test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• chrsty740chrsty740 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Thank you for letting me know that. So seals are staying wich will help a lot, they just don't say it :P

chrsty740 said:

1st i have all these things , AND It still is not easy , you have to have the IL to run those dungeons for seals at epic , so if you dont you can't and if you do provided no one drops on you cause your not 15k you may get something good. if you cant its 1time for ad if not in random you dont get protectors seals unless that skirmish or dungeonwich lvl dungeons dont give it .So its seal farmig instead of ad and still farming items for certian things to upgrade your armor, And regarless I this is my opion and you have yours but it is so not easy 10hrs a day i play i can get into most epic not me i am worried about , it will as i say with limited ways to earn ad be harder for new and up and coming I bought my armor the knocked it down 5 points I paid real money for it, I sit right now at 11.5 somewhere in there for me its cool I can still salvage but what of those who have to run the lvlin dungeons 1nce a day for ad and seals are seal amounts On RQ going to stay for repeat, They do not provide detailed info As i said I like the cap But not the RQ change I hate RQ it's a chore i would rather do quest but others rely on that to buy what they need When there too low IL to run for salvage, unless some one carrries. Just a thought is all, and still the RQ were put in to make those lower dungeon's pop guess they dont care about it would help a lot if they would impliment Seals of protecto in lvl dungeons for those who dont make IL. Just my thoughts BTW ty for your reply I hope you are right about new players Getting it easy. And i hope the put seals in lvling dungeon for 60+ that dont meet IL, It will at least give the chance at better armor.
    Thank you for your time again and have a nice day

You need almost nothing to earn seal of the brave in mod 14 because your level 70 character can earn seal of the brave from running RQ level dungeon (those are below level 70). Your item level 11.5 character is more than enough to run those. That gives you item level 500 gear. No AD needed. That is even better of what you were asking above.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    free2pay said:

I would like a solid argument as to why you feel that you should be rewarded to the same extend as the players who spend more time in the game than you.

The more work you do, the more you should be rewarded!

Let's assume Player A had 1 account and only 1 character, Player B had 1 account but 8 characters. Both spent exactly 5 hours in game daily doing quests and salvaging, invoking. Both earned exactly 60K rAD each per account. Yet player B had more AD (and probably more wards) refined than player A just on day 1. Multiply that by 30 days. Player B now could afford things that Player A couldn't. Now Player A has caught on and felt compelled to create 7 other characters as well. Player B then complained that content was too easy and there was nothing left for him to do. The game then raised the IL requirement of the next module so that Player B has some challenge. Multiply that cycle by 13 mods. Player B is now BiS and now there is a refinement cap per account. Player A leaves. Who benefited from refinement cap? New players?

chrsty740 said:

We need ad for better wepons, gear and enchantments now it will take new and up and coming players a lot longer than before to get to end content and actually be able to do it well.

I don't think there is a better time to be a new player come mod 14.

Close to 50% of the acceptable (not minimum) IL requirement to get into group to do the latest content/campaign comes from "upgrades" (bondings/companions/enchantments) which often has a RnG wall (think legendary mount). Upgrades need ADs. A 17 IL character has spent more ADs than a new player coming in at 8K IL, the bulk of this ADs spent on activities revolving upgrading of some form.

We can probably measure all activities in term of ADs. Estimate the ADs required to get BiS and convert that in term of time, based on the rate at which refined AD is earned. Assuming it took Player B one year (with 8 characters refining ADs) to get to where he is today (before refinement cap), it will take new player more than one year to get BiS after refinement cap is introduced, assuming drop rate isn't changed.

New players will then have to decide for themsleves whether it's worth investing the time (and money) and whether it's a level playing field. Are they patient and willing to wait more that 1 year to run content that the "elites" are currently running. With each new module, the minimum IL requirement to get into group to do contents/campaigns gets higher. New player with fresh level 70 character is getting futher and further behind with each module. Do you want to effectively tell new players "mod 14, please come join us to play Castle Ravenloft, after 1 year..." ? And when the next module hits, "mod 15, please come join us to play Castle xyz, after 2 years..."

The only way to get out of this dilemma is for the game to re-examine it drop rates, upgrade chance and refinement costs. Reduce the grind and reduce the RnG.
    A few upgrades need AD. Most upgrades to get to rank 12 enchants are free, if you are patient. Most people are not patient and want things now. If you want to speed up the process, you can pull out your wallet. Nothing wrong with that. The game needs to make money to survive.

You can get most things for upgrades for free.

Invoking gives you pres wards and coal wards. Dread Ring lairs gives you MoP, GMoP, SMoP, and refining stones up to rank 12. Running dungeons, skirmishes and doing special events gives you companions, gear, mounts, coal wards, pres wards and more. The AD you gain along the way is enough to get you the things you need.

Is it enough to get you a legendary mount? No. Is it enough to get you BiS in every slot. No. But you do not need to be BiS to play all the content in the game. There are plenty of guilds that cater to every type of player. It is very easy to upgrade. Just pay attention. The path is easy to walk.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    free2pay said:

Close to 50% of the acceptable (not minimum) IL requirement to get into group to do the latest content/campaign comes from "upgrades" (bondings/companions/enchantments) which often has a RnG wall (think legendary mount). Upgrades need ADs. A 17 IL character has spent more ADs than a new player coming in at 8K IL, the bulk of this ADs spent on activities revolving upgrading of some form.

New players can get all primal armor gear by running leveling dungeons. There are plenty of cheap artifact equipment and companions in the AH. And slap on cheap R8 enchantments and runestones from the AH and the new player can do the latest mod 14 campaign, and all other recent mods if they choose. Something like this hasn't been possible for many modules.

True they will not be able to do Castle Ravenloft for a long time, and probably never will. But that is okay since the end game runs have always been the realm of the elites.
  • dearanyone32#6862 dearanyone32 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @vincentr6669 said:
    > Since you are making AD cap per account you should also make it per week. You devs could set 1 million AD per week (it's the equivalent of 142.857 per day) so now us (the players) don't feel forced to play everyday to farm AD. In case you guys follow my suggestion, then obviously Bonus rAD from Random Queues should be multiplied by 7 and achievable only the first time you complete Leveling/Intermediate/Advanced queues on the week (instead of the first time on the day). Expert queues should give AD instead of RP.

Just because you are super casual player you want the devs to change the game even more in your favor? They already cater too much to the 10k item level players who have been playing for years and still have epic mounts. 1 mill per week is the worst idea I've heard yet and can only assume you suggested that to work for you. That change would only help newer/beyond casual players who don't support the game much anyways.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    chrsty740 said:

Thank you for letting me know that. So seals are staying wich will help a lot, they just don't say it :P

Actually, they have said it multiple times.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    chrsty740 said:

chrsty740 said:

1st i have all these things , AND It still is not easy , you have to have the IL to run those dungeons for seals at epic , so if you dont you can't and if you do provided no one drops on you cause your not 15k you may get something good. if you cant its 1time for ad if not in random you dont get protectors seals unless that skirmish or dungeonwich lvl dungeons dont give it .So its seal farmig instead of ad and still farming items for certian things to upgrade your armor, And regarless I this is my opion and you have yours but it is so not easy 10hrs a day i play i can get into most epic not me i am worried about , it will as i say with limited ways to earn ad be harder for new and up and coming I bought my armor the knocked it down 5 points I paid real money for it, I sit right now at 11.5 somewhere in there for me its cool I can still salvage but what of those who have to run the lvlin dungeons 1nce a day for ad and seals are seal amounts On RQ going to stay for repeat, They do not provide detailed info As i said I like the cap But not the RQ change I hate RQ it's a chore i would rather do quest but others rely on that to buy what they need When there too low IL to run for salvage, unless some one carrries. Just a thought is all, and still the RQ were put in to make those lower dungeon's pop guess they dont care about it would help a lot if they would impliment Seals of protecto in lvl dungeons for those who dont make IL. Just my thoughts BTW ty for your reply I hope you are right about new players Getting it easy. And i hope the put seals in lvling dungeon for 60+ that dont meet IL, It will at least give the chance at better armor.

You need almost nothing to earn seal of the brave in mod 14 because your level 70 character can earn seal of the brave from running RQ level dungeon (those are below level 70). Your item level 11.5 character is more than enough to run those. That gives you item level 500 gear. No AD needed. That is even better of what you were asking above.
    It is not just mentioned many times in this thread.
    It is also on the first page of the "official" thread of RQ.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1239984/official-feedback-thread-changes-to-random-queues/p1

Because we have reduced the number of random queues, we have also adjusted the payout for random queues, including role bonuses. (VIP AD bonuses not included. Leveling queue rewards indicated are for level 70 players, pre-level 70 players will receive seals of adventure and the same amount of AD.)

Random: Leveling Queue — 8,000 AD 60 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 1,000 AD / 20 Seals)
    Random: Intermediate Queue — 12,000 AD 100 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 2,000 AD / 30 Seals | Role Bonus: 2,400 AD)
    Random: Advanced Queue — 15,000 AD 120 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 3,000 AD / 40 Seals | Role Bonus: 3,000 AD)
    Random: Expert Queue — 2,500 RP 20 Seals of the Crown (Repeat: 1,000 RP / 10 Seals | Role Bonus: 5,000 AD)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • angelsunstarangelsunstar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you for the info this was the first thread i found on it . Have a great day
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I would prefer better rewards for expert que, i see no reason why we need a small amount of rp as a replacement for an appropriate amount of rad.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I would prefer better rewards for expert que, i see no reason why we need a small amount of rp as a replacement for an appropriate amount of rad.

So I'm not the only one thinking that.
    Seemed almost like a disincentive to me at first glance, but I figured maybe I was missing something - though maybe I am.
    free2pay said:

...New player with fresh level 70 character is getting futher and further behind with each module. Do you want to effectively tell new players "mod 14, please come join us to play Castle Ravenloft, after 1 year..." ? And when the next module hits, "mod 15, please come join us to play Castle xyz, after 2 years..."

The only way to get out of this dilemma is for the game to re-examine it drop rates, upgrade chance and refinement costs. Reduce the grind and reduce the RnG.

That's discouraging.

Coming to this game late is like watching the ship sail away. The crew tosses out the occasional life preserver for anyone who wants to swim for it, but it's still a daunting proposition.

It's one of the consequences of having a gearcentric combat system, I think. Every new development push makes an old one obsolete - like building a bridge by dismantling what's behind you. I can't help wondering how different things would be if they hadn't strayed so far from the essential d&d combat system. I love the game, and think the developers have done a great job, but this is the one aspect that I will never care for.
  • angelsunstarangelsunstar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I saw in here somewhere a talk of subsriptions I would be ok with a volentary sub as long as it was good and did not boost the buyer's game play I will pay to play not pay to win , Perhaps free vip free boost in bank space a set amount of shared slots and a couple of extra keys a month maybe paid sub only purple mount and companion Boa and reclaimable a discount in zen market for like $15 a month, something like that I would pay for totally and it would help a game i love to play though it is kooky at times. If that would help to pay to fix & run everything yes please, and not allowed to buy it with zen.

As for ad overage I would like to see A lot more in game for ad maybe account bound armor & items like with seals that would be cool at lower levels . Perhaps the rarer prof resources on a vendor n make them all account bound. You wouldn't be ables to refine the armor you would have to throw away Or lots of thing for trans, and lastly An outfit vendor for ad Bound account items only.

The changes they will be gotten over and we will get used to them till they change again. Thats the way it always is at least your trying to fix a problem you see that is better than pretending it's not there.

thanks all and reguardless of the changes we still love NW and i personally love all the content hours upon hours of gameplay awesome!
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

chrsty740 said:

chrsty740 said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1239984/official-feedback-thread-changes-to-random-queues/p1

Because we have reduced the number of random queues, we have also adjusted the payout for random queues, including role bonuses. (VIP AD bonuses not included. Leveling queue rewards indicated are for level 70 players, pre-level 70 players will receive seals of adventure and the same amount of AD.)

Random: Leveling Queue — 8,000 AD 60 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 1,000 AD / 20 Seals)
    Random: Intermediate Queue — 12,000 AD 100 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 2,000 AD / 30 Seals | Role Bonus: 2,400 AD)
    Random: Advanced Queue — 15,000 AD 120 Seals of the Brave (Repeat: 3,000 AD / 40 Seals | Role Bonus: 3,000 AD)
    Random: Expert Queue — 2,500 RP 20 Seals of the Crown (Repeat: 1,000 RP / 10 Seals | Role Bonus: 5,000 AD)
    you will only be able to do 1 rq of each segment per account(1 leveling, 1 intermidiate, 1 advanced and 1 expert queue), and some have ef res req. that most player dont have yet or their chars arent strong to do it under 30 min, rq looks like a good seal farm spot but its not.
    edited June 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

chrsty740 said:

chrsty740 said:

you will only be able to do 1 rq of each segment per account(1 leveling, 1 intermidiate, 1 advanced and 1 expert queue), and some have ef res req. that most player dont have yet or their chars arent strong to do it under 30 min, rq looks like a good seal farm spot but its not.
    Incorrect. You can keep on doing RQ level dungeon forever. It is you have less stuff if you repeat it. In theory, you can get everything for a toon in one day if you are crazy enough. People already plan to go crazy during 2xseal (July 12).

Pay attention to:

(Repeat: 1,000 AD / 20 Seals)

Full set of 4 piece Primal gear needs 1800 seals. In 90 level dungeon runs, one fresh level 70 will have a better full 4 pieces than my current best character .
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2018

Incorrect. You can keep on doing RQ level dungeon forever. It is you have less stuff if you repeat it. In theory, you can get everything for a toon in one day if you are crazy enough. People already plan to go crazy during 2xseal (July 12).

Pay attention to:

AFAIK you can get 20 seals of the brave from doing a quick SHE in Barovia. That is a much faster way to farm seals. No need to RQ for them.
    edited June 2018
    onodrain said:

Pay attention to:

AFAIK you can get 20 seals of the brave from doing a quick SHE in Barovia. That is a much faster way to farm seals. No need to RQ for them.
    That would be even easier. :) However, a fresh level 70 may not be able handle that but I am sure they can handle level dungeons.

I can imagine I will see the Elemental Fire BHE kind of craziness again. i.e. everyone will time when the BHE will drop in each available instance.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Primal gear (bought with Seals of the Brave) will essentially become the entry-level gear for new 70s, and there are advantages and disadvantages to this.

On the positive side, this will slightly reduce the gear gap between "fresh" 70s and those with thousands of hours of playtime. The Primal gear will make it slightly easier for new players to do the campaigns and build up their characters to the point where they can handle the hardest content.

On the negative side, this means that even more gear becomes obsolete, and some of the campaigns no longer have any significant rewards gear-wise. You do them for the boons and that's it.

Another issue is that the "upgrade path" from Primal is short. Yes, you can go for Vivified Primal, but if you can handle CoDG, you can probably do CR as well, so Barovian gear would be a better choice. Alternatively, for some classes/builds, some of the IL 540 items might be BiS, but that's it. There are essentially just two levels of gear for 70s now - you go straight from entry-level gear to final BiS gear. For many people this hurts the sense of progression.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited June 2018

That would be even easier. :) However, a fresh level 70 may not be able handle that but I am sure they can handle level dungeons.

I can imagine I will see the Elemental Fire BHE kind of craziness again. i.e. everyone will time when the BHE will drop in each available instance.

People run River District SHE groups during 2x seals now. Those seals will change to Brave with the M14. I would expect there would be SHE groups people can join, just like what happens in River District. So iLevel is pretty insignificant. The most important thing to know is...do not accept the rewards while you are doing your SHE group. Accept the rewards when you are at the seal vendor. The seals hit your inventory when you accept the rewards. While there is no cap to how many Brave seals you can earn, I believe there is an inventory cap of 1200. By accepting the SHE rewards at the seal vendor, you can buy equipment and stay under the cap at all times.

An added bonus in Barovia, I think you get Barovian coins from SHE's, too. If the vendor on test goes live with the same products, you can get a crate with one random piece of equipment for 250 barovian coins. This equipment is up to iLevel 540 on test.

It is pretty insane that people want to complain about how difficult it is to upgrade equipment, when it is really easy. You just need to understand the system.

My favorite Blade quote, "Some mother***ers just want to skate uphill!"
    Post edited by onodrain on
    onodrain said:

It is pretty insane that people want to complain about how difficult it is to upgrade equipment, when it is really easy. You just need to understand the system.

Sure. It's pretty easy for armor. It's a long, long road to upgrading enchantments and artifacts, though. And that doesn't even count runestones for companions!

onodrain said:

Sure. It's pretty easy for armor. It's a long, long road to upgrading enchantments and artifacts, though. And that doesn't even count runestones for companions!
    You only need enchants to rank 10 to get your iLevel to 13000. That is easy to do. Get in a good guild with like minded people. (a guild provides up to 1500 in iLevel) It is not difficult. A good guild alliance will do end content with people who are not top iLevel.

It is a myth that you have to be BiS to play the end game. It is more important to know how to play your class and be a competent player who is not playing while drinking or baked.

When I played other games and did raids, it was always an issue that people drank or did drugs. The group wasted hours because some lugnut wanted to toke their peace pipe and play. While you can do a lot of content in an altered state, they make some of the game mechanics too difficult.
    edited June 2018
    onodrain said:

People run River District SHE groups during 2x seals now. Those seals will change to Brave with the M14. I would expect there would be SHE groups people can join, just like what happens in River District. So iLevel is pretty insignificant. The most important thing to know is...do not accept the rewards while you are doing your SHE group. Accept the rewards when you are at the seal vendor. The seals hit your inventory when you accept the rewards. While there is no cap to how many Brave seals you can earn, I believe there is an inventory cap of 1200. By accepting the SHE rewards at the seal vendor, you can buy equipment and stay under the cap at all times.

An added bonus in Barovia, I think you get Barovian coins from SHE's, too. If the vendor on test goes live with the same products, you can get a crate with one random piece of equipment for 250 barovian coins. This equipment is up to iLevel 540 on test.

My favorite Blade quote, "Some mother***ers just want to skate uphill!"
    I am one of them and I do that in 2xseal and half price seal discount event.
    However, a fresh level 70 may not be able to do that easily but they can always tag along during 2x seals and the beginning of mod 14.
    onodrain said:

onodrain said:

You only need enchants to rank 10 to get your iLevel to 13000. That is easy to do. Get in a good guild with like minded people. (a guild provides up to 1500 in iLevel) It is not difficult. A good guild alliance will do end content with people who are not top iLevel.

It is a myth that you have to be BiS to play the end game. It is more important to know how to play your class and be a competent player who is not playing while drinking or baked.

When I played other games and did raids, it was always an issue that people drank or did drugs. The group wasted hours because some lugnut wanted to toke their peace pipe and play. While you can do a lot of content in an altered state, they make some of the game mechanics too difficult.
    Yeah, I played once with a guy who was always drunk when he played. (This was not Neverwinter.) He eventually quit that game and I have to admit that I did not miss him.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

> @vincentr6669 said:

> Since you are making AD cap per account you should also make it per week. You devs could set 1 million AD per week (it's the equivalent of 142.857 per day) so now us (the players) don't feel forced to play everyday to farm AD. In case you guys follow my suggestion, then obviously Bonus rAD from Random Queues should be multiplied by 7 and achievable only the first time you complete Leveling/Intermediate/Advanced queues on the week (instead of the first time on the day). Expert queues should give AD instead of RP.

Just because you are super casual player you want the devs to change the game even more in your favor? They already cater too much to the 10k item level players who have been playing for years and still have epic mounts. 1 mill per week is the worst idea I've heard yet and can only assume you suggested that to work for you. That change would only help newer/beyond casual players who don't support the game much anyways.

Whaaaaat? I have 6 characters and play almost everyday, i'm far from being casual player lol

The point is that the devs are going to change the AD cap whether you like it or not, whether i like it or not, whether ANYONE like it or not.

Since they will set an account cap, then at least i'm giving suggestion to make this cap a tiny bit higher (because 1 million per week is more than 100k per day) and also less frustrating to achieve for those players that have only the weekend or so to play.
    edited June 2018
    It's their game. They can do whatever they want, whether anyone likes it or not. They can base the next class off of singing bananas if they feel like it - heck, the last one was a silly iguanaman that can't wear hats. Don't much care how many dollars someone's burned on their characters, or how long they've played - it doesn't represent any real skin in the game - all that buys is the privilege to whine and complain and blurt out suggestions, and that's plenty fun right there.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Control how fast the AD made from a trade/transaction, is re-introduced back into the economy, based on the quantities of AD transacted. So for any item transacted between 0 to 200K ADs range, the seller will receive up to the full 200K immediately.
    However, if the item was sold between 200K to 400K ADs, seller only receives 200K first (the rest is locked), and have to wait one day before receiving the rest. And for 400K to 600K AD price tag, the ADs will be spread over 3 days (with seller only unlocking up to 200K per day of the sale proceeds). And finally, an item sold at 100mil ADs, the seller will have to wait 500 days before recovering the full sum.

Similar control has to set for the buyer. He has to wait the same number of days before that item can be resold at original purchase price. However he can choose to resell immediately at 0 to 200K ADs. And after waiting one day, he can resell at 200K to 400K ADs. So on and so forth.

Introduce a mechanism similar to rough Astral Diamond (rAD) to keep tab of Astral Diamonds made from trading and lock them. Call it sales Astral Diamond (sAD) XD. You can reuse the coding for coupon expiration to stamp a timer to traded items.
    Post edited by free2pay on
  • dearanyone32#6862 dearanyone32 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @frogwalloper#6494 said:
    > I would prefer better rewards for expert que, i see no reason why we need a small amount of rp as a replacement for an appropriate amount of rad.
    >
    > So I'm not the only one thinking that.
    > Seemed almost like a disincentive to me at first glance, but I figured maybe I was missing something - though maybe I am. ...New player with fresh level 70 character is getting futher and further behind with each module. Do you want to effectively tell new players "mod 14, please come join us to play Castle Ravenloft, after 1 year..." ? And when the next module hits, "mod 15, please come join us to play Castle xyz, after 2 years..."
    >
    > The only way to get out of this dilemma is for the game to re-examine it drop rates, upgrade chance and refinement costs. Reduce the grind and reduce the RnG.
    >
    > That's discouraging.
    >
    > Coming to this game late is like watching the ship sail away. The crew tosses out the occasional life preserver for anyone who wants to swim for it, but it's still a daunting proposition.
    >
    > It's one of the consequences of having a gearcentric combat system, I think. Every new development push makes an old one obsolete - like building a bridge by dismantling what's behind you. I can't help wondering how different things would be if they hadn't strayed so far from the essential d&d combat system. I love the game, and think the developers have done a great job, but this is the one aspect that I will never care for.

So, all "newer" players should be able to hit BiS in just a few weeks to run all the end game dungeons? Of course, you could do that by spending a lot of money but you wouldn't have a clue how to play your class and get kicked. This seems more like casual players wanting the devs to cater to them since they can't get 17k in two weeks by playing an hour on weekends. Newer players shouldn't be worried about trying to rush to end game but instead learn the class you play or game in general first.
    free2pay said:

Control how fast the AD made from a trade/transaction, is re-introduced back into the economy, based on the quantities of AD transacted. So for any item transacted between 0 to 200K ADs range, the seller will receive up to the full 200K immediately.
    However, if the item was sold between 200K to 400K ADs, seller only receives 200K first (the rest is locked), and have to wait one day before receiving the rest. And for 400K to 600K AD price tag, the ADs will be spread over 3 days (with seller only unlocking up to 200K per day of the sale proceeds). And finally, an item sold at 100mil ADs, the seller will have to wait 500 days before recovering the full sum.

Similar control has to set for the buyer. He has to wait the same number of days before that item can be resold at original purchase price. However he can choose to resell immediately at 0 to 200K ADs. And after waiting one day, he can resell at 200K to 400K ADs. So on and so forth.

Introduce a mechanism similar to rough Astral Diamond (rAD) to keep tab of Astral Diamonds made from trading and lock them. Call it sales Astral Diamond (sAD) XD. You can reuse the coding for coupon expiration to stamp a timer to traded items.

Are you a banker? That is like the float that banks require. Which is an archaic mechanism that makes the banks money due to interest rates.

Unfortunately, it does not solve the game's problem on the PC. The problem is the ratio of AD to Zen in the game. More AD must be taken out of the game than is going into the game for the ratio to drop. The designers are being too cautious, IMHO. They are taking steps that might lead to the ratio to adjust where they want over a longer period of time...but "free markets" is a myth. No such thing as real free market. All markets are actively manipulated IRL.

edited June 2018

So, all "newer" players should be able to hit BiS in just a few weeks to run all the end game dungeons?... Newer players shouldn't be worried about trying to rush to end game but instead learn the class you play or game in general first.

I agree. I never said anything about bis or epics.
    I tend to think that when any kind of equipment becomes bis in any game it's a sign that there's a major flaw in the design. Which was my point. It's discouraging to grind away in pre-Chult content for something that's already obsolete. You can't blame players for just shelling out for a primary/pet pack.

And particularly if it helps them run an additional dungeon rank after mod 14.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Introduce a weekly personal wealth tax. At the start of each week, for accounts that possess between 40million to 50million ADs, they need to accept 1% deduction (can be deducted from rADs) to their ADs before they are allowed to use the Zax, Auction House, send mails, queue, or else their UI is grayed out. For accounts that have between 50million to 60million ADs, 2% tax. 60million to 70 million ADs, 3% tax. For every incremental 10million ADs, an additional 1% tax effectively. VIP 13 to reduce the payable tax by half.
    Post edited by free2pay on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    free2pay said:

Introduce a weekly personal wealth tax. At the start of each week, for accounts that possess between 40million to 50million ADs, they need to accept 1% deduction (can be deducted from rADs) to their ADs before they are allowed to use the Zax, Auction House, send mails, queue, or else their UI is grayed out. For accounts that have between 50million to 60million ADs, 2% tax. 60million to 70 million ADs, 3% tax. For every incremental 10million ADs, an additional 1% tax effectively. VIP 13 to reduce the payable tax by half.

So you are saying that because of how much AD I have, I should be taxed everything I own after 1 week? Sounds like a terrible idea to me. Furthermore, it does nothing to alleviate the backlog and everything to make it worse. Zen will be seen as a tax haven - convert AD to zen and keep it there and storing your AD in items will be seen as the way to go to avoid taxation.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I understand why the forums don't have a downvote/dislike/"that's bad" button, but sometimes there's really just no other possible response.
This discussion has been closed.