test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 14 Artifact Sets Tested & Reviewed

viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
After moving from Xbox to PC and making a dc, I wanted to know what set would be best for me. So I began testing, alongside the help of others to see how good the Apocalypse set was going to be for personal reference, upon finding out, I wanted to test the Vistani set, and then the next set, until I eventually convinced enough people to help me test all the sets. So here it is, the mod 14 Artifact Sets test results.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQ7OZzFqz1T1BvyQhMAbzrgfuOniQd59YaGFck8twebu1F7fQhSxiktJHFx8ujTMEBjAnKpI2axSJmP/pub

Thanks for reading. If anyone wants to use this as quotes for reporting in the bug forums they can.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Nice work, well done.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Thanks a ton! @viraaal
    Great work!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Thank you for your work.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Thanks viraal and others for doing the testing for us.
    I aim to misbehave
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Nice Job :smiley: Thx
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Great, I have forwarded the doc to the dev team to look into the broken stuff.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Great to see that some people have put in some time and effort to see how well these items work. However, I do wonder how many people have actually read the tooltips for the Apocalypse Set items. When the dagger first appeared, it was clearly a fun item rather than a BIS artifact due to the wording in the tooltip:

'An enigmatic dagger discovered by a legendary adventurer. Rumored to possibly, potentially, just maybe be capable of destroying everything. It probably just opens a tear to the plane of fire though, or maybe not.'

The key detail being the final phrase: 'or maybe not'. Likewise the 'Use' info:

'Target an area within 60' and deals 28,537 damage to enemies within 25' of the target area. Damage values not guaranteed—no refunds!'

Again, the key info being the final sentence: Damage values NOT guaranteed—no refunds!

Likewise there is a similar warning for the Apocalypse Choker in the tooltip:

'An enigmatic choker last seen worn by a legendary sorceress. Though the sorceress's name is lost in time, rumored of this choker lives on. Rumors that say this choker possibly, potentially, just maybe be capable of calling the bringers of the apocalypse. It probably just calls your mom, or maybe not.'

Just read that final sentence :-)

The Apocalypse Bindings carry a similar message:

'An intricate weave of belts crafted by a legendary leathersmith. Rumored to possibly, potentially, just maybe be prevent it's wearer from being pulled through tears into non-benevolent planes. It was probably just made to keep trousers up, or maybe not.'

With the phrase 'Rumored to possibly, potentially, just maybe' and the warning at the end that it might just be a belt to hold your trousers up combined with the info for the other pieces, anyone expecting this set to work in a reliable, powerful way is borderline delusional :) >:)

Post edited by qexotic on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It would be nice to know if the Apocalypse set is supposed to be just a gag item, or if it is just bugged. As it is, there is no reason whatsoever to use it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    So basically tac-GF/temp-SW should have the vistani set.
    Apocalypse is not working.
    Power-sharing sets are not se appealing either.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Apocalypse is not working.

Yes, but the important question is whether it is just a simple bug (in which case it should get fixed eventually) or if the set is really intended to be a gag item, worse than useless. I hope we can get an answer to that soon.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ynneathynneath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is not it better for SW to use just a good stat-boosting (CON and/or CHA/INT) set? If not, why? I'm just wondering and don't understand this attitude to use sets without primary/secondary stats.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    This is very helpful. Thanks for your effort.

Will keep many of us from wasting time and resources refining up sets that are worthless/not useful.

In a sick/sad way, I kind of hope the Apocolypse set was a form of dev trolling. Aggravating but kind of funny.

There certainly are pen and paper D n D precidents for cursed items.

Gauntlets of Fumbling, Gauntlets of Missle Attraction, Crown of Stupidity, Girdle of Gender Reversal...

In NW we have the Bag of Holes, but that was more of a novelty then a true curse.

But more likely, Apocolypse is just bugged. If/when it is fixed it will be desirable.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I know it's late, but just wanted to make an update to the guide with the apocalypse set, now its been fixed... kinda.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Ugh, why do they always make the level 73 enemy mistake...