test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.100.20180611a.6

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's Ravenloft launch maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10936423

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mayathesoftmayathesoft Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    •Strongholds: The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power. ?????
    Could please clarify. What about the conquerer's shards we have in stock, not speaking of the stronghold chests of power we have bought in prevision of the 2x shard event of july.
    We are, as many, a PVE guild and have no intention to build pvp SH structures for the time being.
    Hopefully there will be a transition period allowing us to convert at least those conqueror's shards we already have in stock.
    Thanking you for the quick response
    Post edited by mayathesoft on
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Prolly less player doing pvp.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    " The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power"

Thanks!
    It was very hard to make guildies do pvp.
    Post edited by kozi001 on
  • inebrietyinebriety Member Posts: 5 Arc User

•Strongholds: The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power. ?????
    Could please clarify. What about the conquerer's shards we have in stock, not speaking of the stronghold chests of power we have bought in prevision of the 2x shard event of july.
    We are, as many, a PVE guild and have no intention to build pvp SH structures for the time being.
    Hopefully there will be a transition period allowing us to convert at least those conqueror's shards we already have in stock.
    Thanking you for the quick response

Yeah, pretty much this. I agree with and understand the long-term change and its usefulness but the people who recently bought shard packs for PvE guilds just got their shard packs devalued by 25% with no real warning. And the thousands of conq shards in the current coffer are almost wasted now.

Perhaps a new "PvE Stronghold Chest of Power" zen pack with the same price and 133 heroic/adv/dungeon shards or 4 new individual shard packs, with 400 of one type so people can just pick the type of shard they need? Otherwise, that's a bit bait-and-switchy for a zen purchase since this is stuff people spent money on.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Dude nothing else in the patch notes mattered once i heard we can FINALLY turn off those obnoxious weapon and armor enchants singlehandedly the most annoying thing in the game to me.

So Thank you for finally making it happen.
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    "Strongholds: The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power."

Somehow this game manages to make even its attempts at good acts in the most negative way possible. Mixing PVE and PVP people 2 populations that despise each other, should never have been done in the first place. Great for removing that.

However now the 25k conqueror shards that I have sitting in our guilds coffer are now useless. Thats 2500 domination matches wasted. ..and I cant use even 1 of them because of the lack of a long term announcement that this was going to happen. Its going to take another 2 weeks for our guild hall to finish upgrading and on that very day we could have used them to upgrade our barracks structure, but thanks to this we get nothing. Thanks.. thanks alot /s.

There needs to be some sort of conqueror shard to adventurer shard conversion for those of us that now have nothing to do and spend many MANY long hours working to get these conqueror shards in the cess poll that is PVP.
  • kaylealin#5403 kaylealin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    "Strongholds: The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power."

Well. Glad I spent so much time showing up to BID. Now my pile of conqueror's shards is worthless. This change would have been welcome years ago, when it was first pointed out as being a problem. Now that my guild JUST about has all the conqueror's shards it will ever need for the Barracks, this change comes.
  • neoshadoxneoshadox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Adding my 2 AD here too. Our guild also has 21k Conqueror's Shards leftover in the coffer, and we have no intention of building PVP buildings. A mechanism to convert these to Adventurer's Shards would be appreciated as this change was pretty sudden. Alternatively, the ability to "pay" for the Barracks upgrade with either Conqueror's or Adventurer's would be great, as we only collected them for that particular building.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Throne of the Dwarven Gods: Thoon Hulks are now immune to crowd control while using their charge power."

You are gods amongst men.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I personally think the change with the Barracks should have been mentioned a lot earlier than this, but I welcome the change. My whole Xbox alliance is jumping for joy, but then, we are finding out months in advance rather than hours.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    "The Leaver penalty now affects an entire account, rather than just the character who left."
    RED/Heros Account - RIP
    This prevents anyone from ever queuing RED or Hero´s Accord again outside a premade group.
    I did from time to time some RED/mSP, even Heros Accord/tong, pulling some weaker player though content, but won´t do that again, since the penalty for all chars is not to accept.
    I need to have the choice to leave a group, if I recognize that a tank and 3 dps fail to kill a group of 3 mobs right at the start of Valindras Tower, that´s not to accept, sorry.
    On the other hand trollplayer may stop spoiling those queues once and for all, if they recognize that noone will join their random run in future.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    After reading the patch notes of today there is 1 thing that I must ask and I am sure that many others would like to know this as well. Will this patch include a fix for the master spellplague kabal boss fight? The issues where the chains some times bug out and cant be broken until someone logs out and back in? if not will there be a fix for this issue any time soon?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Hope dwarven Helmets are part of the clippin fixed, love the CW wanderer wizard hat but it clips on my head...
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i see apocal gear gwf removing "POWER" how much more will you nerf I can not understand for the power.
  • beatrixloki#1072 beatrixloki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Will the master craft gear also be increased to IL 135 to match the primal gear?
  • vulpasvulpasvulpasvulpas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Will those PvE guilds who farmed or bought Conquerer's shards for use in the Barracks be given a way to exchange those now worthless shards for adventurers shards or are we just being ripped off. Making this change with no notice or plan to allow us to swap shards is just plain robbery. Cryptic has taken players time and money here and left us high and dry. My guild now has conquerer shards in our coffer and more stashed in private banks ready for donatation as our coffer capacity increased that are of no use to us now, additionally we now have to farm yet more adventures which are a major issue for us as a small guild.

If cryptic has any sense of good public relations they need to either give us a method to exchange shards or reverse this change immediately and concede, that whilst they got this wrong when they set the initial stronghold build targets the fix being made now is actually just as bad as they have effectively taken people money under false pretences.

The only fair and honest way out for Cryptic now is to say we made a mess here, Give us method to swap comquerer shards that could be time limited ,say 60 days. then implement the change to adventurers shards whilst also creating more ways to earn these shards.

I can only hope common sense and decency wins the day , but the cynic in me says thats unlikely and we are going to get ripped off yet again.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Will we be able to convert our conqueror shards to Adventurer shards?

My guild is level 18 and we have enough of the conqueror shards to upgrade our barracks to level 10 under the old settings. We are on PC and I just found out about this today. We are also waiting on our adventurer shards to upgrade the last 4 buildings to get to upgrade to level 20 stronghold. This will set back my guild a lot because we now have a PvE guild who put in a lot of effort to upgrade our power boon as high as possible to only have what we need to work on changed out from under us. This makes me sad since a lot of people have been working very hard towards this that now everything we did to get those shards has essentially been invalidated.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    can't it be made so that both count towards the upgrade? just combine them into the same shard?
  • shaleych#5171 shaleych Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The new shift animation of the cleric is terrible. Make a smooth transition or return the old animation.
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    so that seems like a pretty hefty nerf to hunter ranger damage with the change to piercing blades. At least to the combat paragon tree. Hunters haven't had a viable daily in like 2 years and now they get another shaft. That's pretty harsh