test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180611a.12

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Ravenloft
  • Castle Ravenloft: The portcullis after the bridge now opens more consistently.
  • Collector's Blinsky: Players should no longer be able to pick up multiple doll heads, and if they still do, the extra items can now be discarded.
  • Dream Pastries: One of the toadstools is no longer blocked by invisible collision.
  • Players may now properly transfer between instances of the Barovia exterior zone.
  • Martikov Merchants: The final enemy spawn now properly occurs at a reasonable time.
Queues
  • Tiamat: Defeating Tiamat's final head no longer requires players to wait for it to animate its retreat before giving victory credit.
  • Tiamat: The timer once again functions.
General
  • Doing Your Part Expertly: Some typos in this quest's text have been addressed.

Combat and Powers
Enemies and Encounters
  • Spellplague Caverns (Master): The mechanic, "Searing Chains," now functions properly in the Kabal fight. It is once again consistently possible to melt the chains when performing the mechanic as designed.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods: Ras Nsi's powers now properly show their warning effects facing the correct direction.
    • This fix may address similar issues with other enemies.

Items and Economy
General
  • Demon Lords' Immortality: This set bonus' effect now properly buffs all powers used by the equipped player. (Note: this does not include companion powers.)
  • Pilgrim Artifact Weapons: These weapons now show their updated source on their Collections page.
  • Ravenloft Starter Pack: This pack no longer incorrectly mentions Stronghold items that it doesn't give.
  • Refer-a-Friend rewards once again appear at the Reward Claims Agent.
  • Soul Sight Crystal: This artifact power's effect now properly buffs all powers used by the casting player. (Note: this does not include companion powers.)

User Interface
Bank
  • Characters who hadn't logged in for a long time now properly have a Shared Bank.

Art, Animation, and Effects
VFX
  • Thunderhead Enchantment: This enhancement's visual effects now properly grow with the rank of the enhancement, rather than showing at full power even at the lowest rank.
  • Various player powers now properly play at the targeted locations, rather than (usually) on the player or facing an unexpected direction.

Performance and Stability
General
  • One map-wide disconnect has been addressed.
  • One potential source of out-of-memory crashes has been improved or addressed.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Some great fixes there..I really appreciate the CR gate and Kabal chain fixes, but I have a few questions:
    terramak said:

• Martikov Merchants: The final enemy spawn now properly occurs at a reasonable time.
    There were two HEs with this issue...the one south of the bridge, and the one north of the village. Did they both get fixed?

The fixes to Tiamat are nice, but what about a fix to a really annoying issue there - with the changes to the queues, we are seeing more inexperienced people run Tiamat, and sometimes it bugs when someone crosses the line too early. Experienced players know not to do that, but.....

Finally, we really would like to know if the Apocalypse set is WAI or bugged - is it meant to be a "worse than useless" gag set (as it debuffs you, instead of the enemy), or is it just a plain bug. If it's a bug, I'm in no hurry to get it fixed - but it would be nice to know.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The fixes to Tiamat are nice, but what about a fix to a really annoying issue there - with the changes to the queues, we are seeing more inexperienced people run Tiamat, and sometimes it bugs when someone crosses the line too early. Experienced players know not to do that, but.....

I thought the bug crossing too early was fixed in a previous patch fix?? could swear I saw something regarding that
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    terramak said:

Release Notes

Collector's Blinsky: Players should no longer be able to pick up multiple doll heads, and if they still do, the extra items can now be discarded.
    Can this quest also get fixed to properly complete when in a party? I was able to pick up the doll heads while in a party but it didn't give me credit for those until I left the party and went back and looted the same spots again.
This discussion has been closed.