test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR PvP mod 14. How to Archer. Updated - tl,dr version.

Comments

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    @sandfox#5862 I usually avoid TR. They are a waste of time. Well except if they are hunting me, I use stealth to go against their stealth. When both stealth ran out, staying range gives us the upper hand. Forest ghost just gives u the extra stealth and its a good one when u can attack from it without revealing urself. Its a good skill for setting up counter attack. I use it when their stealth meter depleted to fire a few extra shots or for escape. Pathfinder action should work with forest ghost to give extra move speed. I personally would prefer High regen over forest meditation since I need that slot for forest ghost.
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Pathfinder's Action is bugged and doesn't work with Elven Battle, otherwise I would probably run it.

You make a good point--attacking from stealth without revealing yourself is really good and better than Ambush in that regard, so it makes sense to run it. I'll see if Regen works fast enough for healing out of combat.

I agree with you, best to ignore TRs in a match if you can. My desire to find an anti-TR build is primarily for if a TR is talking HAMSTER and wants to 1v1. If that happens to me I want to be able to kick their teeth in. Maybe better to just switch to Trapper or Combat for those situations? The only problem is that roots and Wilds Medicine got nerfed.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I led with Ambush's bonus damage and then entered stealth if needed. I wish we received a damage bonus like TRs when in stealth. Are you stunned so much that an Elven is needed?
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Argh, so many bad teams over the last two days. Scrub city. Whine, whinge, whine etc.

I used to run with thornward for TRs, but the buggers just come back once bloodbath is up. Best to leave TRs to other TRs or a pally and get back to mid to kill the ppl you can actually see. Tired of broken TRs tbh. Really hope mod14 just blows them right out of the water.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Argh, so many bad teams over the last two days. Scrub city. Whine, whinge, whine etc.

I used to run with thornward for TRs, but the buggers just come back once bloodbath is up. Best to leave TRs to other TRs or a pally and get back to mid to kill the ppl you can actually see. Tired of broken TRs tbh. Really hope mod14 just blows them right out of the water.

Amen to that and we are legion on that am sure ......
    edited May 2018

Are you stunned so much that an Elven is needed?

Without Elven, smoke bomb and stunlocks can be a problem. I wouldn't say I need it so much as it's very effective at eliminating stuns as an issue, which is a concrete advantage. Plus it gives you a lot of Stamina gain.

If not Elven, what would I run? My Deflect is high, so Shadowclad probably wouldn't proc much. My Defense is so low Negation probably wouldn't do anything either, assuming that the opponent has decent ArmPen. Are there better options? Thunderhead? Frostburn? Barkshield?
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Elven is the correct way to go with stealth archer. We depend on our mobility to stay alive.
    I am currently testing the Briar and liking it. The Thunderhead is decent for a quick stun, dip into stealth, then reset for the kill shot.

Ultimately, the Clad is best. Unless you go in challenging the node or pull someone and go toe2toe like I do, then Clad.

I saw something awesome this morning, a normally squishy GF running Briar and KV. It's a sweet build. Not easy to work him down 1v1.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    I got a Ring of the Spellflinger +5, which is great for my Archer Tank. Extra defense, plus 2.5% damage. I'm currently using it with Ring of the Curse Bringer for partial paralysis. If I can get a Ring of the Spellflinger +4 I'll stack that instead. With pots, and Shephard's Devotion, I should be able to get to 100% Deflect without using Shadowclad. (Adding Briar to that would be interesting.)

I also got a Ring of Ambush +5. Not sure how useful that is after the nerf, but I'm interested to see if I can get some good mileage out of it by using it to run to cap, or to pillars/upstairs without being seen/chased/stopped.

I started my Glass Canon loadout, which looks like it will do 50% more damage than Archer Tank at a significant cost to Defense. I'll probably use Ring of Offensive Action and Gravestriker +4. It should be interesting to switch back and forth--clear nodes fast until someone starts hunting me, respawn, switch to Archer Tank for 1v1, etc.

I've also maxed out Control Bonus using boons to try to extend the Daze from Disrupting shot an extra 40%. Hopefully it will Daze TRs long enough to hit them with Aimed Shot before they stealth.
    8k kills and counting...
  • meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

8k kills and counting...

Coming for you ;)
    Thoughts on Bilethorn or Frost weapon enchants?

One of the biggest issue for archers is getting chased around the map by melee players, especially GF. If we can get a 60% slow with Trans Bilethorn, that may mean having plenty of time to unload Aimed Shot while never being caught, effectively nerfing melee players in 1v1 situations.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this. Obviously this isn't a default setup, but maybe a useful option in specific circumstances.
    edited June 2018
    Okay, as mod13 draws to a close, the final scores on the doors for my rootin' tootin' manticore mane totin' pvp archer build.

I'm giving myself awards, since no-one else will.

Mass murderer : 9000 kills
    Perfect gentleman : over 7000 assists
    The envy of Lemmings : 4500 deaths (the highest on the LB lol)
    Big game hunter : every big name in pvp killed at least once, most of them much much more.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner : 700+ matches played, 40+ ahead on wins.
    Hitler's lovechild : the pvp grapevine tells me I am now one of the most hated players in the game.

Would I do it all again..? Well duh, of course ☺.

Post edited by jonkoca on
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Are you stunned so much that an Elven is needed?

Without Elven, smoke bomb and stunlocks can be a problem. I wouldn't say I need it so much as it's very effective at eliminating stuns as an issue, which is a concrete advantage. Plus it gives you a lot of Stamina gain.

If not Elven, what would I run? My Deflect is high, so Shadowclad probably wouldn't proc much. My Defense is so low Negation probably wouldn't do anything either, assuming that the opponent has decent ArmPen. Are there better options? Thunderhead? Frostburn? Barkshield?
    I just want to add something here.

I have had 50-60% Deflect out of combat (more in combat) and Shadowclad still procs very consistantly in PvP. The only annoying thing about it is its completely random... quite often triggering when you are attacking someone (due to reflects etc).
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Okay, as mod13 draws to a close, the final scores on the doors for my rootin' tootin' manticore mane totin' pvp archer build.

Big game hunter : every big name in pvp killed at least once, most of them much much more.
    Hitler's lovechild : the pvp grapevine tells me I am now one of the most hated players in the game.

Nice :)

I only played the 1st half of Mod 13 around 500 games... only played 10 this 2nd half. Taking a bit of a break from the game at the moment due to the shear volume of awful items ruining the game experience.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • stollebub#2468 stollebub Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    jonkoca said:

awesome! thanks for that experience thread jonkoca :) runnin archery build too on ps4, it's the most fun build I have ever had pvp wise, best part during dom is when a gf or pally from the opposing team tries to kill you the whole match and just runs over the map in order to find you haha its hilarious to watch them when they dont care about capping cause of our dmg
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    jonkoca said:

Nice job buddy
    Aravein pvp mod 12 did 1213 matches mod 13 absolutely 0/ Was so pissed off skipped mod 13 and have not decided on mod 14
    did manage to hit 18002 il just to see it but fighting il is 17677 il for PVE due to purple companions like tiger and hoping for the new 25% combat advantage pet/
    jonkoca said:

About 250 matches. 145 wins, 2700+ kills, 1800 ish deaths. 3k assists more or less. Only been PvPing the last few weeks in the new mod, so I'm happy with my numbers lol.

The new armor enchantment works pretty well, although missing the CC resist of the Elven. Will see how it goes.

Trying to get the Hags Rag (3% more ranged damage) for my Archer in the meantime,

P.S - went up against TRs and managed to whittle them down whilst NOT dying to their incessant bloodbath. That's a first I'd say XD
    edited July 2018
    New mod, new leaderboard. Look at page 1, who do I see..? Me. :)

Nothing really has changed about my build, I got hag's rags chest for an extra 3% damage on ranged, and swapped my gravestriker ring out for a bronzewood one, because I'm usually too wounded to qualify for the extra power. But am still looking around for a good ring with double offence and a good bonus. Also wondering about new boots, because it would be nice if I could dodge and not lose damage.

Updated the OP for mod14 gear choices.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I am very new to HR and my IL is around 11k+. Does this build works for mid-to-low IL range against TR and GF? My archer has 20k+ power and 17k arp but when i hit a GF (Godfinder) using a full rotation, it only take away maybe 5% of his HP, and if he lunged at me on top of pillar i am dead. For a TR it hits 25% of his hp per rotation but one dagger from WK or deft strike from MI then it is the end of game. Is this the normal situation in pvp or my IL is just too low for this build to shine?
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, in pvp, without pet, I'm 15k, and godfinder - though I can kill him if he's distracted - will one rotate me usually, especially if he pops his pay2win lion. This build is kinda needs good gear. I'm on 40k power, 100% arpen and 84% crit/155% critsev., and about 6k recovery.

For TRs I depend on manticore mane to kill them really, otherwise luck and prayers.
    edited July 2018
    jonkoca said:

New mod, new leaderboard. Look at page 1, who do I see..? Me. :)

Nothing really has changed about my build, I got hag's rags chest for an extra 3% damage on ranged, and swapped my gravestriker ring out for a bronzewood one, because I'm usually too wounded to qualify for the extra power. But am still looking around for a good ring with double offence and a good bonus. Also wondering about new boots, because it would be nice if I could dodge and not lose damage.

Updated the OP for mod14 gear choices.

The new boots are Melee damage only. Won't work for Archer powers xD
    edited July 2018
    Yea, couldn't really find any better than enduring on the collections page, unless some of the tarrota card gear is good.

On a side note, there are so few HRs in pvp. I counted 10 HRs in the top ten pages of the LB, roughly one a page. That's like 5% of the population or less. Sadness.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Good stuff! Lots of useful info. Thanks for putting this together. So you've been playing PVP Archer for a long time?
    Extraneous Typo

edited July 2018
    Archer for about 6 months now, but pvp since mod 2 came out many moons ago.

At the advice of another seasoned pvp'er, I'm also making a horrible trapper stunbot loadout if there are no tanks to potshot on the opposing team.
    edited July 2018
    Well goddamnit. Hag's Rags don't stack with eyestalk wrappers.

After fiddling about I decided to keep the rags and swap eyestalks for fearbringers, for the extra 3% bonus. Our dailies are mainly utility anyway. HAMSTER stats on fearbringers though. To regain arpen I swapped the SH power boon for arpen, and my mount bonus from 4k arpen to 2k power, which blows but eh, needs must etc. Squash soup makes up the difference in crit. Pots for power too.

I can just about scrape together 40k pow, 80% critchance and have 111% arpen, which ain't ideal but saves me money on arpen glyphs I guess, and I don't have to worry about bonuses not stacking or cancalling eachother out.

The pew-pew continues. Page 3, and second HR on the LB. Bloody Lync and his stunbot build lol.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Damn right we get enraged lmfao you don't kill the archer you are doomed lol.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    edited July 2018
    Why are you here Proteus??? You're going to BDO....

ha ha, I had to scroll to the top to see what thread I was posting in....

@jonkoca , why do you need that much ArPen? Did something change in Mod14 that you need it that high?
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Just shared your PVP build with my alliance for any HRs interested in PVP. The alliance recently setup a very nice Discord group and so I put this into the hunter ranger section and described you as "one of the most deadly HR PVP players today." I think that statement is reasonable, haha! Anyway, great that you are sharing about this because there are a lot of HRs looking for answers right now.
    Extraneous Typo

Cheers typo, hope the build is of some use, or at least gives some HRs a laugh in pvp, god knows our class needs that atm.

@TEUCER, I always aimed for about 100% arpen with glyph procs, but losing the arpen from my eyestalk wrappers meant my base arpen kinda sucked, especially with the stats on most of the new gear either being power/crit or power/arpen - and I coildn't really afford to drop crit either - so taking a hit to power from losing the SH power boon, but gaining all the arpen I'll ever need was the least of all the evils I faced.

With the new balance I seem to hit the high defence tanks harder, but the squishes a bit lower. After a little maths I've sacrificed roughly about 4k power for 8k arpen. I can also equip double slayer glyphs now, depending on which 2 classes need killing, with no loss to critchance or armor penetration, which is nice.