So I've gotten my weeks worth of rAD, what do I do for the rest of the week?

reg1981
reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,410 Arc User
As the title says, it's Monday and I've got my weeks rad(700K). What do I do now? Do I play another game till next Monday?

Comments

• reg1981
    edited July 2018

And you are a bit slow as I had my weeks AD seven hours ago. :)

Funny thing is I've had mine a while too! I started this thread then thought, maybe I'll go in game and see what I can do. Came up with nothing interesting and came back here lol
  • rickcase276
    rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,399 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I suppose it all comes down to what exactly you are playing the game for. If all you are playing it for is to make a profit or at least a favorable roi, then yes it will be boring. If you are playing it for the enjoyment of playing a game, then it wont be boring to you. As for me, I have 16 alts to get primal rings for, so I have lots to still do in game.
  • strathkin
    strathkin Member Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Still I think it was by far much more ridiculous how much AD 'some' players could earn... ...especially farming low level dungeons with low level 70 level characters even with a low gear score. I mean in 10-15 minutes you could get 10-11k or more doing a Dungeon; and those with slightly higher gear score wouldn't even have a challenge and could easily solo. It often just speed run of content and new players were just left running behind picking up drops left behind with no challenge, team work, or sense of game play. This should hopefully cut that down so those more focused on running dungeons do so for the challenge at the appropriate times for the appropriate rewards.

I've even said it be NICE if they made Mastercraft easier to get into for 50% of the player base also. As they've instead encouraged the majority to simply farm Mastercraft resources, and because so few have advanced it to craft they charge an arm & leg for any of the gear. This means many gear & but also the resources are listed for a small fortune. I mean some with a little effort can in 3 months easily make 5m+ from selling resources alone; yet with a little strategy or effort others make 15-25m+ in 3 months. I mean charging 5m for Single Bronzewood Artifact Belt is crazy if you think that's the equivalent of 10000 ZEN / 100.00 worth of Diamonds. Imagine if Cryptic tried selling a Chultan Tiger & Pilgrim weapon for that. I think it be far better for gameplay if more could CRAFT even if it reduced the cost of items &/or resources at least then those who spend the time farming or earning the resources could make some gear or trade or sell the few they had extra of to buy others they were short on.

So I actually applaud the 100k limit per account even if my first initial reaction was too bad it wasn't 120k per day per account. :)
  • constantmule#4943
    constantmule#4943 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    theres more to the game than some diamonds, play with new builds, run some dungeons that you enjoy playing. or like me, work on doing every single quest in the game on one character. better yet, grind for the guild

i done that on guild wars with two characters. and once on gw2 with 1 character..thatle give ya a timesink.
  • plasticbat
    plasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited July 2018

theres more to the game than some diamonds, play with new builds, run some dungeons that you enjoy playing. or like me, work on doing every single quest in the game on one character. better yet, grind for the guild

i done that on guild wars with two characters. and once on gw2 with 1 character..thatle give ya a timesink.

Reg has quite a few builds and many characters. He re-spec a lot too.
    The guild is filled too and he is a great contributor of that.
    The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will.
  • reg1981
    edited July 2018

I'll break it down for ya.

I have 52 level 70 characters on my account.
    The first 8 are one of each class.
    All of those 8 are over 12k with 5 of them over 15k.
    2 of those 5 are 17k.

My GF/DC/OP all have different loadouts for different builds.

Our SH is level 20 with the coffer almost stuffed full of everything (Except tyranny currency). I do 2 rounds or more of Dragon Flight every day to fill our coffer + alliance coffers. Our Alliance is pretty active and it's great!

I acquired my weeks AD from running my DC and GF through intermediate random queues. This gained me AD and kept the queues popping for others. I've run almost every dungeon in the game several times yesterday. Folly popped so much in random queue I got 5 shirts and 5 pants yesterday alone!! I've even ran my first 8 through weeklies "Red Wizards, Arcane Res, Portal) and ran a random on each for HAMSTER and giggles.

I was grinding AD for a Legendary Dino pack prior to the mod release. The 100k limit put a damper in that plan unless I get good tradeable drops.

• cdnbison
    cdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

As the title says, it's Monday and I've got my weeks rad(700K). What do I do now? Do I play another game till next Monday?

Do whatever you like to do in-game for fun? Run a dungeon? Crafting? I don't know.... What do you like to do in Neverwinter, besides chase AD?
  • eclipseblood#1326
    eclipseblood#1326 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I usually hang around the sh in voice chat when i have nothing to do, sometimes we play hide and seek(more fun than it sounds), do some climbing in the sh, water tag if u have the water balloons. PvP if ur into that or even giving it a try.
  • callumf#9018
    callumf#9018 Member Posts: 1,585 Arc User

Probably most of the good players will have hit the weekly cap today. :smirk:

What is funny reading how people think this game is so boring when they have nothing to grind for. I do wonder how many people will go do other things and just never return.

And how do you get so much RAD so quickly? Farming SHEs and converting seals into salvage into RAD?

My irritation is that I just started running an Alt GWF for fun running her through the old random queue, but that isnt worth doing now. So she has an iL of c9k but nothing to do really :wink:
  • plasticbat

What is funny reading how people think this game is so boring when they have nothing to grind for. I do wonder how many people will go do other things and just never return.

And how do you get so much RAD so quickly? Farming SHEs and converting seals into salvage into RAD?

My irritation is that I just started running an Alt GWF for fun running her through the old random queue, but that isnt worth doing now. So she has an iL of c9k but nothing to do really :wink:
    Hunt.
    The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will.
  • hercules125
    hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I wasnt aware you could get a weeks worth of RAD at a time - the limit is daily as far as I know...
  • eclipseblood#1326
    eclipseblood#1326 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @hercules125 said:
    > I wasnt aware you could get a weeks worth of RAD at a time - the limit is daily as far as I know...

U can get as much rad as u can farm, just capped at being able to refine 100k daily.
  • plasticbat
    edited July 2018

I wasnt aware you could get a weeks worth of RAD at a time - the limit is daily as far as I know...

One of the reason you are confused is people keep on saying daily AD cap. I kept on correcting. It is not daily AD cap. It is daily rAD refinement cap. You can earn your rAD as much as you can deal with in one day. Only 100K rAD can be refined to AD daily. You can earn (say) 100K x 365 rAD in one day and then spend a year to refine them to AD.
  • reg1981

Mine was doing 3 weeklies on 8 toons then farming the intermediate random queue on my main. 700k can come quick.
  • dionchi
    dionchi Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Obviously if the only thing about the game that interests you are the astral diamonds and you already have a bunch you can't convert due to the recently imposed cap, convert your daily limit and see if you can find your imagination, sense of adveture and an interest of what to do other than play computer games laying around the house somewhere and perhaps they can give you a clue about "what to do"...

DD~
  • callumf#9018

Hunt.
    As in hunts in Barovia? So you hunt, get the seals and exchange for salvage?
    reg1981 said:

Mine was doing 3 weeklies on 8 toons then farming the intermediate random queue on my main. 700k can come quick.
    3 weeklies on 8 toons = 4500 x 3 x 8 = 108,000 and salvage from intermediates is average 4000 per run? That's a heck of a lot of intermediates to make up the other 592,000 rAD [c150?] :smile:

Thanks for the info guys, really useful. I will try your methods out and see how I do. Cheers
  • plasticbat
    edited July 2018

Hunt.
    reg1981 said:

3 weeklies on 8 toons = 4500 x 3 x 8 = 108,000 and salvage from intermediates is average 4000 per run? That's a heck of a lot of intermediates to make up the other 592,000 rAD [c150?] :smile:

Thanks for the info guys, really useful. I will try your methods out and see how I do. Cheers
    1. Drop from hunt to salvage.
    2. For your calculation for Reg, you did not include 50% AD bonus although there is still a big gap. For myself, it is 4500 x 1.5 (AD bonus) x 4 (weekly) x 6 (characters; all are my 'main characters) = 162K for weekly AD. The rest was covered by salvageable. However, I personally cannot do that in one day. I also have 700K rAD waiting at the moment (I am not complaining by the way). With AD bonus, you only need to reach 66666 rAD to hit the cap.
  • callumf#9018

Hunt.
    reg1981 said:

1. Drop from hunt to salvage.
    2. For your calculation for Reg, you did not include 50% AD bonus although there is still a big gap. For myself, it is 4500 x 1.5 (AD bonus) x 4 (weekly) x 6 (characters; all are my 'main characters) = 162K for weekly AD. The rest was covered by salvageable. However, I personally cannot do that in one day. I also have 700K rAD waiting at the moment (I am not complaining by the way). With AD bonus, you only need to reach 66666 rAD to hit the cap.
    Thanks you :smiley:
  • reg1981

My Intermediate farming is much more profitable than 4k per run :) I run as a DC or GF so I get:

2400 repeat bonus
    2300 role bonus (Tank/Healer) - Using an OP you can use loadouts to get the role bonus everytime
    4000 approx salvage(1 purple)

With bonuses I'm pulling over 10k per random and the possibility is there for some decent drops!
  • strathkin
    strathkin Member Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Still it seems someone got their wish as I've seen Rare or Epic gear from Barovia dropping a little less lately. :*
  • empalas
    empalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 799 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

My Intermediate farming is much more profitable than 4k per run :) I run as a DC or GF so I get:

2400 repeat bonus
    2300 role bonus (Tank/Healer) - Using an OP you can use loadouts to get the role bonus everytime

With bonuses I'm pulling over 10k per random and the possibility is there for some decent drops!

You must be getting better intermediates than I do. Tiamat and Merchants have been the ones I guest the most and no drops at all because the time for the components for the keys aren't worth it. Tiamat used to always drop something. its come up over half the time since mod 14 launch and gotten 1 rare drop out of it.
  • plasticbat
    edited July 2018
    empalas said:

reg1981 said:

2400 repeat bonus

You must be getting better intermediates than I do. Tiamat and Merchants have been the ones I guest the most and no drops at all because the time for the components for the keys aren't worth it. Tiamat used to always drop something. its come up over half the time since mod 14 launch and gotten 1 rare drop out of it.
    For Tiamat, I usually get a drop when it ends (I don't remember I did not get a drop once but I guess that could happen) and may be a drop from the chest. The chance of gear drop from the chest usually is worse than normal drop. I don't run Tiamat through RQ. I don't know if that matters or not.
  • reg1981
    When we run in alliance and get a first round kill we usually get a purple, lately I've not gotten much either. Keep in mind though the rewards are based on the % showing in the Well of Dragons!
  • callumf#9018
    empalas said:

reg1981 said:

2400 repeat bonus

Me too - I am lucky to get a blue drop from the intermediaries half the time *sad face*
  • poisoncloud
    poisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Without VIP, support AD bonus and functioning RAQ it's really hard to even cap daily 100k...