test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Anniversary Companion to pick

bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
I haven't played in a while and was looking at the anniversary companion gift. What is the best of the lot and why? I'm thinking Grazilaxx but I need the gear as well.

Comments

• bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Siege Master is the standout choice - with the flat boost to damage that's one of the strongest companions in the game.

Thank you. I will take a look.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    To be clear, the Siege Master is not a good *summoned* companion - it attacks too slowly to trigger Bonding Runestones at the start of fights, and it has no good player buffs or enemy debuffs in its powers.

What makes it amazing is the ACTIVE (not Summoned) ability. The flat boost to all damage, 4% at Epic, is among the strongest damage boosting companion abilities in the game. Only the Air Archon is strictly stronger. Velociraptor is better *if* every member of your party has a Velociraptor. Alpha Compy is better *if* you're in Chult. Fire Archon is better *if* the target is below 50% HP. Erinyes and Cambion Magus are as strong *if* you have 100% critical hit chance.

The Siege Master is amazing. If you're picking a companion from the Anniversary box to give you a damage boost, nothing else compares - and even clerics love a damage boost.

Tanks *might* prefer the Blacksmith. Still, even tanks need to do damage, and the Siege Master buffs them.

• trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    bmcd73 said:

I haven't played in a while and was looking at the anniversary companion gift. What is the best of the lot and why? I'm thinking Grazilaxx but I need the gear as well.

seige master great for dps
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    siege master all day long.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    siegemaster, even for tanks
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    siegemaster, the blacksmith sells for a fraction in the AH (60k compared to ~500k atm) and if you are not in a hurry with the blacksmiths, he drops in the gond event and gets even cheaper then.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    An excellent point: There are other ways to get cheap Blacksmiths. Cheap Siege Masters just don't happen, except for this.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Rarity: Icosahedron Ioun Stone. This is only available to successful foundry authors, and since Foundry has been neglected far too long, this will be very difficult to obtain that way.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Great comments everyone. Thanks so much!
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Rarity: Icosahedron Ioun Stone. This is only available to successful foundry authors, and since Foundry has been neglected far too long, this will be very difficult to obtain that way.

Unfortunately this one isn't in the package, i wish it was.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It is sad we cannot pick the Tiger; if we could, the Tiger would be the best choice.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2018

It is sad we cannot pick the Tiger; if we could, the Tiger would be the best choice.

at least if you grind out a 50% off any pack coupon you can pick it up for really cheap atm.