test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the love of God please don't make boss mechanics in mod 15 similar to Castle Ravenloft.

Dungeon is too aggrevating full of stuns, unskippable cutscenes , reflect damage stuff to just keep your brain afk that's the first boss 2nd boss is kinda fine, 3rd boss even when you get him down to 0% with the broken sunsword he still does his mechanics for 5 minutes which basically doesn't even have any point in killing the boss since it decides when to die. So please we're tired of those mechanics most people will most likely stop running it once they get their seals. Although it's nicely designed the annoying bosses ruin it.

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yea I think that's a very fair statement. People really didn't appreciate the stuns, or stunned admiration walk ♥ in chult despite that being funny, though I think many really disliked the turn and run mechanic.

I mean had they actually allowed your control to at least slow Mini Bosses / Boss a bit more; or at the very least control resist reducing the timers they have an effect on you it wouldn't be so bad. Sadly however we only have but a few Artifact's that even offer Control &/or Control Resist; and certainly no Enchantments or Runestone's. Except the few Companions or Set Bonuses which I'd like to think is a raw % gain (not a % based on your Control or Control Resistence value) because today even if your an Elf / Drow with 10% resist, a Valindra's Set, and a Will-O-Wisp Companion a 50% control resistance modifier - doesn't even reduce Demogorgon by .25-.35s when he puts everyone in a Daze for 7 seconds. There's virtually no benefit or reduced time your held.

Also the reason why we likely don't see more Elves... Or Moon Elves...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Dungeon is too aggrevating full of stuns, unskippable cutscenes , reflect damage stuff to just keep your brain afk that's the first boss 2nd boss is kinda fine, 3rd boss even when you get him down to 0% with the broken sunsword he still does his mechanics for 5 minutes which basically doesn't even have any point in killing the boss since it decides when to die. So please we're tired of those mechanics most people will most likely stop running it once they get their seals. Although it's nicely designed the annoying bosses ruin it.

i unlocked the dungeon a while ago (purcahsed some packs) but i have not played it because of the annoying bosses and unskippalble custs made it a bad experiene so i never ran it on live and never will if only people start to have same mentality of skipping content to show devs how bad it is but people are like sheep following without thinking if we don't speak up about this they will keep doing it.
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Something else I would like to add, in my groups im usually the one to take the tome when facing the sisters, this leads to very boring game play as I am forced to sit in a corner and not participate in the boss fight. After some time using it, I get the idea is to drag them away, use the stun on your daily ability and then to drop the tome to continue fighting, however the stun duration is not long enough to really warrant to dropping it. On top of this, if I were to drop it, I could not be the next person to pick it up without an excessive cool down. Which means someone else would pick it up, and likely result in an overall loss of Dps, this just pretty much leaves you to always holding the book.

This could have been a fun mechanic, however its just not executed correct, leading to boring game play.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    My biggest gripe with the new dungeon is the final boss mechanics. You get maybe 7-8 seconds of attack time per cycle. That's not enough time to go thru most classes rotations, let alone getting buffs/debuffs full optimized. I'm fine with the "room" mechanic, its something new and interesting, but during that phase there's a ridiculous amount of AoE attacks happening, and almost all of them seem to one shot unless you've gotten well-timed shepherd's devotion, AA or Shield of Faith. Even then often times its not enough.

Making sure to have 5x Sunsword buffs helps, but at this point it can be a massive scroll burn, which makes it expensive with either trade bars or AD. Granted I haven't run it a ton yet, 5 or 6 times since unlocked after reset this week, but if this is how its going to be I don't plan to run it much after I get the seals gear I want for my played toons.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I unlocked it last night but honestly it seems like being spit on by a giant baby isn't that bad.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    @schietindebux although I do see TRs getting in now since they got buffed a lot, you are right DoT classes get screwed big time.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    on tong aswell, rasni hp is zero and still we need to wait for the animation to make him fall of platform
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I'm enjoying the new dungeon so far (10 runs), its challenging and requires some teamwork. The main issue for me personally is that the first bosses 10 stack attack is bugged vs GF (though I found a workaround for it, its fiddly and not fun to resort to.)

One of my smoothest run so far was OP/DC/GF/2X GWF going down 0 times. It's definitely more down to the players than the class if you don't want to use any scrolls. I've taken every class through it now and I have to say every one is fine though taking a SW was probably the worst one.

I've been doing it with guildies with mix and match groups. I'm pretty sure you don't need a DC either and use a devo instead as there is nothing DC specific that is needed. I try to avoid pugs though, as I'm still learning and trying to consistently go through the dungeon without using any scrolls (like with codg) but so far I've only done 3 runs without using scrolls (out of 10) so I'm still in the process of figuring it all out which is a lot of fun!
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    In my eyes the main issue is not about the fact that classes with a fast burst damage and classes with dots do behave in different ways, fitting or not at some bosses/dungeons, it´s more about the fact that cryptic implement boss mechanics, wich can be bypassed or solved by one fix setup of classes.
    You got that OP, GF and DC. All of them do have one thing in common, they got high mitigation tools on top of solid buffs, it´s those 3 classes and one dps by choice/taste in near 95%.
    OP-DC-DC-GF or OP-OP-DC-GF the moment you face onehitting mobs or bossfights with 3 overlapping, deadly aoe-zones within 1m^2.

Talking in chat about this issue I get answeres from proud online gamer telling me they do better and can solve dungeons in any combination of groups and avoid aoe ...
    So far so good, first post was a GF-OP-DC-templock-1dps and second was a OP-DC-DC-GF-GWF run, nothing else to say.
    GF claims to do good not dying by aoe or using scrolls (80% DR cap with 80% mititgation on top from incoming hits...) ..... a GF with shield up 24/7 not using KV, his teammates dying to the left and right standing in the "red sauce", awesome.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • chadd02chadd02 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Coming in Mod 15 - Training dummies that stand there so groups can mash buttons with no mechanics or tactics!
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Is the Strahd fight bugged when you get all the red balls blowing up at the same time or was that intended? During that time there are only a few narrow spots with only one ball blowing up on you, most of the space in the whole room has multiple overlapping ball explosions.

Someone else mentioned the batswarm attack and I was curious about that as well because sometimes it would wipe our entire party in the blink of an eye.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    chadd02 said:

Coming in Mod 15 - Training dummies that stand there so groups can mash buttons with no mechanics or tactics!

You mean a return to every end boss prior to Drufi? Sweet!
    @chadd02 there's other ways to implement those mechanics what throws me off is the 1st boss and the 3rd boss. The main issue I have with the 1st boss is that you can't even avoid the stun you get stunned and you're stunned for the rest 6-8 seconds I don't really care about anything else there. 3rd boss decides when to die I didn't say or mean to say to make them target dummies but making them annoying more than challenging when you just have to wait for the boss to get off immunity while just standing around maybe they should just add some elevator music aswell.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'm liking the dungeon and its boss fight mechanics. Honestly, I thought it not being a tired tank-and-spank was the best part besides the castle looking absolutely gorgeous. There are so many dungeons already where the only tactic needed is just hitting things hard.

First boss:
    - Stop attacking when she "dares" you to.
    - If you stop and still die because you got chains, it was likely thanks to another party member not realizing they too should stop.
    - If you got the book, keep left mouse button down and kite around.

Second boss:
    - Hit things. Preferably hard.

Last boss:
    - Pass that sword around to get 5 stacks for everyone.
    - Avoid the center of the room unless it's to pick up the sword.
    - Stand close together in case it rains bats.
    - If you find yourself alone in a room, kite and stay away from the door because that's where the Executioner shows up from.
    - A designated party member needs to pick up sword each time someone returns from the "nightmare world."
    - If you have the sword, stand behind Stradh soyou don't get hit and you don't lose Sunsword charge.
    - When the whole group gets lifted in the air, the person with the sword MUST press 1 immediately after the Sunsword says his line.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    The dungeon itself isn't dreadfully difficult but I agree with duck in reference to both the reflect damage as well as the final 'Strahd Stroll' as I like to call it.

Sisters.
    On my TR I've started to not proc SoD unless chains was just used, then I'll go through 3 SoD cycles then not proc it again until after chains. Its not ideal but its a workaround, not all dot classes have that option. Not to mention that when I do that I lose about 50% of my damage potential. I think only direct damage attacks should reflect.

As far as using the book goes, you can be a little more active than you think when you get really good with it. Lure in the sisters, stun them with the daily then run back to your group and remove the whispers of vitae debuff then scoot back on over and re-stun the other 2 then repeat. This helps mitigate your party members being turned into dopplegangers. It can be tricky but its doable.

What I dislike most in the 1st fight is the ADHD teleporting Sister of Rage. She really needs to have an internal cooldown on that teleport. The most frustrating part is that sometimes She will teleport constantly with no cooldown and other times just stand there and hardly teleport at all. I don't know if there is a mechanic at play here or not and if there is I have yet to discover it.

Arcolith.
    no probs.

Strahd.
    Gets pretty boring, there is as much standing around as there is actual fighting. Can feel really one-shotty at times, especially when some of those attacks crit on you. Then we have the Strahd Stroll, even after being fully defeated he still continues to attack your group dealing damage and potentially killing someone. Can I have that ability?

Timings on room powers seem not to care how quickly your defeating Strahd. I've seen people get spit out in the middle of the room after kidnap phase and instantly get killed by an aoe before they hit the ground.

Anyways. Glad we can beta test this dungeon for the console players. #feelsgoodman
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• yirarax#1742 yirarax Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    meirami said:

I'm liking the dungeon and its boss fight mechanics. Honestly, I thought it not being a tired tank-and-spank was the best part besides the castle looking absolutely gorgeous. There are so many dungeons already where the only tactic needed is just hitting things hard.

First boss:

- Stop attacking when she "dares" you to.

- If you stop and still die because you got chains, it was likely thanks to another party member not realizing they too should stop.

- If you got the book, keep left mouse button down and kite around.

Second boss:

- Hit things. Preferably hard.

Last boss:

- Pass that sword around to get 5 stacks for everyone.

- Avoid the center of the room unless it's to pick up the sword.

- Stand close together in case it rains bats.

- If you find yourself alone in a room, kite and stay away from the door because that's where the Executioner shows up from.

- A designated party member needs to pick up sword each time someone returns from the "nightmare world."

- If you have the sword, stand behind Stradh soyou don't get hit and you don't lose Sunsword charge.

- When the whole group gets lifted in the air, the person with the sword MUST press 1 immediately after the Sunsword says his line.

Can only speak for the first boss, but nope.

Pets still do damage. Dot still does damage. Sometimes more than you can heal. This makes Warlocks useless, as their damage is mainly dot and their heal requires damage. As a Rogue? Shadow of Demise is up aaaand you're dead.

Use rightlick with the Book to shortly stun one, since they sometimes run off. Use your daily to stun both. Less read areas, so it's sigificantly easier to avoid them. Also makes it more fun than just running cirlces with leftklick locked. Tough their meele smoke attack removes AP, so timing is important.
    @dolrey It is more challenging but some of those mechanics just make it annoying while challenging especially in first boss where you are just caught in a loop of stuns and reflects. Im probably wrong about last boss not skipping phases maybe giving a chance to lower end groups to finish it.
    @dolrey In first boss there is not only reflect but an untelegraphed stun. which is rng most of the time but It happened to me 3 times in a row. Buffed myself up got stunned, waited for reflect then buffed myself up again got stunned then reflect then buffed myself up again got stunned.
    @dolrey Could be doing something wrong but seems like it's RNG and only stuns 1 person at a time. I've ran it like 45 times for the first 5-10 runs it was fun but then it got more and more aggrevating.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The last boss seems to bug sometimes at the start of the fight, melting the hole party in few seconds, not even sure what´s causing it - bats, exploding balls, doesn´t matter it´s not to avoid more or less.
    But talking about intersting mechanics I can´t agree, sry.
    There is a room filled with overlapping aoe, wiping a Party made without that GF (running KV) on top of that OP/DC pretty easy. The moment you die, the sun-buff vanishes and you might end up spamming scrolls, no way out, if your party is not made of tanks and DC´s or you run your toon dressed in leather near DR cap.
    The average run can get pretty expensive if you skip that "safety-meta" OP-DC-GF. Please no comments like "I did it with xyz and we had no probs at 3. boss" or " just avoid that aoe L2P", that´s BS.
    Next time cryptic, if you want to avoid a dungeon to be farmed by 3-4 classes+x, maybe give those attacks piercing abilty, by that no mitigation will be from any interst and it´s all about your footwork and some heals ...
    In my eyes this enddungeon missed some aspects and classes in the game, same as it supports a meta we know for soo long now in a different way though. The rebirth of Tact-GF.
    @schietindebux From my experience from last boss if you die once. Then prepare to die even more because you lose the protection buff from sunsword which gives 80% damage resist per stack. So once you go in downed state that buff is gone which means if you died with that prepare for something worse.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    pitshade said:

...it seems like being spit on by a giant baby isn't that bad.

va8Ru.gif