test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    twm2000twm2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Raven Loft Treasure Chest: Unavailable from K screen and Promo Merchant.

I am unable to claim the treasure chest on this account. Is there a bug with this item?
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    - Assault on Svardborg does not allow players to rejoin combat after dying anymore.
    - More about Ras Nsi attacks red splashes bug - it seems he draws his main debuffing aoe (with lines to stand in to avoid debuff) in a smaller strip than the whole platform it really applies to, its length coordinate is way shorter than it should be. He also doesn't telegraph his attacks consistently, skipping telegraphs from time to time.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    An old bug but with a new effect due to the changes in random queues. Lower of the random queues, we got Tiamat, some n00b bugged the black head by crossing the red line too early rendering the run impossible to complete, causing 24 other people to sit in it to avoid the leaver penalty. Either fix the bug or remove Tiamat from that queue please.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Well today's patch fixed bondings at least but here is what it didn't fix:

1. Constant on-demand patching in every zone on every character,likely contributing to the constant lag, poor FPS and permanent crashes to desktop.
    2. Game still crashes/freezes like crazy after minimal play time - right now i can't even switch chars more than 5-6 times or zones more than 2-3 times or play more than 1 dungeon without having to relog or i will crash to desktop. At best i can manage 10 minutes or so of play time if i completely stay away from town hubs, HE zergs or opening anything in game including character or NPC tabs more than a couple times. Unplayable.
    3. Brutals in companion gear give zero stats. The gear itself and bondings now properly apply their stats to the companion but brutals at least don't work at all, supposedly some other enchants specifically Azures still work.

I don't have any information on all the other bugs i encountered since i'm not going to bother taking several minutes to log in each time just to do a 7 min dungeon run then relog or crash.

The game is completely unplayable for me due to the constant crashes, patching and bugs, i've done nothing after completing Barovia weekly haul since launch and it seems like i won't be playing at least until next Thursday. Guess how long it will take for me to give up completely and uninstall if you keep this up.

Yea I use a EVGA NVidia GTX 1059 TI SC currently and never noticed till Ravenloft, often when using many Daily, Encounter, or At-Wil combat powers will often RENDER -then a brief pause- RENDER -then a brief pause- RENDER and this often continues somtimes it can be really, really bad and other times not quite so noticable. It's like watching many of the combat FX temporarily be paused for a brief period of time.

It's like a very brief subtle .15s-.25s pause sometimes one or two over 1-3 seconds other times there can be many of them. It makes fighting tough as the effect is similar to what a player would experience with LAG but it's more graphical based on some tweaks since MOD 14. It can and does occur on every Daily, Encounter, or At-Wils while rendering... just long enough that you eye picks up all the strange pauses.

I know I've seen several others are talking about similar FPS issues or related issues... Still it never occurred prior to Ravenloft in the almost 5 years I've been playing Neverwinter. Still I've seen a lot of this type of feedback in various threads on this site and others so hopefully it will be improved or fixed soon.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241013/mod-14-many-visual-render-effects-render-slight-pause-render

On a positive NOTE I've noticed I'm seeing far less black or dark squares being cast on the ground in large dark checker board patterns cause by dark area's not having bright weapon enchants fully render on the ground. I've barely noticed that since MOD 14...

Still the BIG issue I'd like fixed is the sometimes frequent pausing with rendering various Daily, Encounter, At-Wils or even can be noticed in social zones looking at someone's Barshield Enchantment or one that has 3 shields rotating around their Character. As they too often have sometimes many subtle but short pauses so it sometimes looks choppy. around many enemies I'm fighting at least while in Bravaria. I mean it was common to see those in Chultan underground patrols or frequently in TONG although I haven't tried to see if it's improve there.

Still I think there may be a Graphic Memory LEAK or something; I've noticed while in RIVER I often can't see the RITUAL SITES where the Mini Boss's stand; or where you DONATE MAGIC though they sometimes can be REDRAW? I never saw those visuals missing prior to MOD 14.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    murattti said:

why he is invited me i cant chance moving another perzon zone dont going , and map button right on the top i click few i see map another alot zone i d ont see i tried really new mod ı'm really angry.

Yea I've posted this also to it's own thread in the BUG REPORTS.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241014/mod-14-bravaria-limited-to-seeing-2-3-instances-max

Often it's only limited to Bravaria where your only able to see often 1-3 instances at the most at least >97% of the time anyways. After all people advertising BHE are in instance 20, 47 or higher instance #'s and as they are added to your party you see their instance but can't change to them. So everybody has to go to PE and then hope to travel back and pray they are lucky to succeed the first time; if not it can sometimes take 2-3 attempts if your unlucky.

Only once in a blue moon you might briefly see ALL listed instances available. It happened to me once a day or two ago; then did it again just now shown by the edit timestamp. The funny thing was there were 70+ instances shown as loaded on the GAME SERVER just now. Those at the TOP had 8-19 players possibly 20 or so; then maybe another FULL ones with 20 at the bottom.

What was strange was in the middle of the instance list there were quite a few with 0 players (at least 10), and another 10-20 with perhaps 1, 2 or in the odd case only 3 players in them. Still after I changed to a different instance and the 1.5m timer expired I was back to seeing only 1 instance.

@nitocris83
  • Options
    Blinsky Doll quest is buged. Yes I collected all the Doll Head from each location yet not one in the Journal showed as completed and all blue circle's still remained. It definitely BUGGED.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Two more bugs:

The pilgrim weapon bug is back. When you killed a group of mobs in Omu and there is another group nearby you keep on switching to combat mode all the time although the other group is not attacked.

The game crashes upon entering Runestead. When you Restart and load the same character again, the game crashes immediatly again.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

- Assault on Svardborg does not allow players to rejoin combat after dying anymore.
    - More about Ras Nsi attacks red splashes bug - it seems he draws his main debuffing aoe (with lines to stand in to avoid debuff) in a smaller strip than the whole platform it really applies to, its length coordinate is way shorter than it should be. He also doesn't telegraph his attacks consistently, skipping telegraphs from time to time.

normal svardborg u can rejoin master version u cant. from my past experiences.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Lacing of the Dead Artifact Belt in Collections at least is showing the Wrong Hitpoints at Rare, and Epic Quality.

At Uncommon it's shown having +1591 Maximum Hit Points.
    At Rare it's showing having +543 Maximum Hit Points.
    At Epic it's showing having +803 Maximum Hit Points.
    At Legendary it shows having +5,601 Maximum Hit Points.

Though the other BUFFS on the Belt look fine as does all the Cloaks.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

The pilgrim weapon bug is back. When you killed a group of mobs in Omu and there is another group nearby you keep on switching to combat mode all the time although the other group is not attacked.

Not just Pilgrim, it's a wider Chult weapon bug. My OP ran with the Wootz weapons and kept having this since mod 14 dropped until I switched to the Vistani weapons. Haven't experienced this bug since then and I've spent quite a bit of time in Shoshenstar and Omu.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 game just crashed while loading valindra tower map from a public queue, not random.
  • Options
    maximus#5077 maximus Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    plz fix bondings mine are not adding up in stats. im getting 3-3.5k less stats. this cant be plz FIX
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I still notice many dual or triple Enchantments like Cruel, Brutal, Black Ice, etc... are still not adding up in the companions STAT sheet for the total amount of Power, Crit, Armor Pen, Defense, HP, Lifesteal, etc... they should be giving. So I've since moved all my dual & triple enchants to my main character and simply put just Radiant, Azure, Dark or Silver in Companion.

I've known a few who sold the dual or triple enchantments cause they weren't showing on companions... ...still I hope they are fixed soon.
  • Options
    arcanjo86 said:

normal svardborg u can rejoin master version u cant. from my past experiences.
    Technically yes, thats how it should work, but it seems it doesnt anymore.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Crown of the Undead still pulls boss critters.

Some daily powers, like SW's Brood of Hadar, are causing the item's Undead Pull power to proc multiple times, flinging targets about in random directions. It appears that the Brood entities inherit the Crown's power and proc it again as they are summoned, leading to chaotic and sometimes hilarious results.

Edit:

A little further testing...

- Brood spawned by the Brood of Hadar Power seem to proc Undead Pull one time each before disappearing.

- The spirits generated by the SW Soulbinder Daily, Immolation Spirits, continue to proc it as they attack.

- CW Dailies Ice Knife and Oppressive Force proc Undead Pull only once per cast (assumedly as intended).
    Post edited by vorphied on
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Can't switch loadouts.... have 3 loadouts , makes noise like it's changing but nothing happens to my characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Unsure if this is already posted or not but issue with many bosses not showing red or showing red going the wrong way as it should. Ras Nis red aoe is always going to its left instead of up and down the platform causing issues. Hati FBI first boss has a issue where it just sits there and attacks instead of jumping at the tank knocking the tank back. It does no dmg to the tank as well. Drufi boss first. Its dash red telegraph is showing behind the boss instead of in front. These issues makes these dungeons hard to run and confuses people.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Not sure if this is mod 14 related or not, but as it's become far more important with the new RQ system setup I'm putting it here anyway.
    The 'vote to abandon instance' function is borked. Far too often it doesn't work when used, as no vote is started. With the new account wide penalty and given how often stuff bugs out leaving the people in the queue no way of progressing this needs fixing asap.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    nightskykissesnightskykisses Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I would like to confirm the crash upon trying to enter Runestead, tried entering 3 times yesterday and just couldn't. Also I've crashed 10 times trying to enter the Morini (sp) crypts today.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    2 bugs with barovian instances:

Company of wolves, the initial objective doing it week 2 points to an area of mists, you have to go back to the start and interact with the bodies.

Castle ravenloft - first objective "Pick up the sunword" - How ? no interact cursor.
  • Options
    Just got pilgrim weapons bug after killing a group of mobs in Barovia (twigs) - the aggro never dropped off till my toon died.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Two more bugs:

The game crashes upon entering Runestead. When you Restart and load the same character again, the game crashes immediatly again.

What class you play? My wife plays OP and she says something is bugged and she stays a lot longer in combat that on other classess (to the point of waiting bit at the end of dungeon so she could open chest). She uses Primal weapons. Or it's just bug for every chult weapons sets.
  • Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I traded in 20 cards for 4 random low cards this morning. After double clicking on the random low cards in my inventory, I see 4 cards as loot in bottom right corner, but they don't show up in my deck. I've just lost 20 cards because of this bug...
  • Options
    fra7santofra7santo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    items in wheat camps are not well visible when dropped on the grond after mobs death
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Audio loss when doing the Yester Hill BHE.

I've entered the fray on the Yester Hill big HE 3 times now when it's in full swing with many fellow players (6 - 10 at least), and each time I lose environmental audio. The music continues, but everything else disappears. I have to close the game out completely and restart it to get that audio back.

This has not happened when there were only 2 or 3 players making the attempt (yes - we all died).

I was hoping the patch would cure this, but no luck so far.
  • Options
    kev1njkev1nj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just attempted 'castle Ravenloft' quest. The first objective is to pick up the sunsword, but it can't be interacted with.
  • Options
    fra7santofra7santo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    barovia's quest "tracking the beast (repeteable)": I accepted the quest, I found the person with whom I had to talk and I started to fight him, then another player came and "helped" me to defeat the mob and, having him done more damage than me, the quest was not completed. The problem is that I can no longer talk with the character to be transformed into werewolf and defeat
  • Options
    chochlordchochlord Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The game crashed when I entered Monini Crypts. Now I cannot use the character, the game crashes immediately when I log into the character. There is nothing helpful in the event logs. Please fix it, or provide a way to boot the character back to Neverdead or some other zone.
  • Options
    chochlord said:

The game crashed when I entered Monini Crypts. Now I cannot use the character, the game crashes immediately when I log into the character. There is nothing helpful in the event logs. Please fix it, or provide a way to boot the character back to Neverdead or some other zone.

Did you try to log an alt and then the char in question? Or starting game in safe mode to log them in?
  • Options
    I hope that we get some form of acknowledgement on how huge an issue the on-demand patching is being for many people, simply not being able to play the game is such a huge issue that I can easily see people quitting before a solution is made if no word that they are working on one goes out.
This discussion has been closed.