test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft Quest, can't pick up the sunsword

uselessarcheruselessarcher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
I have a GF, when i go in it wants me to pick up the sword. i walk all over it and nothing, even tried just standing on it. tried going on with out it and it will not let me. left the instance, re booted, and dumped the quest and re-took it. do not know what else to try.

Comments

• lokhgardlokhgard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi,
    Yesterday I've noticed a bug in new quest given after I've completed "Sunsword" task in Ravenloft campaign.

1. Prologe
    I was in a party with another player, we both had this quest active. The another player talked to the Szoldar to begin. After we killed the Werewolf in a cave thanother player had the option to search for loot and get [Sunsword Hilt] - I didn't have this option, and didn't get [Sunsword Hilt]. After that we finnished quest and got back to town.

2. Weekly:
    This time I finished this quest by myself but again: there was no option to search for [Sunsword Hilt] after werewolf was dead.

What can I do now? This item is quite important, right?
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    My partner and I ran the same quest and I've experienced the same outcome - she was able to loot the gold, I saw it sparkle so waited my turn … didn't happen. I expected to receive whatever the loot was when I turned the quest back in but that seemed to not happen either. The task completed so I expect to be able to run the next quest but not sure what will happen at the end ...

Thanks
    BlackMagi
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I was able to fix it on my CW this week. Last week, my friend who didn't have the quest, grabbed the sword. This week, she unlocked the quest and we went together again. I got the sword from her quest. Someone else had said that grabbing the sword then everyone leaving the instance will reset all progress, allowing the next person to get the sword.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Opened this up last night, and when I went into the instance, I get the opening lines about needing to 'take a few practice swings', but when I go to pick up the Sunsword, I can't interact with it. Tried leaving the instance, and re-entering, to no avail.

Any suggestions? Known issue? Unknown issue? Just me? :-p
  • lokhgardlokhgard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Someone else had said that grabbing the sword then everyone leaving the instance will reset all progress, allowing the next person to get the sword.

I could try it if I find anyone who didn't finish this quest yet. But it's strange bug anyway :/
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I've done the quest twice. once in party and my partner picked up the hilt and once alone with no sparklies over the treasure pile and unable to pick up the hilt. What am i missing to get the Sun Sword hilt??
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Find a friend who is doing the Story (not weekly) version. Join up with them and run the quest until you defeat Kiril and free the prisoners. One person grabs the sword. Then both people leave the instance (probably need VIP or teleport scrolls). Then restart the instance from the beginning. Second person will search the pile and get the sword. Continue normally from this point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tinlungtinlung Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Cannot continue Ravenloft campaign due to the fact my sunsword is not in my inventory on my Scrouge Warlock character.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Hello @tinlung,

You did the quest by being in a group and another player took it before you?

We're aware of this issue and already escalated it to the developpers.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that this issue will soon be resolved, and we thank you for your patience!

Best Regards,

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • hollowman#9738 hollowman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here also in a party and now missing my sunsword and cannot go on
  • andrewrf#3697 andrewrf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm also having this problem, but I did *not* do the other quest in a group. I have the hilt in my inventory, but still can't pick up the sunsword.
    edited July 2018
    Greetings,

The Customer Support is now able to send you the 'Sunsword Hilt' if you already completed the quest and someone else picked it up.

Please submit a ticket if you're affected by this issue: https://support.arcgames.com/

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • palafoxx#0912 palafoxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same problem as cdnbison, I have the hilt, I can enter in the castle, but I can't grab the sword... leaving the instance, don't work... Always was in Ravenloft #0 instance, and always can't grab the sword after clearing area...
  • drogethdrogeth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    This happened to me this morning, sword quest was displayed in my mini-map, the quest line lead right to it, but it never gave me the sparkle to accept the sword. I tried various things, nothing worked. i was bored started to bounce around the sword, i tried to jump on top of it, 'boom' gave me the sword and i completed the quest no other issues.
  • palafoxx#0912 palafoxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    That's it!! Ty drogeth!! It really worked!!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Same thing for me. The other thing if you are in the group...you can drop the sword(Tab key) and others can pick it up. so as a group might work that way???
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I get the impression that on one hand people are talking about A Pack of Lies wherein you get the Sunsword hilt from Kiril's cave, and on the other hand people are talking about the quest wherein you head up to Ravenloft to free Ireena Kolyana from Strahd, picking up the Sunsword on the way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited July 2018
    percemer said:

Hello,

You did the quest by being in a group and another player took it before you?

We're aware of this issue and already escalated it to the developpers.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that this issue will soon be resolved, and we thank you for your patience!

Best Regards,

percemer said:

Greetings,

The Customer Support is now able to send you the 'Sunsword Hilt' if you already completed the quest and someone else picked it up.

Please submit a ticket if you're affected by this issue: https://support.arcgames.com/

Regards,

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13040393
    Percemer
    ----------
  • ardepardep Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    After I enter the gates for the instance and the sun swords speaks it will not let me pick up the sword. What am I missing? Do I need to have a 13k GS before it will let me wield the sun sword?
    Hello @ardep,

There should be no restrictions to pick up the sword.

Could you try to stay on it for 30 seconds?

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    edited July 2018
    I stood right up to the sword for well over 30 seconds. The swords dialogue completed and nothing happens. Does it auto equip or should if offer a "F" to interact option?
    Just to be clear Ive completed the quest to get the sun sword hilt, tome, and holy symbol.
    It seems to me that you just have to pass over the sword to get it, but some french players reported they didn't get it immediately and they had to wait a few seconds on it.

Do you have the Sunsword Hilt in your "useful items" tab from your inventory? If you did the quest by being in a group, there is an issue, and another player may have picked it up before you did. If you don't have it, you can contact the Customer Support.

Alternatively, maybe you could ask another player to accompany you?

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I could pick up the Sunsword by standing for a short while then I got it.

However, I died during the first attempt [laziness basically] and then couldn't re-pick up the sun sword, I had to exit the instance and start again. Not sure if that is a bug or working as intended
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have merged multiple threads on this issue.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I was finally able to pick up the sun sword by jumping on it (of all things).
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yes!

JUMP,
    JUMP, JUMP,
    JUMP, JUMP, JUMP
    JUMP, JUMP, JUMP, JUMP (Gotcha) - Works every time!

Run and Jump on the Sword will never FAIL!

o:)
  • deadagain69deadagain69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yes its stuck you have to jump on it to move it a little and pick it up. JUMP JUMP JUMP
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I couldn't pick it up whatever I did, so I teamed and somebody else picked it up
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    This tread started months ago but jumping on the sword was the 411 that I needed. Thank you!