test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

disappointed in summer festival event coming

spookele1spookele1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
i just feel like saying something im one hell of a fan of summer festival every year i cant wait for this event each year i try my best to get the cool new goodies in the summer fest like the snails last year. every year i cant wait to see whats new to get. i literally go into the summer fest map each year and stay there almost till its over lol because i have so much fun there but this year nothing new is added to this event and thats very disappointing , this is not a small event that just past over a weekend so i really thought you guys would put something in the event for our older players , yes i know there is the sahaa balls that can keep people busy but really would like to to see something added, its really strange in the beginning of this year you guys said you wil be adding more stuff to the events but this surley dont seem like it and thats kinda sad. these events are only exciting for new players not for the olders ones if there is nothing new to do or to get

Really wish you guys want to add new stuff to some events like the longer ones

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    They did add more stuff... wait until october....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • spookele1spookele1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    yhea the masquerade event , not talking about that one already saw the broom but we are at summer fest now and its not like 3 days long like the CTA events
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    One word, "Piggy". This is the one event you can get;

The Pig. He is a controller class companion with the powers;
    Charge, Expert Controller, Filthy Animal, Master Controller, and Mud Sling
    This event companion is obtained by collecting 4,200 flowers during the event.

My friend Dervish of Thay, got a scythe in 2017, looks pretty wicked to see him charging the enemy with it.

I am sure there is something to be found for everyone.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2018

My friend Dervish of Thay, got a scythe in 2017, looks pretty wicked to see him charging the enemy with it.

you can get both of these items fairly easily from the winter festival. neither paint a glowing picture of this event in terms of rewards.

the pig you can get off the auction house for 5k AD, certainly better than grinding flower picking for it.

apart from the slim-to-nothing chance of getting the tenser disk, there's generally nothing from the summer festival that's worthwhile enough for me to want to keep because I've pretty much already got everything. what I do get now, I sell for next to nothing.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

It seems as tho the "piggy" is the right mascot for summer fest. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Moar, moar, moar. Completely disregarding that there are new players that have yet to get caught up on all the boring "old" prizes...
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

A lot of work went into the Anniversary event and there will be changes in this year's Masquerade (and I believe Winter). Hopefully over time we can update all the other events as well but it's a WIP.

Thanks for that. I will admit to being disappointed by the sameness of the Summer Festival. And yes - I'm jaded in part because I've been there, done that for like 3 years in a row now (or more?).

Updating the Winter Festival has my attention. That's usually the best event of the year, in terms of value for time invested outside of the Jubilee.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My friend and guild mate, bought another scythe at the festival. It seems he "needed it" to make his new Vistani weapon look like his old one. Yes, he even recycled the old legendary for 40K RP into the new weapon. o.O Personally I could never do that. But without the summer festival he couldn't get the skin he needed. I reminded him it is still a long way from purple back to orange! My point being; had they made changes to this event, it could mean he wouldn't have the skin to make the upgrades.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I like the look of the Vistani axe. Not that I'd use it or anything...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

A lot of work went into the Anniversary event and there will be changes in this year's Masquerade (and I believe Winter). Hopefully over time we can update all the other events as well but it's a WIP.

I know it is propably to late for winter fest but can you maybe sugest that they have something to do in SH regarding winter and summer fest it would really be cool

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I hope the changes to Winterfest include not throwing items every in gift parties (lag!) and BtA instead of BtC from the gift bags.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    winterfest does have a SH quest, summerfest has nothing and really does need to add some type of quest to help get some vouchers or something for the SH
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    tazz4now said:

winterfest does have a SH quest, summerfest has nothing and really does need to add some type of quest to help get some vouchers or something for the SH

You can get vouchers with tickets.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    You can earn a lot more for the SH during the Summer Fest compared to Winter Festival. We have earned over 1 million Influence during the last Summer Festival and at the moment we have earned round about 300K by now. We are aiming for another 700K Influence so we hit the 1 million again this year.

Except vouchers for Influence you can earn vouchers for Surplus Equipment or for Gems, but Influence is the most valuable voucher.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    do we get pig companion on summer event?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @kreatyve @odskyr#3177 I totally forgot about the sahha tickets, thank you for reminding me, I was thinking about a quest like in wintefest lol oops my bad ;)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

tazz4now said:

You can get vouchers with tickets.
    True - Also don't forget about the Summer Height the often extends the Summer event by 7 more days.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Adding my two cents:

The summer festival is perhaps best described as "tedious". There is virtually nothing in the dailies that really feels fun, especially after the first time, and it's not even that expedient: The daily cannot be completed without waiting up to 35 minutes for two events to come and go - I choose the word "waiting" carefully, as all you need to do is score a couple of points and go take a nap, rinse and repeat for as many characters as you have.
    • Slaughtering trolls en masse would be more interesting if they actually posed a threat.
    • The water battle's an interesting novelty, but it doesn't really work out in an intercontinental environment, and it can still get a little tiresome.
    • The summer feast... okay, you're herding animals. Do you really want to be the best animal-herder in the realm?
    • Sahha isn't technically part of the daily, but it also suffers from this. It can be interesting if the teams are balanced, but I typically see at least one person on my team sleeping through the entire match. (I've been guilty of this myself on occasion, but don't usually give up until it looks like it is physically impossible to score enough points to catch up to the opposing team.)
    The events in STO's Lohlunat festival do a much better job of staying relevant and/or interesting throughout their duration: some steer clear of fixed durations, others allow either early completion or better rewards if you play it well. This might be a good thing to look into.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    mynaam said:

I know it is propably to late for winter fest but can you maybe sugest that they have something to do in SH regarding winter and summer fest it would really be cool

They do do something in the SH for winterfest. They re-create the winners podium for the sled run & there is snow.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    dalolorn said:

The events in STO's Lohlunat festival do a much better job of staying relevant and/or interesting throughout their duration: some steer clear of fixed durations, others allow either early completion or better rewards if you play it well. This might be a good thing to look into.

STO has extremely determined and dedicated people working on their game. All events are constantly updated. There is literally so much for me to do in STOs summer festival that I cant get to it all...Plus its just fun to fly around in a jet pack and go surfing. In Neverwinter you pick flowers and herd animals for outdated rewards.
  • odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I guess, if Sahha Ball would be a little bit more like "Rocket League" for example, it would be more fun and more people would play it instead of going afk during a match.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2018

@nitocris83 could you please ask the Devs to come up with something against scammers around these events?

For example:
    + When a player only leeches from groups within the event area, nothing will drop anymore for him after a while.
    + Any event item (Sahha Ball, Gift of Simril) can be used solo as well, and it gives the same rewards as used in a group.

And since it looks like it's allways the same persons with the same accounts doing the scamming during these events, i doubt that GMs are doing anything against this kind of crappy behaviour either.
    Some of these scammers are even part of known guilds, but it appears that their guilds don't give a youknowwhat about what some of their guild members do... so much for the usual "join a guild, and everything will be fine" replys.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

It seems as tho the "piggy" is the right mascot for summer fest. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Moar, moar, moar. Completely disregarding that there are new players that have yet to get caught up on all the boring "old" prizes...
    pretty sure that the new players are a much smaller number than the older players. it would have been nice to have a new mount or companion or some kind of update. it would be nice if at least there was a chance of mithral tickets or balls or something from the saha matches too.

could a person in authority confirm if the legendary mounts from the festival are resalable or not. I know what the tool tip says but I have a dim memory of this being a question every year because of tool tip.

on xbox I have all the balls from doing quest every day on 9 toons plus the new chars and almost no one is offering ball trades. it's all ball sales. lol. hoping it ramps up. I don't want to have to revert to asking strangers.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    they dont have to remove anything from what they have already but instead add a few new things to keep the old player base happy as its the players who play long term that keeps the game going.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    dalolorn said:

Adding my two cents:

The summer festival is perhaps best described as "tedious". There is virtually nothing in the dailies that really feels fun, especially after the first time, and it's not even that expedient: The daily cannot be completed without waiting up to 35 minutes for two events to come and go - I choose the word "waiting" carefully, as all you need to do is score a couple of points and go take a nap, rinse and repeat for as many characters as you have.

• Slaughtering trolls en masse would be more interesting if they actually posed a threat.
    • The water battle's an interesting novelty, but it doesn't really work out in an intercontinental environment, and it can still get a little tiresome.
    • The summer feast... okay, you're herding animals. Do you really want to be the best animal-herder in the realm?
    • Sahha isn't technically part of the daily, but it also suffers from this. It can be interesting if the teams are balanced, but I typically see at least one person on my team sleeping through the entire match. (I've been guilty of this myself on occasion, but don't usually give up until it looks like it is physically impossible to score enough points to catch up to the opposing team.)

the actual daily that counts justinvolves saying hi to the priestess. the 35 minute daily quest just gets you some crafting stuff. totally unnecessary unless you're die hard crafting.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User

dalolorn said:

Adding my two cents:

the actual daily that counts justinvolves saying hi to the priestess. the 35 minute daily quest just gets you some crafting stuff. totally unnecessary unless you're die hard crafting.
    It also gets you petals.
    why not make the packs from mithril tickets updated/same like in resurgence lockbox packs are, the epic artifact pack, the legendary mount pack and epic mount pack have same rewards?
    dalolorn said:

dalolorn said:

Adding my two cents:

It also gets you petals.
    same petals you get by doing on crafting daily with the saha ball
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

why not make the packs from mithril tickets updated/same like in resurgence lockbox packs are, the epic artifact pack, the legendary mount pack and epic mount pack have same rewards?

no the artifact pack has a forgehammer of gond in it.