test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i love it, i dont have to play all those damn alts i hate anymore
  • pardeenaykid#3996 pardeenaykid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please don't do this. I have never really ran the dungeons for salvage. I don't like relying on other people to get me through content. I actually really enjoy running the random dungeon and skirmish on all 8 characters, its fun to play them all and get a nice break from the same old skills and rotations. But making this 1st run bonus only on the 1st toon to do it? That means for someone that isnt 7500 item level they have to run the same randoms 50-60 times?! Im 15k item level control wizard on ps4. I dont like running epics for salvage. Everyone plays the game they way they like because WE CAN. If you do this you are FORCING us to play the way YOU WANT. I still am missing archons and many other things that i will only be able to afford from grinding the randoms the way it is now. Please dont make us run epics with only 1 character over and over. I love this game so much. Its my first MMO and i really don't want to quit but this change will force me to quit. I wont have the time or be able to ever afford the items my character still needs to reach endgame. I have all the boons, all the 480 gear. This is the huge paywall that everyone reaches at 15k item level. The randoms are the only hope we have of slowly climbing this wall. Thanks for taking our feedback we all love your game, thats why we play.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Please don't do this. I have never really ran the dungeons for salvage. I don't like relying on other people to get me through content. I actually really enjoy running the random dungeon and skirmish on all 8 characters, its fun to play them all and get a nice break from the same old skills and rotations. But making this 1st run bonus only on the 1st toon to do it? That means for someone that isnt 7500 item level they have to run the same randoms 50-60 times?! Im 15k item level control wizard on ps4. I dont like running epics for salvage. Everyone plays the game they way they like because WE CAN. If you do this you are FORCING us to play the way YOU WANT. I still am missing archons and many other things that i will only be able to afford from grinding the randoms the way it is now. Please dont make us run epics with only 1 character over and over. I love this game so much. Its my first MMO and i really don't want to quit but this change will force me to quit. I wont have the time or be able to ever afford the items my character still needs to reach endgame. I have all the boons, all the 480 gear. This is the huge paywall that everyone reaches at 15k item level. The randoms are the only hope we have of slowly climbing this wall. Thanks for taking our feedback we all love your game, thats why we play.

this is the worst way to make money in game. there are other better ways. heck even just doing hunts in omu and trading lures and then selling the smops is a better way to make money. but there are a lot of other better ways. you just have to be creative. there is no paywall. I've been on xbox since a couple months after xbox launch. so I've done my time. I have 2 17k toons (although they share pet jewelry and enchants) I've taken a couple breaks from xbox in that time so Probably a year off. but the only money I've spent on the xbox platform has been for cosmetic stuff. and while I'm far from as rich as some of the people in game I somehow always seem to have a few million ad no matter how much i spend. there are a lot of things you can farm for ad or smops/gmops in this game. there are a lot of packs you can open and sell the contents of. you can make money off your daily vip key. salvage is good for something but it's the least of where my ad generation comes from. if that's your main ad source you're doing it wrong.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I would prefer better rewards for expert que, i see no reason why we need a small amount of rp as a replacement for an appropriate amount of rad.

So I'm not the only one thinking that.
    Seemed almost like a disincentive to me at first glance, but I figured maybe I was missing something - though maybe I am.
    free2pay said:

...New player with fresh level 70 character is getting futher and further behind with each module. Do you want to effectively tell new players "mod 14, please come join us to play Castle Ravenloft, after 1 year..." ? And when the next module hits, "mod 15, please come join us to play Castle xyz, after 2 years..."

The only way to get out of this dilemma is for the game to re-examine it drop rates, upgrade chance and refinement costs. Reduce the grind and reduce the RnG.

That's discouraging.

Coming to this game late is like watching the ship sail away. The crew tosses out the occasional life preserver for anyone who wants to swim for it, but it's still a daunting proposition.

It's one of the consequences of having a gearcentric combat system, I think. Every new development push makes an old one obsolete - like building a bridge by dismantling what's behind you. I can't help wondering how different things would be if they hadn't strayed so far from the essential d&d combat system. I love the game, and think the developers have done a great job, but this is the one aspect that I will never care for.

it is daunting for new players. that's for sure. it's one of the reasons i gave up on pc. the market being near cap along with the expensiveness of that platform made it impossible to progress at a good clip even if you had the experience. ps4 is similar to pc but still better. xbox is best at this point in time. worst comes to worse you can spend a day flipping ad in the adx until you have a decent payrole still. I think you can do that on ps4 still too.. it's just a bit harder. too many people lock the market in constantly.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2018

this is the worst way to make money in game. there are other better ways. heck even just doing hunts in omu and trading lures and then selling the smops is a better way to make money. but there are a lot of other better ways. you just have to be creative. there is no paywall. I've been on xbox since a couple months after xbox launch. so I've done my time. I have 2 17k toons (although they share pet jewelry and enchants) I've taken a couple breaks from xbox in that time so Probably a year off. but the only money I've spent on the xbox platform has been for cosmetic stuff. and while I'm far from as rich as some of the people in game I somehow always seem to have a few million ad no matter how much i spend. there are a lot of things you can farm for ad or smops/gmops in this game. there are a lot of packs you can open and sell the contents of. you can make money off your daily vip key. salvage is good for something but it's the least of where my ad generation comes from. if that's your main ad source you're doing it wrong.

You are saying is wrong but why it gets nerf then if it is wrong?

IF i like to make 300k from rough astral diamonds per day salvaging to many characters I bought with "zen" why they remove the option by adding this cap limit to 100k per account?

The main source of ad for me is salvage +random bonuses and varies from 100k to 600k per day and those are guarantee ad comparing to the other way s ( drops).
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

this is the worst way to make money in game.

On the contrary, doing RQ can be very lucrative and provide steady, predictable income that is not at the mercy of RNG (masterworks) or depends on not-so-bright people selling cheap and overpaying in AH.

When the AD and RQ changes were announced, I started saving all my salvage so I can use them to get the invoke AD from the DPS toons I will not be doing RQ with. All my four toons inventory look like this now, packed with salvage. And so are their bank slots. And mail is all full with T2 armor pieces. And for the past week, been salving every new piece I got because I need some room to pick up stuff.

I only do RQ skirmish, epic, and trials. If I did leveling also, that would be another 9K RAD per toon per day.

Needless to say, the biggest losers will be the players who endured and grinded all the campaigns on multiple toons so each can access the epic and trial RQ. Next biggest losers are players that took a more brute force approach with army of trash alts doing leveling and skirmish RQ.

I am actually looking forward to the change. I am quite tired of RQ grinding at this point. Even though RQ is way better then pre-RQ doing only eToS carrying multiple trash alts.

• hazecake#3486 hazecake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    capping ad this hard is the dumbest idea ive heard, 100k is ridiculous. IF there is any need to actually cap it at all, then atleast do a reasonable amount instead of 100k.
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    can you at least make the refine limit to 200k ad per day? :D
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Something other than changing the cap, more like a QOL change that we see more and more (which is nice):
    Could you make the Rough AD an account wide currency, just like zen? It would make purging the rough AD a lot nicer instead of swapping across characters until you have found the 100k total.

I cannot imagine that people up until now have more than 100mil rough AD across their characters, so it should be 'easy' (I'm a programmer, I know it never really is easy ;-), but there should be no complications like that).
  • thehunter#0731 thehunter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I don't see all the fuz people are doing here, i've been playing for a long time now and I know for a fact that if the AD incoming will be reduced price on things posted on AH will follow their price, people will still getting drops and selling it, I'm used to make roughly 300k AD/day btw, it can have multiples benefits and newcomer players will find the game more "even" between them and veterans.
  • stalker#7448 stalker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    after I had to buy a variety of unnecessary pg slots at the game just to refine, do you do this? And also prevent you from making real resumes at will (for a time that a person can devote) so as to be able to evolve more infretted, instead of hoping for an illusory drop from being able to sell at auction and make diamonds ........ .........
    NWO goodbye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have calculated (and verified in game) that a serious farmer in 8-10 hours can make over 3-400k of diamonds per day. This is the minimum amount on which to base the limit.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I do not think that things will change drastically even with the cap. Some prices might drop, others might increase.

Also, this idea that prices will drop doesn't really hold much rocks for me. I remember mod 3-4 with prices like 100.000.000 AD. Not sure if exploit or not, but astronomical prices won't change since those aren't governed by how much AD you can earn, but how many items are available. If there are 300+ items, their prices will drop constantly. If there's one or two it's prices will go nutz. It's basic economics.

Those with experience with Neverwinter Online know by now that investing and orienting yourself towards something that usually looks like a good deal will eventually be a dead zone. Use it while you can. But don't just use it, make something out of it. Think of everything you own as an investment. QQing about it despite knowing that it's a timed deal is distasteful.

Try thinking like this >>> Will it pay off by the time the new mod hits in? Think that you have between 3 and 6 months whenever a new mod barges in. Changes will follow.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    End of the day, all we needed was an the Auction house max lowered and the account wide zen orange mount. Everything else would fall into alignment. Why allow items to be posted for rediculous amounts of 20 million+? If max was say 5 million, more turnover would occur. As you've set it up over years. The long term beta+ players were slapped in the face for not acount farming and buying character slots to make characters to gain extra AD. All this did was get gold spammers to come back.( I swear a foreign interest has a tax defered gain here sometimes.. which would get people federal felonies in the know and on the take.) In ANY case, I still give your coconut smellin' selves high fives for the effort to really try and work it out. Economics in any format is troublesome. Drop the market cap on AH. Fix the CW. That last nerf was 66% total dps loss for the class. It looks like the cw dmg is performing as it did when the lvl 70 expansion happened and its power readings still listed lvl 60 dmg. ..something is way off. The GWF has become the sole dps focus in game, which is nuts again. the total dps in destroyer needs to be partially distributed to sentinel and instigator. Instigator path overall needs a rework since beta. I came in on 12b drop day and tasted of the sweat in the air. I know you guys are pushing hard. You bit BIG hands in this crowd. I've already talked to many. They know that wasn't the point, but that is what you did. *pats back, hands beer*, we still love you. Figure it out.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    what i see, perma 500 to 1 on exchange and bottleneck
  • winterlloyd#1977 winterlloyd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Rough Astral Diamond Refinement cap has been raised to 100,000 a day and is now an account wide limit. You can refine 100,000 on a single character or across multiple characters.
    [...]
    The first run bonuses are now account gated meaning that only one character can earn those first run bonuses per day.

Are you serious? If I can only get ~40k rough AD account-wise from random queues, where the hell do I earn the remanining 60k? By farming dozens of HEs in the River District and salvaging the stuff I buy with the sigils? By grinding hunts in Chult, which are already exhaustingly obnoxious as a game concept per se? By grinding EToS or Tuern over and over? Hell, the random queues weren't the funniest thing out there, but at least you knew that by doing them all on each character you could get your fair share of ADs. Do you developers even know what "fun" is? Definetely no, judging by the already insane amount of boring, extremely repetitive, daily grind and/or astonishing luck in drops this game requires. Are you still wondering what makes people quit? I'm not gonna spend one more single euro on this game.

EDIT:
    Oh, and what a f-ing joke the Advanced queue is. If you do it by yourself you either pray for Demogorgon Master to come out or you're most likely done. Since your incredibly accurate rating says that people at 11k can get into MSP, FBI and SVA, I end up quitting most of the times because my team just can't get through such dungeons and I, as a 13.2k CW, can't do anything to try to "carry" because my GS is pretty low as well, so I can't actually get the Advanced Queue done if my expert guildmates aren't available to run me through this nightmare. What a nice job.

But the best joke is your way of handling this. You put this post here more than a month ago and asked for "feedback". Most of the people told you they didn't want this madcrap bullsh*t to happen, and yet you didn't change a single thing and pushed it into live without giving a f. What a bunch of jesters.
    Post edited by winterlloyd#1977 on
  • wintermoon25wintermoon25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Once again you take away a means for players to earn AD. First it was take away the AD you could craft using Leadership, can't have that, then it was invoking, then you lowered the amount you get from salvage. Now you make a cap that is just ludicrous since you could refine way more each day with alts (and most of us have several we paid Zen to get the slots for) but to put the rotten cherry on top of that lame idea now we can only earn a fraction from random ques. Once again you show you don't care how much player base you lose, and push the game even further down the road of pay to play/win which has been the death of lots of other games. If your intent was to stop bots then maybe you should make it so the game is not so easy for bots to take advantage of and stop HAMSTER over loyal players who spend money and time on your game. I used to spend a fair amount, but I won't be doing that any longer. I know people don't sell their ZEN for AD because it really is not even worth it, and to change how it currently is will only screw over the market. I really hope you reconsider this change and make it how it used to be. The game is already low on player base, this will only make it worse.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Once again you take away a means for players to earn AD. First it was take away the AD you could craft using Leadership, can't have that, then it was invoking, then you lowered the amount you get from salvage. Now you make a cap that is just ludicrous since you could refine way more each day with alts (and most of us have several we paid Zen to get the slots for) but to put the rotten cherry on top of that lame idea now we can only earn a fraction from random ques. Once again you show you don't care how much player base you lose, and push the game even further down the road of pay to play/win which has been the death of lots of other games. If your intent was to stop bots then maybe you should make it so the game is not so easy for bots to take advantage of and stop HAMSTER over loyal players who spend money and time on your game. I used to spend a fair amount, but I won't be doing that any longer. I know people don't sell their ZEN for AD because it really is not even worth it, and to change how it currently is will only screw over the market. I really hope you reconsider this change and make it how it used to be. The game is already low on player base, this will only make it worse.

i already lost few friends to this change and to the ridiculous change to PVP that was done to TR after we expected some nerf we didn't get anything of the sort and class is still ruling then this change to AD hit live today and my friends tossed thier accounts and left for other games.
    this change is ridiculous as AD earned by players will drop and now the medicore players have no way to reach end game and there is not even a substitue to getting ad
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

So going from comments.. backlog from ps4/Xbox went out the window. Around how the AD backlog was due to the Jubilee even / sale. Other half due to bots. So in short. The reasoning devs used for this change of 100k AD due to AD backlog is officially out the window.

No, the root problem ("too much AD in the game, especially on PC") is still there. PC exchange backlog is still around 10 million, which is way down from "the weeks before an expected 40% off on all items sale" and also a zen charge bonus.

This is a small baby step towards fixing the Too Much AD Problem.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Once upon a time, there was a backlog way above the 21m AD mark on the PC side, during that time we would get rAD from Leadership tasks and even invoking. They removed those options a long time ago, and guess what?
    It took a while, but the backlog went into those crazy hights again...

The same is going to happen again, plus some extra fun from all the "advertisement" the AD sellers are going to throw into the chat from now on, since this change plays right into their hands - guess who has thousands upon thousands of accounts and no problem with this new limit?

They should have started "fixing" this "problem" by coming up with ZEN charge promotions that are actually worth something, that go from start to finish without forcing the players to chase after the rewards through the support, or changing the description on the promotion over and over again until it might actually represent how it works in game.

I doubt that this will change much, and the backlog will continue his dance between events and promotions as usual.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    regenerde said:

guess who has thousands upon thousands of accounts and no problem with this new limit?

I'm guessing the ones who can be banned for clear violation of TOS. A pretty convenient way to confiscate lots of AD assets if they come up with a way to accurately detect these players.
  • jcgd69#4058 jcgd69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hey people because instead of complaining, you do not take actions from the company because they do not take into account the opinion of us players because we are the ones who keep them, we are the ones who spend, and this company does what it does who want without our opinion they care to take arbitrary decisions without any kind of consultation. and if there is any query, it is a very small group of players that does not represent the total of the community.

We should also join all as players and make a protest against this type of action and realize that their decisions affect the community...
This discussion has been closed.