test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cowl of the Dead Multiproccing

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Bug: Cowl of the Dead multiprocs and keeps pushing enemies away multiple times after one daily use.

This also works on players in PvP, and while it is quite funny to watch, it should not work like that.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Wow! That would be perfect for my OP doing solo. Need to try it on tonight because it is 'fixed'. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Here is a video showing Cowl of the Dead still multiproccing like crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCP91Doyfkg&feature=youtu.be

It multiprocced 28 times in 15 seconds (missed 2 procs I think because the opponent flew up too high). There is something in the code which is making it proc every .5s for 15s.

And this applies to EVERY enemy within radius. So one cast of a daily, and you lay waste to everyone around you. It is worse than a stun, as it is both a knockback + prone. So yeah. PvP is HAMSTER on again.

This works consistently and without fail whenever I use Hallowed Ground with my DC (so I don't use it in PvP anymore). It also procs on some SW powers, but I have no way to test that yet.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    That is probably the funniest NW video I have ever seen. :D
    Yeah, I agree...that has to be fixed. lol
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That was quite funny. Forwarded the thread, laughing the whole time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Video forwarded to the team last week.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    cool
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    It's time for Sahha ! :lol:
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Please fix or remove the bonus in pvp, literally every scrub player has one now, even my titanic tolerance for soloQ is being tried.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I think something similar happens with the Crown of the Undead... every time I use it, it yanks everyone in (as it should), then it shuffles the enemies around me, pushes them back out (possibly triggered by certain enemies hating being within melee distance and using some escape ability? Not sure), THEN it yanks them back in, and shuffles them yet again. It's very odd and causes ability timing to be awkward as the goal is to hit the enemies while they are near, but they get pushed back out somehow and yanked back in again? *shrug* Just thought maybe the abilities are somehow related (the Cowl and the Crown).
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Oh funny I was just trying to figure out what was constantly causing my Paladin to always hear Ding, Ding, Ding like it was always entering combat mode over and over again... I thought it was either the Cowl of the Dead or the new Arm piece as he only 1 or 2 new items that's recently changed.

Now I guess I have the answer - and they aware of the issue as our CM has noted... :)