test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the heck is going on in PvP?

2»

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I think it was a case of "if I'd got one more shot in he'd have died" but he wasted all the other pugs in my team and finished top.

I just wish they would disable all gear-related cc like they did with curse rings. There's more than enough cc in pvp already. I also think there are some multiproc issues with the "pushes enemies away on daily use" for the cowl of the dead. I saw one poor toon pushed halfway up a wall yesterday, for so long I was able to kill him with about 4 aimed shots.

Yes, that hat is so broken lol. While it has nice deflect stats, it is multiproccing, so I substituted it for another hat without that problem but still has (though lesser) deflect, the mane.

There should be a PvP hat with deflect, and no broken powers attached.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Ha ha ha that sounds quite funny actually... I dont mind things that are a bit broken and throw a player miles... The novelty would wear thin pretty quick though.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    This is why i play neverwinter 1 or 2 times a week and quit after 2 or 3 pvp matches. Haven't played pve since mod 12 on any toon.
    I don't use any broken items such as sandy pants, curse ring, thunderhead, mane, chitter, etc. Not just because im too lazy to do pve to get them but tr's are already broken enough.
    I don't care if you hate me or not, i do use full ap drains when i see someone using broken items. Especially manticore + curse ring combo

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I use whatever tools the game allows

Why should I use a straw to blow the leaves put of my yard, when I can use a gas powered leaf blower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    @finalfantasyac7 huh?
    Although it was like 1 module ago, I saw you in IWD open world PVP with Sandy Pants on, you also run active companions there.

Edit:

The following videos were taken from your own account, they prove you still run active companions in open world PVP which is very cheap imo.

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/cdb8ea6b-e931-43bb-8bf6-880732406e4c

What about this jewel?

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/93a694a0-7777-4ba3-8b9f-c729d7672787

At 0:18, the buff bar shows you're using Impenetrable Jungle boon ;)

You do use cheap/broken stuff yourself :)

@finalfantasyac7 huh?

Although it was like 1 module ago, I saw you in IWD open world PVP with Sandy Pants on, you also run active companions there.

Edit:

The following videos were taken from your own account, they prove you still run active companions in open world PVP which is very cheap imo.

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/cdb8ea6b-e931-43bb-8bf6-880732406e4c

What about this jewel?

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/93a694a0-7777-4ba3-8b9f-c729d7672787

At 0:18, the buff bar shows you're using Impenetrable Jungle boon ;)

You do use cheap/broken stuff yourself :)

Not sure what you have been smoking but i guess you have confused me with another player with the same name.
    There are few TR's with the name Nightmare. There are also few sw's with the name Nightmare.

I never had sandy pants and still don't have it. But i do use Impenetrable jungle boon tho.
    Almost 99% of all pvp players using that boon... would be stupid not to use it too dont you think ?
    You say it's cheap to run active comps in open world ? Ok.. .1 sec please... cuz... i think i just lost some brain cells.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• keru#9279 keru Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    So that's whats going on!!! No wonder i have been feeling really uncomfortable doing PVP its like wth is going on? U have no chance to enjoy PVP at all. And on top of that i have been dealing with a bully or two who after enjoying using all of those starts to mock and make fun of other players expecilly the new comers. (It's unacceptable.) ...Then you block such "gems" of gamers and when you join queued again there they are again. Once blocked U can't see what they be texting to bully you but they one shot kill you and then starts jumping on ur dead toon as if your toon was just trash. I think once you block someone the game shouldnt throw you to play in the same PVP arena with such a person...Who wants to do PVP like that? Im done
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2018

So that's whats going on!!! No wonder i have been feeling really uncomfortable doing PVP its like wth is going on? U have no chance to enjoy PVP at all. And on top of that i have been dealing with a bully or two who after enjoying using all of those starts to mock and make fun of other players expecilly the new comers. (It's unacceptable.) ...Then you block such "gems" of gamers and when you join queued again there they are again. Once blocked U can't see what they be texting to bully you but they one shot kill you and then starts jumping on ur dead toon as if your toon was just trash. I think once you block someone the game shouldnt throw you to play in the same PVP arena with such a person...Who wants to do PVP like that? Im done

If every one / you/ or anyone else that was blocked on an ignore list could not be in "your" pvp match there would be no matches or match ,making at all lol .. the Q would never pop the population is not high enough for these shenanigans

that is a very shortsighted selfish impractical solution
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @kalina311 said:
    > So that's whats going on!!! No wonder i have been feeling really uncomfortable doing PVP its like wth is going on? U have no chance to enjoy PVP at all. And on top of that i have been dealing with a bully or two who after enjoying using all of those starts to mock and make fun of other players expecilly the new comers. (It's unacceptable.) ...Then you block such "gems" of gamers and when you join queued again there they are again. Once blocked U can't see what they be texting to bully you but they one shot kill you and then starts jumping on ur dead toon as if your toon was just trash. I think once you block someone the game shouldnt throw you to play in the same PVP arena with such a person...Who wants to do PVP like that? Im done
    >
    > If every one / you/ or anyone else that was blocked on an ignore list could not be in "your" pvp match there would be no matches or match ,making at all lol .. the Q would never pop the population is not high enough for these shenanigans
    >
    > that is a very shortsighted selfish impractical solution

Yea you could block all the people you can't kill.. and only play with weakling mushers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    well i cant even get pvp to q so i guess its dead
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The platform & mechanics of this game and character abilities (powers etc ) are so awesome ... it has the potential to be really really fun ... especially PvP but no attention is given to pvp specific-new maps / new fun events / new (worth the effort) rewards.

Its really sad.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @finalfantasy265626 it literary was the same gamertag I got those videos from, it was you, with that same writing style, I was in your instance as I happened to be doing Biggrin's Tomb weekly.

Anyway, just because 99% players go the cheap way (like Impenetrable Jungle boon and broken items), does it mean you have to do it yourself?

Of course using companions in open world pvp is very cheap and trollish, they make you able to hit for amounts of damage you otherwise wouldn't be able to by yourself.
    edited July 2018

@finalfantasy265626 it literary was the same gamertag I got those videos from, it was you, with that same writing style, I was in your instance as I happened to be doing Biggrin's Tomb weekly.

Anyway, just because 99% players go the cheap way (like Impenetrable Jungle boon and broken items), does it mean you have to do it yourself?

Of course using companions in open world pvp is very cheap and trollish, they make you able to hit for amounts of damage you otherwise wouldn't be able to by yourself.

I've always been using augment comp just to increase a lil bit of my stat with rank 8 enchants. You wont see much difference of my stats in IWP or DOM.
    Ofcourse i can go FULL CHEAP MODE like other tr's, gf's, pallies, etc by getting mane, curse ring, sandy pants. So please stop complaining about me or else i will give you a good reason to start complaining about me LOL.

Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The thing about the cowl is that it knocks you prone, so you are more vulnerable to damage like you were when a GF bull rushed you. So now TR's use the cowl and BB, it simulates a GF's old ability to knock you prone, and then all the damage they stack for SoD at that point is not mitigated as much.

I agree with what was said before, these items that do weird things need to be disabled in pvp; cowl, crown, mane, curse bringer, etc. It's pretty ridiculous at this point when everyone is just being flung around like monkeys throwing turds. I wish the devs would just straight out disable these procs in pvp from the start, instead of waiting months of brokenness happening in pvp.

TBH, PVP is the only reason I keep playing the game and trying to advance my char. As much as they say PVE is their main focus, they're not doing a very good job in the arena either.