test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Zen Sales Promotion SNAFU?

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I just purchased some ZEN as part of a birthday gift for a couple of friends and discovered something...

If one purchases 1,000 Zen ($10 US) they get 4 lockbox keys...

If one purchases 2,000 Zen - they get 4 lockbox keys - - HAMSTER !

As it is, it's a good thing I made those purchases as a gifting gesture, because since it was a gift I don't feel so underappreciated for not receiving any bonus for buying $20 worth of Zen as opposed to the bonus for purchasing just $10 worth.
DD~

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Related: There is a Summer Promotion reward bonus for purchasing 2,500 Zen - however on the ARC "Charge" page there is no option for purchasing 500 or 2,500 Zen... only 1,000 - 2,000 - 5,000 and 10,000.

I've mentioned this a couple of times previously and sent in "tickets" stating ARC offers bonuses for the purchase of 2,500 Zen but players can't purchase $5 nor can they purchase $25 worth of Zen, so in essence there is no bonus available unless a player spends $10 or $50 - Spend $20 and all you get is the $10 bonus.
    DD~
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dionchi said:

Related: There is a Summer Promotion reward bonus for purchasing 2,500 Zen - however on the ARC "Charge" page there is no option for purchasing 500 or 2,500 Zen... only 1,000 - 2,000 - 5,000 and 10,000.

I've mentioned this a couple of times previously and sent in "tickets" stating ARC offers bonuses for the purchase of 2,500 Zen but players can't purchase $5 nor can they purchase $25 worth of Zen, so in essence there is no bonus available unless a player spends $10 or $50 - Spend $20 and all you get is the $10 bonus.

You could spend $30 and get that 2nd tier bonus, but yes, I agree they do need to do something to fix it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited June 2018
    kreatyve said:

dionchi said:

You could spend $30 and get that 2nd tier bonus, but yes, I agree they do need to do something to fix it.
    I seriously thought about it, spending an extra $10 on top of the $20 I already spent, but came to realize that didn't make a lot of sense...

Perhaps there should be a "sucker" player title for anyone who spends $30 for Zen just to get the $25 bonus award?

I apologize for the rant but some of us are very unhappy.
    DD~
    edited June 2018
    This time I received an answer to what I consider to be the Zen promotion SNAFU, in short it says they "understand how frustrating" the current ZEN quantity {is} and recommended I post my concern on the "official forums site".

By the way the link included in their "official forums site" text just took me to the forums homepage, so since I posted this thread prior to turning in the ticket this time, I consider "posting my concern on the official fourms site" done and done...

They {Perfect World Entertainment} get a "fair amount of suggestions regarding Zen" and developers are "considering" the issue but no fix date has been determined.

(*the usual "we're looking into it" response... :( )

The final paragraph really got me:
    PWE said:

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you have additional questions or other concerns aside from this, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'd be glad to assist you further.

So in other words if I have any: "concerns aside from this" feel free to contact them - but don't bother to bring up the apparent ZEN promo SNAFU issue again apparently.

I must say I'm disappointed.

DD~