test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will BtA Respec Tokens be Split? Edit: Yes they will

dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
According to recent patch notes (closed now), Mod14 will bring changes to the "Retrain Tokens" in a few ways:
  • Powers, Feats, Ability Scores, and Boons are now retrained separately, meaning what used to cost 1 token now costs 4
  • Retrain Tokens are now priced at 100 Zen, down from 300
  • Players who already possess purchased Retrain Tokens will be granted two additional tokens for each that they own
Given the above, it looks like the new system will offer more flexibility (also allowing individual boon trees to be retrained for a modest AD cost). So you only spend AD/tokens on those elements that you want to change. That's good.

Full retraining used to cost 1 token, and now it costs 4. Allegedly each token is being split, so that means a full retraining goes from 3 new token equivalents (1 old token) to 4 new tokens, a 33% increase. But considering that one of those four is for retraining powers, many players will find that they actually prefer not having to do that. I'm personally excited for the increased flexibility, even if it can be a tad more expensive for a true full respec.

More concerning is whether "unspent" BtA Retrain tokens received from the winter festival will be split. If yes, that's great. If no, that means anyone who wants to preserve most of the value of their tokens needs to quickly move and spend them on characters before Mod14 goes live.

@kreatyve @nitocris83 do you think you could please get clarification if "unspent" BtA Retrain tokens will be multiplied?

EDIT: According to @micky1p00 the answer is YES BiA tokens will be split correctly (turned into BtA packs worth 3 each).
Post edited by dupeks on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Given that one of the four is for respeccing powers, and for me (and as time goes on, most players) that is something we would prefer to avoid, it's still basically takes 3 for a full respec. Anyone adventuring for any length of time is going to cap out on useful powers fairly quickly and all powers in a short time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Given that one of the four is for respeccing powers, and for me (and as time goes on, most players) that is something we would prefer to avoid, it's still basically takes 3 for a full respec. Anyone adventuring for any length of time is going to cap out on useful powers fairly quickly and all powers in a short time.

I agree, but it's a cost that primarily hits more junior players. I don't like those types of costs.

But true, I personally won't be retraining powers often if ever XD. I edited my post to try to include that.

Sorry, my focus was supposed to be on the question of whether "unspent" BtA tokens will split, or whether we need to spend them before the patch hits.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Those that were used by the char and in the "retrain count" were tripled and now appear under glory and above companion tokens in the currency inventory tab.
    Those in inventory as tokens are now packs:

micky1p00 said:

Those that were used by the char and in the "retrain count" were tripled and now appear under glory and above companion tokens in the currency inventory tab.
    Those in inventory as tokens are now packs:

Golden, thanks!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks @micky1p00 ! @dupeks did you need any additional info?

Thanks @micky1p00 ! @dupeks did you need any additional info?

Nope, feel free to close. Thanks!