brood of Hadar (initial hit)
    > - Critical Promise
    > - Cursed Bite
    > - Daughter’s Promises
    > - Dreadtheft
    > - Fiery Bolt (AoE hit to non-targeted enemies)
    > - Harrowstorm (but it works with Harrowstorm Surge)
    > - Immolation Spirits
    > - Infernal Spheres
    > - Lesser Curse
    > - Parting Blasphemy
    > - Pillar of Power
    > - Spiritfire
    > - Wraith’s Shadow
    >
    > Note: Killing Curse behaves like the power that triggered it.

@michela123 thanks for the info!

@balanced#2849 that's no bueno.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Is the temp hp from vampiric embrace or the self damage from warlock's bargain buffed?
  • That is very good to know. Thank you!

For us on console, that don't have a real defenitive way to test, what is the best set to use? I ask this in two parts?

1. For a traditional DPS. Looking over the feats and powers above I assume Orcus set remains BIS.
    2. For Templock, errr, maybe not. Is a broken set driving Con the best option?
    @stinkypiratepete#1341

1. Yes, Orcus set remains BiS.
    2. With the exception of your main artifact and maybe your boots, you literary have no reason to run different gear and stuff on your templock loadout.
  • bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Intersting. That list contains EVERY encounter plus the daily I use while soloing. Seems i should spec a solo loadout with a different artifact set.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 seems go to sleep im afraid sw no loger more be DPS and nobody care. Im disagree with sw only can take for support class but that was since balanced damnation with a hammer every chance i see can recovery some DPS since mod 9 was a bug and was nerfed over and over devs maybe never was intended sw be a DPS class. How i see the only viable build for dps not have a mechanic enought speed for competive agnist others DPS is like devs never think sw like a class dps maybe they see like a OP/DC other support class and now only can fill most cases support spots
  • rjaan#9900 rjaan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    @michela123 since your original post it has been changed, if it even was an issue as I hadnt noticed one. I main a SW with the orcus set and it procs Baphomet's Might all the time regardless of the skill used, as the set bonus increases your damage up to 20% determined by the difference in HP between you and your target, which if you happen to be a tiefling, increases even moreso as their HP drops.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @rjaan#9900 said:
    > @michela123 since your original post it has been changed, if it even was an issue as I hadnt noticed one. I main a SW with the orcus set and it procs Baphomet's Might all the time regardless of the skill used, as the set bonus increases your damage up to 20% determined by the difference in HP between you and your target, which if you happen to be a tiefling, increases even moreso as their HP drops.

Think Baphomet's Might is the maze engine boon that give u 2k crit when it procs...
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Aura of Courage ?
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @masteroga I checked Aura of Courage with a couple of powers and it was buffed, I might make a more detailed test in future.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

@michela123 since your original post it has been changed, if it even was an issue as I hadnt noticed one. I main a SW with the orcus set and it procs Baphomet's Might all the time regardless of the skill used, as the set bonus increases your damage up to 20% determined by the difference in HP between you and your target, which if you happen to be a tiefling, increases even moreso as their HP drops.

That's a completely different thing you are talking about. Michela tested the damage buff from the orcus set. Testing that is not just a matter of looking at a log message. You have to keep absolutely everything constant, making sure that HP difference is the only thing that can make your damage value differ.
    Baphomet's might is the maze engine boon just as eclipseblood said.

Orcus set does not buff:
    - Accursed Souls (second hit)
    - Blades of Vanquished Armies
    - Brood of Hadar (initial hit)
    - Critical Promise
    - Cursed Bite
    - Daughter’s Promises
    - Dreadtheft
    - Fiery Bolt (AoE hit to non-targeted enemies)
    - Harrowstorm (but it works with Harrowstorm Surge)
    - Immolation Spirits
    - Infernal Spheres
    - Lesser Curse
    - Parting Blasphemy
    - Pillar of Power
    - Spiritfire
    - Wraith’s Shadow

Note: Killing Curse behaves like the power that triggered it.

So it seems like the list diminishes with today's patch but it still exists. Immolation spirits, LC, DP and PB are still there right?
    I was wondering about puppet damage now. Did you test that one too? Does anything buff its damage? Might be a similar reason to why IS doesn't get any buff.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @naoqueroforum Yes, that's the new list. I'm trying to make them fix at least Immolation Spirits. The puppet gets the buff, but generally speaking entities, dots and additional procs are the ones potentially bugged with Orcus.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    The weapon damage in SW are some strange some times the diference betwen Critical Promise and Spirit Fire is 1k points and sometimes parting blasphemy doublé Critical Promise damage. Theroically Spirit fire should be dealt more damage mouch more damage than others weapon damage but happen opposite
    @michela123

Thanks for testing :)

Aura of Courage buffed by Orcus set?
    As sw AoC is weaker than that of other strikers, wouldn't this widen the damage gap between them and the poor warlock?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I thought the gap is caused by selfbuffs (not sure if debuffs do play a role).
    GWF can self-debuff for about 70% and selfbuff his damageoutput > x6.
    So AoC (i heared it now depends on the HP from Paladin) is buffed by those selfbuffs I assume, same as it is buffed by powerbuffs fromTR ?
    @schietindebux self-buffs are part of the problem indeed, our procs are a sad joke compared to theirs and on top of that I'd guess we proc AoC less anyway (I know HG and other encounters proc it a number of times). Debuffs on target do increase AoC damage although I don't know how we compare with other classes in that regard, they probably destroy us lol.

A fury build with Po9H has:
    Pillar (10%?), Infernal Wrath (5%)/Helltouched (10%)

Full fury:

Pillar (10%?), Infernal Wrath (5%) and Helltouched (10%) lol.
  • mehrunesdagon#1073 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @jaime4312#3760 Any word on the next round of buffs for the SW? I read somewhere on the discord where balanced mention a few things planned for post m14. Imo opinion the Fury tree should get the same treatment as the destroyer path for GWF, but one can only dream. I know that SW benefitting from AoC would make a difference in our dps, but what are somethings you guys would propose?
    edited July 2018

@schietindebux self-buffs are part of the problem indeed, our procs are a sad joke compared to theirs and on top of that I'd guess we proc AoC less anyway (I know HG and other encounters proc it a number of times). Debuffs on target do increase AoC damage although I don't know how we compare with other classes in that regard, they probably destroy us lol.

A fury build with Po9H has:

Pillar (10%?), Infernal Wrath (5%)/Helltouched (10%)

Full fury:

Pillar (10%?), Infernal Wrath (5%) and Helltouched (10%) lol.

HB self buffs you have WC, pop and that's all I can recall. self debuffs you have helltouched and FoE. then you have somethings which are debuffs for everyone, like infernal wrath and PoP.

One thing I would change for HB would be FoE being a buff instead of a debuff.

Two things I would change for SB would be making the rest point of soul sparks the maximum value and allowing SS to be cast while DT is active. Maybe also increase max sparks.

We would still suck at AoE but would bump single target a bit more.