test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the heck is going on in PvP?

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
Played a few games tonight and PvP is as bad as I thought it would be the 2nd half of Mod 13. I played against a number of players at the top of the Leaderboards who just stun you to death... pretty pathetic still.

Anyhoo thats not what bothered me tonight... it was actually just instadeaths sometimes with no-one anywhere near me. But some players I am fighting and my health goes from 200k to 0. I look through the Combat Log and there is nothing showing any kind of big hit or sustained hits. Just death and no explanation. It happened quite a few times.

Any idea what is causing this? Next time I play if it happens more I will take some clips or something.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Hopefully just lag issues? Did you feel a difference vs trs or ppl with mane?
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I actually noticed it against Tanks and Pallys more than any other class last night. One particular Pally seemed to be able to kill me from miles away... This Pally just stunlocked you to death every time you go near him or hit him, but every now and then just death and the combat log gave no indication of why.

I dont know.... I thought the Mane would have come up in the combat log or something. In one instance last night I went from 200k to 0HP and looking through the log all I see were a few hits for 3-4k, some reflections and some pretty minimal damage numbers... yet 100% to 0% HP in an instant.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    The Mane is a beast. Spec the same as best you can or sit it out.
    The Legendary Outlaws

Trust you to promote broken items :pensive:

I will sit it out, as have countless other people... and countless others in each and every Mod. Soon it will just be you and a couple of other players left spamming broken items at each other, if you can even get into a game by then.

I dont, and will never ever use a broken item of any sort in PvP... or PvE for that matter. Same with the perma-stun bots etc, I will never go down that route of playing. I would rather fight people with normal equipment and items and lose, than turn into one of those players :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Trust you to promote broken items :pensive:

I will sit it out, as have countless other people... and countless others in each and every Mod. Soon it will just be you and a couple of other players left spamming broken items at each other, if you can even get into a game by then.

I dont, and will never ever use a broken item of any sort in PvP... or PvE for that matter. Same with the perma-stun bots etc, I will never go down that route of playing. I would rather fight people with normal equipment and items and lose, than turn into one of those players :)
    Yea well Another 6 month of this is to much for me as well, summoning it up I talked to another 10 player on pc that will do the same and as queue has a hard time fireing up as it is my guess is that this mod will just about kill of pvp on pc.

All you can do is to gratulate the devs that manage to finally kill the last spark (if I am correct in this) of players in pvp. Yea well not actively maby but certainly due to neglect ……..
    Well I bit the bullet and played some PvP tonight, mostly enjoyable except the silly TR Daily spamming, permastun bots and the Manticore Mane insane damage.

Other than those 3 things just ruining the gaming experience I actually went 7 games undefeated and got myself up to page 10 after 17 games now in Mod 13b.

Still the negatives really overshadow what is a really good game and I am not sure how much longer I will play it competitvely. The fun really is being sucked out of it with every single Mod that comes out.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Players farmed for these evil PvP breaking bits and those that don't farm suffer. So farm or sit it out.

Find like minded and form PreM, XvX groups, etc..

Otherwise, this thread is ready to be chunked in the File 13 Rant waste bin.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @wdj40 said:
    > The Mane is a beast. Spec the same as best you can or sit it out.
    >
    > Trust you to promote broken items :pensive:
    >
    > I will sit it out, as have countless other people... and countless others in each and every Mod. Soon it will just be you and a couple of other players left spamming broken items at each other, if you can even get into a game by then.
    >
    > I dont, and will never ever use a broken item of any sort in PvP... or PvE for that matter. Same with the perma-stun bots etc, I will never go down that route of playing. I would rather fight people with normal equipment and items and lose, than turn into one of those players :)

Everything at one time in this game was or will be broken.... So good luck playing the game at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

> @wdj40 said:

> The Mane is a beast. Spec the same as best you can or sit it out.

>

> Trust you to promote broken items :pensive:

>

> I will sit it out, as have countless other people... and countless others in each and every Mod. Soon it will just be you and a couple of other players left spamming broken items at each other, if you can even get into a game by then.

>

> I dont, and will never ever use a broken item of any sort in PvP... or PvE for that matter. Same with the perma-stun bots etc, I will never go down that route of playing. I would rather fight people with normal equipment and items and lose, than turn into one of those players :)

Everything at one time in this game was or will be broken.... So good luck playing the game at all

Not really, there are plenty of viable items in the game. As soon as I hear something is broken I stay completely away from it, or if I have it equipped I will remove and store in the bank. Even back when the Lostmouth Set was declared as not WAI I un-equipped it straight away and chose a different set.

As a HR from time to time we get something broken and not WAI like Powers etc, I will then stay away from that until it is fixed.

I simply refuse to cheat the game and/or other players.

Players farmed for these evil PvP breaking bits and those that don't farm suffer. So farm or sit it out.

I am just repeating myself now... I will not farm for and use a broken item its as simple as that. Once it is fixed and working properly I may go out and get one to add to my collection of things.

Seriously why are you promoting the use of a broken item?
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe

Also as I just mentioned, I went 7 games last night and 7 wins... against a couple of players from page 1 & 2 as well using the Manticore Mane.

I really dont need to cheat to get the odd win. But I am fully within my rights to complain about mechanics in the game which are broken... or permastuns that make a player turn into a training dummy, which then force them to not be able to play the game.

No PvP game on the planet should force players to sit and just watch themselves slowly die over 10 seconds repeatidly.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    In a world full of dishonorable peopLe the fastest way to be left behind is to try to be honorable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    @wdj40

I am beginning to think you're just here to increase your Post Count. Ever heard of Elven Battle and Valindras set?
    The Legendary Outlaws

@wdj40

I am beginning to think you're just here to increase your Post Count. Ever heard of Elven Battle and Valindras set?

lol of course... ok I just played another 10 games and this time 5 with Elven... it made absolutely no difference, well actually that is a lie my Stamina regens heck of a lot quicker.

You do realise this perma stun-lock is an issue and that is why they keep trying to fix it! No point in jumping down my throat when a fix to PvP with CC resist stacks etc does not work properly.

Also the whole point of this game is diversity in equipment and builds etc... PvP was terrible when every single player was forced into 1 Armour Enchantment. That is not what the players or the devs want.

Any sort of meaningful control should only be allowed by a Control Wizard! The sodding name is in the title there. Other classes should have minimal stuns in PvP... It should all be flowing combat and I have no idea why you think otherwise.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Anyhoo back to topic... I am seeing instadeaths still, I think it could be the Manticore Mane which is just silly. But going through the combat logs it does not always show up, so I am unsure if its just that.

1 Player in particular is able to kill me with it in 1 go even though I only see one 160k hit come up.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    > @wdj40 said:
    > Anyhoo back to topic... I am seeing instadeaths still, I think it could be the Manticore Mane which is just silly. But going through the combat logs it does not always show up, so I am unsure if its just that.
    >
    > 1 Player in particular is able to kill me with it in 1 go even though I only see one 160k hit come up.

Likely a Multi proc. SWs BoH can proc it a lot. Trs BB with mane can hit your hp up over 250k at once.
  • xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Idk, PVP is what kept me in the game the first two years, but the player disparity keeps escalating. I have no interest in killing a whole team with my AWPs and calling it GG to let the clock run out for the next 10 min. I very rarely sign up for PVP anymore, nearly never. My question is, why not nerf that zone like other zones? I do a random and I'm nerfed to roughly whatever the appropriate zone lvl is. Nerf us all to 12k or something so we can just have fun and fight. A GF/OP standing on a node and going AFK because no one on the other team can kill you is... a waste. At least a queue option for a nerfed PVP zone.
    wdj40 said:

@wdj40

lol of course... ok I just played another 10 games and this time 5 with Elven... it made absolutely no difference, well actually that is a lie my Stamina regens heck of a lot quicker.

I ran two other Trans armor enchants in the same match this morning and the Elven allowed me to easily counter.

Took the Mane and Curse ring off which slowed me down but countered with 160%+ defenses ignored and a Dread. It's so much easier to chip away at a TR with a Mane and I preserve it for that opportunity to smack them when they can be targeted.

So no, I do not vote to have the Mane removed. Just fix the abilities that multi-proc it and broadcast a big hit across the map like a Thunderhead/GFs KV currently does. Increase the cool down another ten seconds. The Lion is still the most PvP breaking tool we have.

It's freaking awesome how effective it is. Against a GF, I had one-shot myself a few times this morning while on my Archer.

SO!!! Lets remove everything! Turn off the mount Tab. Get rid of the Lion or any like mount ability. Make it so we are dealing with just the front page with a rainbow Q system. You will still be here increasing your Post count. LOL.
    The Legendary Outlaws

wdj40 said:

@wdj40

I ran two other Trans armor enchants in the same match this morning and the Elven allowed me to easily counter.

Took the Mane and Curse ring off which slowed me down but countered with 160%+ defenses ignored and a Dread. It's so much easier to chip away at a TR with a Mane and I preserve it for that opportunity to smack them when they can be targeted.

So no, I do not vote to have the Mane removed. Just fix the abilities that multi-proc it and broadcast a big hit across the map like a Thunderhead/GFs KV currently does. Increase the cool down another ten seconds. The Lion is still the most PvP breaking tool we have.

It's freaking awesome how effective it is. Against a GF, I had one-shot myself a few times this morning while on my Archer.

SO!!! Lets remove everything! Turn off the mount Tab. Get rid of the Lion or any like mount ability. Make it so we are dealing with just the front page with a rainbow Q system. You will still be here increasing your Post count. LOL.
    Dude I have been posting since just after week 2 of the Xbox release, nothing is going to change that any time soon.

A Helmet should not be able to 1 shot a player in PvP combat, that is just plain stupid!

I am not asking for it to be removed, if it is fixed and does not multi-proc then I would be happy with that. I mean that is after all what its supposed to do. It should also have some sort of limit, most other things do like the Greater Everfrost Pants/Shirt Bonus etc... probably max 100k really or just a flat 30% removal of enemy HP or something.

Curse Ring is just as bad, that is one of the items that adds a stupidly long stun time to a player, I will never use it in PvP. I am not saying this about you but players that use those kinds of items are just viewed as lesser players to me.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    > @wdj40 said:
    > @wdj40
    >
    > I am beginning to think you're just here to increase your Post Count. Ever heard of Elven Battle and Valindras set?
    >
    >
    > lol of course... ok I just played another 10 games and this time 5 with Elven... it made absolutely no difference, well actually that is a lie my Stamina regens heck of a lot quicker.
    >
    >
    >
    > I ran two other Trans armor enchants in the same match this morning and the Elven allowed me to easily counter.
    >
    > Took the Mane and Curse ring off which slowed me down but countered with 160%+ defenses ignored and a Dread. It's so much easier to chip away at a TR with a Mane and I preserve it for that opportunity to smack them when they can be targeted.
    >
    > So no, I do not vote to have the Mane removed. Just fix the abilities that multi-proc it and broadcast a big hit across the map like a Thunderhead/GFs KV currently does. Increase the cool down another ten seconds. The Lion is still the most PvP breaking tool we have.
    >
    > It's freaking awesome how effective it is. Against a GF, I had one-shot myself a few times this morning while on my Archer.
    >
    > SO!!! Lets remove everything! Turn off the mount Tab. Get rid of the Lion or any like mount ability. Make it so we are dealing with just the front page with a rainbow Q system. You will still be here increasing your Post count. LOL.
    >
    > Dude I have been posting since just after week 2 of the Xbox release, nothing is going to change that any time soon.
    >
    > A Helmet should not be able to 1 shot a player in PvP combat, that is just plain stupid!
    >
    > I am not asking for it to be removed, if it is fixed and does not multi-proc then I would be happy with that. I mean that is after all what its supposed to do. It should also have some sort of limit, most other things do like the Greater Everfrost Pants/Shirt Bonus etc... probably max 100k really or just a flat 30% removal of enemy HP or something.
    >
    > Curse Ring is just as bad, that is one of the items that adds a stupidly long stun time to a player, I will never use it in PvP. I am not saying this about you but players that use those kinds of items are just viewed as lesser players to me.

Bro... cursed ring doesn't work in pvp as of mod 14. The game should also have cc powers that go unmitigated unless you have enchantments to mitigate cc effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

> I am beginning to think you're just here to increase your Post Count. Ever heard of Elven Battle and Valindras set?

>

>

> lol of course... ok I just played another 10 games and this time 5 with Elven... it made absolutely no difference, well actually that is a lie my Stamina regens heck of a lot quicker.

>

>

>

> I ran two other Trans armor enchants in the same match this morning and the Elven allowed me to easily counter.

>

> Took the Mane and Curse ring off which slowed me down but countered with 160%+ defenses ignored and a Dread. It's so much easier to chip away at a TR with a Mane and I preserve it for that opportunity to smack them when they can be targeted.

>

> So no, I do not vote to have the Mane removed. Just fix the abilities that multi-proc it and broadcast a big hit across the map like a Thunderhead/GFs KV currently does. Increase the cool down another ten seconds. The Lion is still the most PvP breaking tool we have.

>

> It's freaking awesome how effective it is. Against a GF, I had one-shot myself a few times this morning while on my Archer.

>

> SO!!! Lets remove everything! Turn off the mount Tab. Get rid of the Lion or any like mount ability. Make it so we are dealing with just the front page with a rainbow Q system. You will still be here increasing your Post count. LOL.

>

> Dude I have been posting since just after week 2 of the Xbox release, nothing is going to change that any time soon.

>

> A Helmet should not be able to 1 shot a player in PvP combat, that is just plain stupid!

>

> I am not asking for it to be removed, if it is fixed and does not multi-proc then I would be happy with that. I mean that is after all what its supposed to do. It should also have some sort of limit, most other things do like the Greater Everfrost Pants/Shirt Bonus etc... probably max 100k really or just a flat 30% removal of enemy HP or something.

>

> Curse Ring is just as bad, that is one of the items that adds a stupidly long stun time to a player, I will never use it in PvP. I am not saying this about you but players that use those kinds of items are just viewed as lesser players to me.

Bro... cursed ring doesn't work in pvp as of mod 14. The game should also have cc powers that go unmitigated unless you have enchantments to mitigate cc effects.

Cool thank you for the info :)

Does that mean you have to go back to Elven in Mod 14? I hope not, I like using my Shadowclad and occasionally a different Enchant.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    > @demonmonger said:
    > > @wdj40 said:
    > > @wdj40
    > >
    > > I am beginning to think you're just here to increase your Post Count. Ever heard of Elven Battle and Valindras set?
    > >
    > >
    > > lol of course... ok I just played another 10 games and this time 5 with Elven... it made absolutely no difference, well actually that is a lie my Stamina regens heck of a lot quicker.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I ran two other Trans armor enchants in the same match this morning and the Elven allowed me to easily counter.
    > >
    > > Took the Mane and Curse ring off which slowed me down but countered with 160%+ defenses ignored and a Dread. It's so much easier to chip away at a TR with a Mane and I preserve it for that opportunity to smack them when they can be targeted.
    > >
    > > So no, I do not vote to have the Mane removed. Just fix the abilities that multi-proc it and broadcast a big hit across the map like a Thunderhead/GFs KV currently does. Increase the cool down another ten seconds. The Lion is still the most PvP breaking tool we have.
    > >
    > > It's freaking awesome how effective it is. Against a GF, I had one-shot myself a few times this morning while on my Archer.
    > >
    > > SO!!! Lets remove everything! Turn off the mount Tab. Get rid of the Lion or any like mount ability. Make it so we are dealing with just the front page with a rainbow Q system. You will still be here increasing your Post count. LOL.
    > >
    > > Dude I have been posting since just after week 2 of the Xbox release, nothing is going to change that any time soon.
    > >
    > > A Helmet should not be able to 1 shot a player in PvP combat, that is just plain stupid!
    > >
    > > I am not asking for it to be removed, if it is fixed and does not multi-proc then I would be happy with that. I mean that is after all what its supposed to do. It should also have some sort of limit, most other things do like the Greater Everfrost Pants/Shirt Bonus etc... probably max 100k really or just a flat 30% removal of enemy HP or something.
    > >
    > > Curse Ring is just as bad, that is one of the items that adds a stupidly long stun time to a player, I will never use it in PvP. I am not saying this about you but players that use those kinds of items are just viewed as lesser players to me.
    >
    > Bro... cursed ring doesn't work in pvp as of mod 14. The game should also have cc powers that go unmitigated unless you have enchantments to mitigate cc effects.
    >

Might want to regurgitate that to a certain know it all in another pvp thread, that said essentially everything is still broken, nothing is fixed, trs still have unmitigated damage
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Where did you see that? As well as the Mane nerf and stuff. Been trying to find it everywhere.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    theguiido said:

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Where did you see that? As well as the Mane nerf and stuff. Been trying to find it everywhere.
    Mane and chitters nerf info is in the mod 14 patch notes

theguiido said:

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

mind linking it I tried looking in the announcements through everything I seriously couldn't find it. I am blind af ig lol.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

edited June 2018
    theguiido said:

theguiido said:

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

mind linking it I tried looking in the announcements through everything I seriously couldn't find it. I am blind af ig lol.
    Here dude https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10936423 under Item something. I just had a look myself... I personally like "The Tyrant now vomits more consistantly" ha ha poor thing.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

> @wdj40 said:

> @wdj40

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Here dude https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10936423 under Item something. I just had a look myself... I personally like "The Tyrant now vomits more consistantly" ha ha poor thing.
    Thanks dude. I appreciate it.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I just ran into what must be the biggest troll-build ever. BIS SW, u.eclipse, mrk2 drains, sandy's pants, and the new hunt gear: the chest that summons a whole cloud of guards, and the hat that pulls you in on a daily.

Jesus christ. It was like getting thrown into a wood-chipper. Pvp is beginning to become a sort of competition to see who can put different armor bonuses together in more and more bizzare ways.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    jonkoca said:

I just ran into what must be the biggest troll-build ever. BIS SW, u.eclipse, mrk2 drains, sandy's pants, and the new hunt gear: the chest that summons a whole cloud of guards, and the hat that pulls you in on a daily.

Jesus christ. It was like getting thrown into a wood-chipper. Pvp is beginning to become a sort of competition to see who can put different armor bonuses together in more and more bizzare ways.

Was it just annoying and thats all or was it unfair/non killable
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think it was a case of "if I'd got one more shot in he'd have died" but he wasted all the other pugs in my team and finished top.

I just wish they would disable all gear-related cc like they did with curse rings. There's more than enough cc in pvp already. I also think there are some multiproc issues with the "pushes enemies away on daily use" for the cowl of the dead. I saw one poor toon pushed halfway up a wall yesterday, for so long I was able to kill him with about 4 aimed shots.
    No idea what my toon is now.