test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players abuse broken kicking system!!!

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello.

Here I would like to report that a lot of players abuse new system of kicking from groups. They stay afk in PvP or in dungeons. And honest players just can't kick them because of different conditions which were broken by your unskilled programmers.

So could you please bring back old system of kicking from groups and instances (without any conditions). Moderator edited out flaming.

Thank you in advance :)
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I don't think it has any thing to do with the difficulty or the skill of the DEVS as most are very talented.

Still I have seen a little too often sometime people like to go AFK; if be nice if a kick could earlier only if the player is shown in a disconnected sate and remaining party members all choose to agree and vote to kick.

The issue was their was far too much abuse of players kick people simply cause they didn't like their gear score.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I feel like this is a huge design oversight.

Firstly, people who queue for something and accept the queue normally don't need to go AFK for over 5 minutes without saying a word just when they zone in. Sure, it might happen to somebody that the doorbell rings, but the whole point of random queues is that the dungeon queues will now fire up faster. So if someone were to be kicked after being MIA for 5 minutes, they can find another dungeon almost immediately.

Let's say it takes 15 minutes before you can kick somebody. The leaver's penalty is 30 minutes. Of course the player who enters the dungeon and doesn't want to do it prefers to be kicked out. There's no penalty that way. Even if they need to wait 15 minutes, at least it is 15 minutes less than when taking the leaver's penalty. And now since the penalty is account-wide, those baddies definitely won't leave on their own.

Weirdly, there isn't a punishment for AFKing, but there is a punishment for those players who actually would like to finish the content, but can't because some guy decided to permanently zone out to Protector's Enclave.

It is sad that some new-ish players were getting kicked for their ilvl, but the current system doesn't give us any real tools to fight players who are only there to take advantage of others. The current system hurts both that low-level player and the rest that are now penalized and stuck in a dungeon, unable to even go through a door, while that one troll zones out to Protector's Enclave.

So my suggestions are these:

PLEASE, let us kick players who abuse the system, no matter what instance they are in (and zone out of): The kick timers need to be much shorter. Five minutes is enough and the person who gets kicked can queue into any content again without any waiting, so why make others sit there like training dummies for 15 minutes without being able to even enter some of the dungeons?

Secondly, any content that requires people to gather at the door should let players enter after 5 minutes have passed. Better yet, 2 minutes.

Thirdly, let us kick people who aren't in our instance OR disable leaving the instance without taking the penalty. Thank you. There are some good reasons to go back to Protector's Enclave like picking up a free daily key or having full seals, but trying to make everybody else quit group isn't it.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    A new trend, or at least new to me, is someone who doesn't want to take the time to run the stuff puts a player on follow to appear as though they're contributing while actually being afk.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User

jmiller84 said:

A new trend, or at least new to me, is someone who doesn't want to take the time to run the stuff puts a player on follow to appear as though they're contributing while actually being afk.

This is pretty standard semi-bot behaviour from the rookie dungeons and has been happening since random queues were introduced.

You cant kick them thanks to changes to RQ kicking rules, you cant drop or change character now without being unfairly penalised, so your only real option is to carry the 'freddy freeloaders' completely. The scummy players loved random queues and must love the thirty minute account wide penalty even more.

Terrible game design gets even worse!
    Can kick after 5 minutes in skirms, so in the PoM where this happened I was able to vote kick him for afk without issue. 15 minutes for dungeons is still a joke.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    In my eyes there should be no punishment for anyone leaving a group right after being send into mSP or FBI or MSVA with 4-9 other player.
    Being informed inside that dungeon, that your group is made of 4-9 newbies only frustrates both sides, the one that despeartely wants to try that dungeon and the one that quitts right from the start or goes afk maybe sometimes to educate player who troll queue.
    I met 9k-player in mSP allready, regardless the fact that IL is 11k+.
    I got no intention to argue with those player about the requirements to be a support for your party. If they are new to the game, they can learn it by themself or ask their guild how to behave and help through contnent...or simply stick with each other 4ever inside that dungeon if they are not willing to learn some lessons.

It should be your damn right to step out without being forced to wait 15min or getting angry about the ammount of player, who switch from one account to the next with poorly geared and build character only to farm some AD.
    The 1 spot might be filled by the next player or not, or the group can decide to step out themself after recognizing that a "noob-exclusive-setup" is not enough to get things done.

Being allowed to step out yourself without being punished, those "AFK player/trolls" should get an account ban for 30min, if they step in and don´t move for 5min, so they could rethink their ambitions.
    Waiting 15min is far too long for a hole group, that decided to get rid of one player who is an annoyance.
    The troll should be punished and not the legit player.
    If a player is send to PE by the hole team (100% agreement) due to be an annoyance , he might have earned a ban and can decide to either improve his setup and come back without punishing the mayority of player in RQ, or play solo in this mmo.
    If it´s a mayority (not 100%) decision there should be no ban.
    Post edited by schietindebux on