test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flashing Strip in Upper Left of GUI

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
I first noticed this on preview, and assumed it would be removed by the time they implemented it on live. When you first
log in as a character, the upper left corner of the gui displays something like flashing white strips multiple times, with probably some text - it flashes very quickly so it's not readable. It looks very clunky, and is somewhat annoying and distracting. Any way this could be removed, since it looks to me like some kind of debugging feature that the devs forgot to turn off.

Comments

• onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The flashing of white I seen is patching of files. I think thats a good thing :)
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    That prompts two questions:

1. Why is it patching when I have patching on demand turned off? And why does it keep doing it over and over for the same zones, and for each character?

2. If this constant patching is necessary, why is it necessary to show it to me now? That constant flickering is annoying and distracting. It's not like I can actually do anything with the info, since it flashes by so quickly.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I just set my files to read only so I never update ... it's amazing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!