test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the Devs: Thank you for the fixes made to PvP this Mod

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
For the Devs, you probably don't hear this much, but thank you for the changes you've made to PvP this Mod:
  • Not making Curse Rings work in PvP
  • Changing SoD to be based on post-mitigation damage, despite the hiccup with double-dipping debuffs in PvE, which seems to have been resolved now
  • Removing multi-proccing from Mane of the Manticore
  • Toning down temp HP
Overall, I'm seeing slightly more people enter PvP who I hadn't seen before, and a more varied leaderboard with regards to the different classes.

While there may be needed a bit more calibration with regards to IL differences (such as very new players from 3-8k IL matched with 12-14k IL players), I am happy that PvP is getting the attention and fixes it deserves.

Still looking forward to the day that there will be a PvP Event e.g. Neverwinter Combat League. And some things which still multi-proc such as Cowl of the Dead with some classes i.e. DC and SW will need looking into. But overall, thanks for the fixes made so far! :)
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'd enter PvP again if they brought back Neverwinter Combat League.
    I aim to misbehave
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Hmm. Not sure if I agree with the "slightly more varied leaderboard" comment. There are exactly 3 HRs in the top 100 players...
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    How many warlocks are there ?
    Too lazy to count :)
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018

How many warlocks are there ?
    Too lazy to count :)

From Mod 12b, I recorded the class compositions here: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1238339/pvp-brokenness-thoughts-to-fix-it

Mod12b (19 Feb 2018 to be exact), the Top 100 by class were:
    1. GF - 21%
    2. TR - 21%
    3. OP - 15%
    4. GWF - 10%
    5. CW - 10%
    6. SW - 10%
    7. DC - 9%
    8. HR - 4%
    Mod 14, taken today, the top 100 by class are:
    1. TR - 27%
    2. OP - 17%
    3. GF - 16%
    4. CW - 11%
    5. DC - 10%
    6. GWF - 8%
    7. SW - 8%
    8. HR - 3%
    Hmm, so statistically, in the Top 100, the leaderboard composition by class has improved for the TR, slightly better for the OP, DC and CW, worse for the GF, and slightly worse for the GWF, SW and HR.

Class type still has a negative predictive factor for success in PvP for the Top 100, especially for the HR. :(

I did not take Mod 13 results though ... should have done that.

Looking at the the first page (Top 20 players):

Mod 12b (19 Feb 2018) - Top 20 players by class:
    1. GF - 7 (35%)
    2. TR - 4 (20%)
    3. OP - 0
    4. GWF - 2 (10%)
    5. CW - 5 (25%)
    6. SW - 0
    7. DC - 1 (5%)
    8. HR - 1 (5%)
    Mod 14 (12 July 2018) - Top 20 by class:
    1. GF - 5 (25%)
    2. TR - 3 (15%)
    3. OP - 4 (20%)
    4. GWF - 2 (10%)
    5. CW - 2 (10%)
    6. SW - 2 (10%)
    7. DC - 1 (5%)
    8. HR - 1 (5%)
    So I guess at the first page it is a bit more varied, where the GFs and TRs are not dominating as much compared to Mod 12b, and now there is a representative from each class.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    The fixes they made were good (and necessary) but:
    1) Heavily armored classes still move faster than lightly armored classes.
    2) GFs still have their One Rotation Faceroll Wonder Kill. It doesn't make any difference that it no longer begins with a prone.
    3) TR can still be successfully played by blowing one's nose on the keyboard.
    4) HR still has buggy/ineffectual stealth buffs, control abilities that don't control at all, tanking abilities that don't tank, a non-working dodge, insanely long animations, slow movement and movement buffs that are too short, as well as numerous class encounter powers and aspects that have not been usable for years.