test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please raise the required IL on the random advanced queue

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
Players have long understood that no player with an IL under 13k and more likely 14k really has any business being in FBI, MSP and so on. Allowing 11k players in to waste the party's time simply results in aborted dungeon runs and frustrates the purpose of a random queue, which is supposed to allow players to simply explore different content and make some AD without having to go through the bother of looking through their guilds, friend lists, private channels and spam-ridden public channels to form a party.

It's easy to fix. Please do.

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Also remember that due to the companion bug atm, they're weaker than they should be and so are you. It may get a little better.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I read that and go wow seriously? I first ran FBI when I was 12K sure I died alot to bosses but it had nothing to do with my gear. It was because I was new to the fights and did not fully understand what was going on and what to do. Drufi iced me alot because of the same reason. Any group 11K+ can do fbi if each person is willing to learn and do mechanics. When you get a group of 15K+ in side of FBI the run at that point can become a speed run and not waste any time to wipes. I feel the item level is where it should be.
    The issue is not the item level at all. It is the simple fact that people now get primal and get the item level and having the quest they go lets que up for it and them being new makes people wonder.
    I think if a new person is present perhaps the ones that are not knew explain what to do. After all in a dungeon it does become a team effort to over come the bosses and if the team fails to help a new player then the team is who failed not the new player.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    its called random...ofc you will find players with no knowledge about to clear a dungeon, ofc you will find ppl with minimum GS for the dungeon, ofc you will find some bad players....its called random.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Any group 11K+ can do fbi if each person is willing to learn and do mechanics.

I think this is perhaps a little exaggerated amigo :smile:

An 11k group will seriously struggle to get up the hill at the beginning or even wipe the first group of mobs. Maybe a really really well built and co-ordinated group of 11k. But a pug 11k has very very little chance. I have run FBI 10-15 times in pugs and succeded once only
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2018

b4t1b4t said:

An 11k group will seriously struggle to get up the hill at the beginning or even wipe the first group of mobs. Maybe a really really well built and co-ordinated group of 11k. But a pug 11k has very very little chance. I have run FBI 10-15 times in pugs and succeded once only
    Honestly people finished FBI with weapons 3-4 generations older than now. You can get BiS weapon/gear running leveling content.. soon you will see everyone there wearing primal sets. I've finished FBI as 11k dps without problems. Of course raising min IL would up the success rate but for what I've seen in my failed runs we failed because people didn't played their class very well, ignored mechanics or teamplay etc and not because of their low IL>
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    That's the reason why I do randoms only in alliance. Otherwise I consider random pug a waste of time for me.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

b4t1b4t said:

Honestly people finished FBI with weapons 3-4 generations older than now. You can get BiS weapon/gear running leveling content.. soon you will see everyone there wearing primal sets. I've finished FBI as 11k dps without problems. Of course raising min IL would up the success rate but for what I've seen in my failed runs we failed because people didn't played their class very well, ignored mechanics or teamplay etc and not because of their low IL>
    Yeah of course - I now people can complete FBI with 11k iL - I am quoting fact from my PUG experience - at least 10 FBI runs with 9 fails and 1 success :smile:

That is a fact, not an opinion.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    The new gear has higher stats, so ppl can push their IL to 11k much faster furthermore I see a lot of players with gear, that is not designed for their class, just to push their chars over the 11k mark. I hoped, that the random players involved in RQ would have better gear now, due to the fact, that ppl dont have an inventive, to que up with alt number 2-26.

You could get better gear (and enchants) just by completing the Ravenloft introduction, maybe we will see some progress. Furthermore it might help, if fresh lvl 70 players would get a link to their forums, at least so some of them would read some guides and know how to play their classes.

With the new gear I could push my praying alts without boons over 11k IL and to be honest, for the fun of it I did some RQ runs with them. They were better geared and did deal more dmg, then most of the ppl I did get grouped with.

PS. The praying alts I used were conqueror GFs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.