test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kneebreaker versus anvil of doom?

opinions?

Comments

• manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I don't play my GF every day but honestly I haven't used either in awhile. I'm stuck on the Knight's Challenge and Griffon's Wrath combo. I've played around with both KB and AoD and it always felt like a significant dropoff for me from the KC+GW. I don't use ACT though, and very rarely do we run a "meta" party. I do use Soulsight artifact on bosses and I feel like that favors GW even more.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Neither, there are better encounters to use
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I prefer kneebreaker, it procs crushing pin and deals its full damage 100% of the time if its a phase boss that gives u the option to switch to anvil u can i cant bother tho personally
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Knee Breaker can also stack and you can use it twice in one KC+Soul Sight window if timings are good.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Can't stand Anvil of Doom's anim. If you ever tried that in RL you'd clobber yourself every time. So I stick with Knee Breaker.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So PvP I use Anvil, Fray, and Bull Charge. Regardless of popular "OPINION", Griffons Wrath is not better. It constantly misses, counts as a CC and requires you to successfully hit the enemy it least twice with staggering challenge for the feat to be fully maximized and it also deals less damage than Anvil. Also, with the stupid change they did you can't see the timer on it anymore so that sucks too.

I use Anvil over GW because you can proc the bleed below 50% health to be devastating to the point where it is 100% unavoidable. Their are times where you can proc it, and they cannot run away from it. Also, being higher in base damage, having a decent cool down, and also can be casted much faster than GW, I know it is better. I have streamed where i've hit people in pre-mades for quarter- almost half a mill.

PvE, I am Tac with Bronzewood, and I run Enforced Threat for mob phases, Fray, and Kneebreaker. For single targets like bosses or mini boss phases I remove Enforced Threat and slot Commanding Strike.

Kneebreaker is the best choice for Tactician GF's. Where as a typical DPS GF combo is Griffons, Fray, Knights Challenge.

So whenever I am with them. I tell them remove Fray and slot Anvil, but never get rid of Knights Challenge or Griffons. Only thing that you should change is Fray to Anvil as a DPS, and Enforced Threat to Commanding Strike as a Tac, or vice versa.

Kneebreaker should never be used in a DPS rotation and only used in tac rotations. Hope that helps.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter