test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Templar's Wrath (Protection OP)

2»

Comments

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    At some point you get enough Temp HP to survive anything and can refresh the shield before enemies can drop it. There's no point aiming specifically to getting 2 mil Temp HP all the time when you'll absorb only 200-300k between refreshing Temp HP with TW. Crit for more damage is better then.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

At some point you get enough Temp HP to survive anything and can refresh the shield before enemies can drop it. There's no point aiming specifically to getting 2 mil Temp HP all the time when you'll absorb only 200-300k between refreshing Temp HP with TW. Crit for more damage is better then.

... Except for the part where if you stack too much Crit Severity/Combat Advantage bonuses (ex: Squash Soup, Flask of Potency, Wild Storm, Potion of Heroism), then the DPS increase of Vorpal can range from being only on par, if not sometimes worse than Feytouched, in addition to Feytouched providing slightly more utility than Vorpal (damage debuff).

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

... Except for the part where if you stack too much Crit Severity/Combat Advantage bonuses (ex: Squash Soup, Flask of Potency, Wild Storm, Potion of Heroism), then the DPS increase of Vorpal can range from being only on par, if not sometimes worse than Feytouched, in addition to Feytouched providing slightly more utility than Vorpal (damage debuff).
    I was referring to stacking Power (for more Temp HP) vs Crit on companion. I agree about Crit Sev/Combat Advantage.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Thanks for the replay.

But my paladin has not reached that point so far. Atm when I solo buff myself with divine call and sacred weapon, letting crits to hit myself to get my power up to 90k, my Temp HP is around 325k. In a team with DC can be like 450k, no that high imo.

Which would be the temp hp value, solo buffed like showed above, to aim for? untill then, I should be staking power and anything that increases wrath performance.

Thi is a question for non BIS player, ty for understand ;).

and also ty all for good feedback on this thread.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    also, what about staking power on comp and use owlbear cub?

this would compensate the damage vs the crit lackness while having higher temp hp, you are covering the 2 aspects we are talking about.

what you think about this?
  • tervijawn#8726 tervijawn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The Owl Bear Cub is only worth it for multi-hit attacks (ie. Pillar of Power from the Scourge Warlock). We don't get the same use out of it due to what encounters the companion works with and how the extra hit takes place. You'd do more damage with an increased crit rating, as that will affect all of your attacks, not just encounters.

Stack Crit until 90%-100% then you can start introducing power back onto the companion, likely via Brutals (Black Ice is also a good idea).
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

The cryptic 300%...

Templar’s Wrath grants temporary HP equal to 300% of the damage dealt, but this value increases according to the number of targets you hit:
    0 target hit -> 300% of your damage
    1 target hit -> 600% of your damage
    2 targets hit -> 900% of your damage
    3 targets hit -> 1200% of your damage
    4 targets hit -> 1500% of your damage
    5 targets hit -> 1800% of your damage

The target cap is 5. The skill also hits allies and companions, so in a fight against a single enemy you obtain 1800% temporary HP if your allies are close.

Does the illusions from the Mirage weapon set count as allies?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    "Templar’s Wrath grants temporary HP equal to 300% of the damage dealt, but this value increases according to the number of targets you hit:
    0 target hit -> 300% of your damage
    1 target hit -> 600% of your damage
    2 targets hit -> 900% of your damage
    3 targets hit -> 1200% of your damage
    4 targets hit -> 1500% of your damage
    5 targets hit -> 1800% of your damage

The target cap is 5. The skill also hits allies and companions, so in a fight against a single enemy you obtain 1800% temporary HP if your allies are close."

So with 5 enemies around and tankadin in middle of group/enemies,he gets 4500% hp from the encounter templar's wrath?
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    You sorta posted the answer to your own question. The target cap is 5...meaning it can't go above that regardless of how many enemies/party members are around, and 5 hits = 1800%. Not sure how you're getting 4500.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @hawkblaze1954#5209 Yes they do, even if another person is using that weapon.
    @hypervoreian I meant 1800% in total (300% x5 targets + 300% from yourself).
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Some questions:

1)Does Blood Thirsty (from Young Yeti companion) increase the Temp HP from TW?

2)Fire buff from Wheel of Elements?

3)Radiant Weapon stacks from companion and mount Golden Lion?

4)Warrior's Thirsty from Dread Warrior companion?

5)Fearbrings and Jawripper (both gloves from Omu) increase Encounter's damage by 3%. Do they increase Temp HP generation?

6)Earthreaders (boots from Omu) gives +5% damage for 30 seconds (if you stand inside a blessed area). Does this affect Temp HP?

7)Ring of Offensive Action increase your damage by 3% for 5 seconds after you use a Daily. Does it increase Temp HP?

8)Enduring Boots increase your damage by 3% if your Stamina is full. Does this work with Temp HP?

9)Ring of Shadowstalker increase your damage when you are 25 foot or closer to your target. What about this one?
  • igsfireigsfire Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Even though your talking in terms of damage there is a cap to the amount of temp hp you can have in a PVE tanking scenario. Interesting thoughts though

2)Fire buff from Wheel of Elements?

3)Radiant Weapon stacks from companion and mount Golden Lion?

These two would not add anything to the TempHP of Templar's Wrath.

This is because these two are extra hits of damage that deal (x)% of the original hit.

• fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if the Alpha Compy adds to TW?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    A few questions from someone still learning the class:

1) How do you deal with the alpha strike? I've been one-shot on a few occassions by bosses who can hit faster than I can invoke Templars Wrath... happened yesterday in a CN against the beholder boss. I wish Wrath was instant, but there is a 1-2 second cast time.

2) Occassionally, wrath seems to do very little to nothing. My temp HP either doesnt appear or is a very small sliver - when I'm expecting a full bar.

3) Does armor penetration have any bearing on the effectiveness of Wrath? Mine is still fairly low.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

1) How do you deal with the alpha strike? I've been one-shot on a few occassions by bosses who can hit faster than I can invoke Templars Wrath... happened yesterday in a CN against the beholder boss. I wish Wrath was instant, but there is a 1-2 second cast time.

The best work around I found when I was starting out was at the start of a boss fight, use 1 cast of bane from range, then raise your shield, take the first hit with your shield, then drop it cast templar's wrath and go about as normal.

The shield has a much quicker activation time, and should be enough to allow you to survive any bosses first attack.
  • finalin46finalin46 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

The best work around I found when I was starting out was at the start of a boss fight, use 1 cast of bane from range, then raise your shield, take the first hit with your shield, then drop it cast templar's wrath and go about as normal.

The shield has a much quicker activation time, and should be enough to allow you to survive any bosses first attack.
    A similar tactic is to Bane as above, immediately followed by Templar's Wrath (allies count for your targets, you don't actually have to hit an enemy!) to gain some temp health before the boss closes to you. The temp health gained won't be too big because your power hasn't been boosted by bondings and getting hit, but it should be enough to survive. I usually tab right after the Prefight TW to lower the cool down for the next TW which will make me invincible.
  • feioso123feioso123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Before the boss fight, simply cast Absolution on yourself...problem solved.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As soon as you zone into the fight, before anyone moves, Tab and then press TW. If you need more mitigation, cast Shield of Faith. That will also trigger Shepherds and should allow you to survive, IMO.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I find BO as I close the gap, with a TW as I get near to help with surviving those first few hits. Then CoP completes the survival needs.
  • gaidin#2096 gaidin Member Posts: 22 Arc User

End game? Still 100% crit, Sellsword/Con Artist, Air and Earth Archons, Siege Master, and Fire Archon (if using Vorpal) or 10% Crit Sev companion (if using Feytouched) or Energon for max power share. Reason? To deal more damage, the faster you kill things the less time to make mistakes.

I'm thinking that the Razorwood would be a great choice as the 5th companion; I saw the work up on it that @rjc9000 posted, and it seems excellent. My wife's pally currently uses Con Artist, Seige Master, Earth and Air Archons, and Energon. She is using a Feytouched as well. Thoughts on swapping the Energon out for the Razorwood? Or would there be more gain in swapping out one of the Archons to maintain maximum power share?
    I didn't check if it increased Templar's Wrath TempHP generation, since I pretty much just do Baneadin nowadays.

Other than that, the Razorwood is great for DPS, not reason not to use it if you want to deal more damage on OP.

• vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I didn't check if it increased Templar's Wrath TempHP generation, since I pretty much just do Baneadin nowadays.

I thought Critical Severity and Combat Advantage (which are the Active Bonus from Razorwood) didn't increase Temporary HP from Templar's Wrath, i mean, it's on the first post of this thread XD

Has it changed?
  • gaidin#2096 gaidin Member Posts: 22 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

I thought Critical Severity and Combat Advantage (which are the Active Bonus from Razorwood) didn't increase Temporary HP from Templar's Wrath, i mean, it's on the first post of this thread XD

Has it changed?
    No, you're right on the Razorwood not contributing to the HP from TW.

I was wondering if the personal DPS gain (especially while using a feytouched) would be more beneficial than the gain from either the Energon or one of the Archons.

Energon HP to Power should add to TW +HP as well as increasing power share, which seems like it might be of better/equal benefit compared to the Razorwood.

However, is the effective 6% damage boost from the Air Archon more or less than the damage increase from the Razorwood?
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I think Razorwood does - the CA component at least as it's a modifier that's applied separately from crit.

25% CA though is ~10% DPS on my GWF, so its more on OP, if you have it 100% of the time.