test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• rtd1254#2480 rtd1254 Member Posts: 1 New User
    If one could make money off the AD exchange by selling futures, I would make made close to 25% return on investment since November.

I just started playing and AD was selling at close to 400 to 1 on the PS4. As a new player with limited time to play, I don't have countless hours to go through 3 alts to gather AD to pay for upgrades. I'm for anything that brings down the exchange rate to something more manageable, that makes the AD you get buy more zen. If the 100K account limit does that, then I'm all for it.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, you definitely don't want the exchange rate to go higher, or even to stay at 500 like some people have suggested.

It's in everyone's best interest to see it go lower. Since the vast majority of players on all systems derive more buying power from game-earned AD than store-bought Zen, you want it to be an AD friendly market, not biased in the absolute toward Zen, particularly after M14 drops.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    How about they stop hoarding it altogether?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Since you are making AD cap per account you should also make it per week. You devs could set 1 million AD per week (it's the equivalent of 142.857 per day) so now us (the players) don't feel forced to play everyday to farm AD. In case you guys follow my suggestion, then obviously Bonus rAD from Random Queues should be multiplied by 7 and achievable only the first time you complete Leveling/Intermediate/Advanced queues on the week (instead of the first time on the day). Expert queues should give AD instead of RP.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    greywynd said:

How about they stop hoarding it altogether?

Do you always hoard something? You don't want to hoard Zen, you hoard AD. You don't want to hoard AD, you buy stuff and hoard whatever you buy. One way or the other, you hoard something. Of course, you can discard but I assume most people do not want to do so.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • I agree with this change. I am tired of the people who charge millions so that items are unattainable except for a few. Not everyone has time or a lot of alts.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I agree with this change. I am tired of the people who charge millions so that items are unattainable except for a few. Not everyone has time or a lot of alts.

Well, even if they stop charging millions and charge only hundreds of thousands, if you're struggling to earn enough AD for "only" hundreds of thousands, then what has changed?
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Status quo in the AH may persist for a while, and sellers can try to ignore the fact that AD's been deflated as long as they want, but buyers certainly won't. And buyers holding off on buying things only increases the supply.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    I guess we should divide regular items from premium items and fixed price items (wondrous bazar). Last will remain pretty much in place. Sure events like jubilee make them cheaper for a while but those are always needed so price will stabilize within few months. Regular items price like all kind of dungeon drops or refinement will drop with time.

But if some1 think that for example legandary mounts price will drop accordingly he may be wrong. Supply of those is always lower than the demand, therfore seller is in far better situation then a buyer. If he is not in hurry he can wait much longer to get a price he expects. No to mention that AD hoarders will have more oportunities to use their stashed AD to control it.

Anyway I dont hink we will see much of a change any time soon. Actually for me a Black Friday would be a point to actually make any summary of those actions.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Every major economy in the world has active controls for their monetary supply. It does not seem that Neverwinter directly manages the money supply. They use passive controls, like zen/ad exchange, sales, prices, and bonus rAD to manipulate the money supply, rather than directly purchasing or dumping AD into the market.

The company has to make money off the game. The way they do that is by selling bundles and zen for real money. I think the biggest issue is they need to protect the money they make from the game. If people do not pay for things the game will cease to exist.

If they wanted to balance the exchange rate, it would be simple to do. Take the items people purchase the most (wards, bags, etc) and sell them for both AD and ZEN. Make the AD price the ratio to zen that you are trying to keep in the market. For instance, a coalescent ward is 1000 zen. If you wanted the ratio to be 350 AD/zen then the AD price would be 350,000 AD. The market would self correct around those prices.

Then...do away with the store sales. People hoard for the sales and sales disrupt the economy.

People are impatient. They spend real money on zen to minimize the amount of time it takes them accomplish the same things in game. Put out some stats to show how long it takes most people to accumulate the wealth to purchase certain things. Then provide bundles to save time and tell people how much time they save with the bundles. Make it easy for people to understand that if they buy bundle X, they will save 40 hours of game time.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    onodrain said:

If they wanted to balance the exchange rate, it would be simple to do. Take the items people purchase the most (wards, bags, etc) and sell them for both AD and ZEN. Make the AD price the ratio to zen that you are trying to keep in the market. For instance, a coalescent ward is 1000 zen. If you wanted the ratio to be 350 AD/zen then the AD price would be 350,000 AD. The market would self correct around those prices.

We have this already, it is call the auction house. Many players play the arbitrage game by buying stuff in the zen market and selling it in the AH. Players who don't want to spend real money for zen or wait for their zen in the ZAX pays more in the AH to cover the 10% tax and the seller's profit.

onodrain said:

We have this already, it is call the auction house. Many players play the arbitrage game by buying stuff in the zen market and selling it in the AH. Players who don't want to spend real money for zen or wait for their zen in the ZAX pays more in the AH to cover the 10% tax and the seller's profit.
    I am fully aware of the auction house. And no...it does not serve the function. The auction house recirculates AD that is in the system and pulls 10% out of the system per transaction. That is not the same as pulling 100% of the AD out of the system that is spent in the Wondrous Bazaar.
    onodrain said:

I am fully aware of the auction house. And no...it does not serve the function. The auction house recirculates AD that is in the system and pulls 10% out of the system per transaction. That is not the same as pulling 100% of the AD out of the system that is spent in the Wondrous Bazaar.

Valid point. Sure putting the popular items in the WB would pull 100% of whatever they charge out of the system. But those people buying from the AH now are paying a huge premium, so the 10% is actually more AD than it appears to be.

Charging lower AD for these items would lower demand on the ZAX, pushing the rate down. But it will surely be a significant hit to the revenue stream. They have to balance adding AD sinks with generating revenue.

It's going to take lots of time for the excess AD the work its way through the system. Limiting earning potential is a good start. It also has the benefit of leveling the playing field between the casual players and the players who can spend all day in the game.

edited June 2018
    I expect they have lots of information to parse regarding the zen and AD in the game. They seem to be taking small steps to slowly bleed out AD rather than taking a larger step that will correct the system more quickly. The main thing for balancing the revenue stream (zen sales) is to do a better job of marketing the benefits of their bundles. I have purchased zen in the past to speed up the game process. While you can get coal wards and pres wards in game, the process is too slow for most people (me included). It saved me hundreds of hours of game time to buy zen.

Most of their packs cost too much IMHO. They need to figure out a compelling pack for $19.99 USD, like GMoP enchantment packs or VIP for 3 months. And create some simple guides with best practices like: you don't waste preservation wards on enchantments up to rank 7. Only when you refine to rank 8 should you start using preservation wards. And even though it is not fun to click 100 times, even with only a 3% chance of success, it is better to use a pres ward to upgrade. When it is a 1% chance of success, you should use a coal ward. You can have this wisdom part of the game interface so newbies do not waste their resources.
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Hi,

I know people are entitled to their own opinion, but god how I am sick and tired of reading posts in this thread about how these changes are good, cause now you have a chance to catch up to the hardcore playerbase.

"DUH!" (in Homer Simpson's dumbest voice), "this is so awesome, because now like those people who have time to like run 7 characters each day, won't be able to make all their AD".

Or

"Nice! I only have time to play 2 hours each day. Now I can be at the same level as people who farm for 8 hours".

Or

"Oh this doesn't affect me, as I only earn 8k AD per day."

How on earth can you justify saying that the playing field between casual players and hardcore players should be more level? How can you justify saying that you should be on pair with a person who spends more hours on his characters than you???

You don't turn to your own government saying, "Oh hey!, I know I work part time at Clucky's Chicken, but I feel like I should make the same amount of money as the guy working 70 hours at a high paid law firm".

The game is very much a grind. And it must be incredible frustrating for new players, who just hit level 70. But your beef is with the game, and how it is set up. Not with the players who spend more time on it than you.

I would like a solid argument as to why you feel that you should be rewarded to the same extend as the players who spend more time in the game than you.

The more work you do, the more you should be rewarded!
  • chrsty740chrsty740 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hello all'

I see alot of people saying to move wards to WB wich would be good and a lot are saying vip would just buy them and sell them for more, and that woould be a really big problem Unless you make the wards account bound from the WB. I think that would fix the problem nicely. Another point I hate the RQ change as it is a Lower or up and coming players source of ad that the need for better gear , How are you planing on combating that issue? We need ad for better wepons, gear and enchantments now it will take new and up and coming players a lot longer than before to get to end content and actually be able to do it well.

RQ was supposed to help the lvl dungeons and skirmishs pop, So why'd you just shoot yourself in the foot no one is going to want to do those thing anymore. What are the plans to combat that issue when it happens and it will to make them more appealing to eveyone? The level cap on ad 100k it's cool I see some asking for 200k that would be cool too , of course I will not see ether of those often since youv'e taken another way of making ad, Thanks for the bandaid cap should staunch the bleeding real well from the wound you just gave all your players. And yes I spend money and I convert to ad a lot of money , but sadly not enough for the game to have it's gliches fixed. Anybody know why my jounal keeps changing? Put a locking feature on it already lol.

Thank you for you time And have a nice day.
    edited June 2018

First off this does nothing to limit earning potential as all this nerf is doing is restricting rough AD. If you can spend the time on the game your earning potential will always be far higher than casual players, well if you are smart and industrious and can plan it will be.

It limits the low hanging fruit of earning RAD from easy runs. Sure the other ways of earning AD are uncapped. Playing the AH is time consuming and has risks of making losing trades. And grinding for high-value items like UES require skill and connections. These additional AD earnings are possible only to a small percentage of the population. Also, these earnings are transfers of wealth from one player to another. So limiting the easy daily RAD that comes out of thin air will have a huge impact.
    chrsty740 said:

We need ad for better wepons, gear and enchantments now it will take new and up and coming players a lot longer than before to get to end content and actually be able to do it well.

Actually, new player AD requirements will be much lower. Years ago, players need AD for lots of things. In mod 14, new players pretty much need AD only to buy pres and coal wards.

All primal armor, rings, and weapons (currently near BiS) are available just by running dungeons for seals. No AD required. Most artifacts are available in the AH for a few thousand, or even hundred, AD. Negligible cost. Refining enchantments is already cheap now. Get a Wanderer's Fortune mount and you should be in a better position. And lots of lower rank enchantments can be bought in the AH for cheaper than build price.

I don't think there is a better time to be a new player come mod 14.

• chrsty740chrsty740 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    1st i have all these things , AND It still is not easy , you have to have the IL to run those dungeons for seals at epic , so if you dont you can't and if you do provided no one drops on you cause your not 15k you may get something good. if you cant its 1time for ad if not in random you dont get protectors seals unless that skirmish or dungeonwich lvl dungeons dont give it .So its seal farmig instead of ad and still farming items for certian things to upgrade your armor, And regarless I this is my opion and you have yours but it is so not easy 10hrs a day i play i can get into most epic not me i am worried about , it will as i say with limited ways to earn ad be harder for new and up and coming I bought my armor the knocked it down 5 points I paid real money for it, I sit right now at 11.5 somewhere in there for me its cool I can still salvage but what of those who have to run the lvlin dungeons 1nce a day for ad and seals are seal amounts On RQ going to stay for repeat, They do not provide detailed info As i said I like the cap But not the RQ change I hate RQ it's a chore i would rather do quest but others rely on that to buy what they need When there too low IL to run for salvage, unless some one carrries. Just a thought is all, and still the RQ were put in to make those lower dungeon's pop guess they dont care about it would help a lot if they would impliment Seals of protecto in lvl dungeons for those who dont make IL. Just my thoughts BTW ty for your reply I hope you are right about new players Getting it easy. And i hope the put seals in lvling dungeon for 60+ that dont meet IL, It will at least give the chance at better armor.
    Thank you for your time again and have a nice day
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    chrsty740 said:

1st i have all these things , AND It still is not easy , you have to have the IL to run those dungeons for seals at epic , so if you dont you can't and if you do provided no one drops on you cause your not 15k you may get something good. if you cant its 1time for ad if not in random you dont get protectors seals unless that skirmish or dungeonwich lvl dungeons dont give it .So its seal farmig instead of ad and still farming items for certian things to upgrade your armor, And regarless I this is my opion and you have yours but it is so not easy 10hrs a day i play i can get into most epic not me i am worried about , it will as i say with limited ways to earn ad be harder for new and up and coming I bought my armor the knocked it down 5 points I paid real money for it, I sit right now at 11.5 somewhere in there for me its cool I can still salvage but what of those who have to run the lvlin dungeons 1nce a day for ad and seals are seal amounts On RQ going to stay for repeat, They do not provide detailed info As i said I like the cap But not the RQ change I hate RQ it's a chore i would rather do quest but others rely on that to buy what they need When there too low IL to run for salvage, unless some one carrries. Just a thought is all, and still the RQ were put in to make those lower dungeon's pop guess they dont care about it would help a lot if they would impliment Seals of protecto in lvl dungeons for those who dont make IL. Just my thoughts BTW ty for your reply I hope you are right about new players Getting it easy. And i hope the put seals in lvling dungeon for 60+ that dont meet IL, It will at least give the chance at better armor.
    Thank you for your time again and have a nice day

You need almost nothing to earn seal of the brave in mod 14 because your level 70 character can earn seal of the brave from running RQ level dungeon (those are below level 70). Your item level 11.5 character is more than enough to run those. That gives you item level 500 gear. No AD needed. That is even better of what you were asking above.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I would like a solid argument as to why you feel that you should be rewarded to the same extend as the players who spend more time in the game than you.

The more work you do, the more you should be rewarded!

Let's assume Player A had 1 account and only 1 character, Player B had 1 account but 8 characters. Both spent exactly 5 hours in game daily doing quests and salvaging, invoking. Both earned exactly 60K rAD each per account. Yet player B had more AD (and probably more wards) refined than player A just on day 1. Multiply that by 30 days. Player B now could afford things that Player A couldn't. Now Player A has caught on and felt compelled to create 7 other characters as well. Player B then complained that content was too easy and there was nothing left for him to do. The game then raised the IL requirement of the next module so that Player B has some challenge. Multiply that cycle by 13 mods. Player B is now BiS and now there is a refinement cap per account. Player A leaves. Who benefited from refinement cap? New players?

chrsty740 said:

We need ad for better wepons, gear and enchantments now it will take new and up and coming players a lot longer than before to get to end content and actually be able to do it well.

I don't think there is a better time to be a new player come mod 14.

Close to 50% of the acceptable (not minimum) IL requirement to get into group to do the latest content/campaign comes from "upgrades" (bondings/companions/enchantments) which often has a RnG wall (think legendary mount). Upgrades need ADs. A 17 IL character has spent more ADs than a new player coming in at 8K IL, the bulk of this ADs spent on activities revolving upgrading of some form.

We can probably measure all activities in term of ADs. Estimate the ADs required to get BiS and convert that in term of time, based on the rate at which refined AD is earned. Assuming it took Player B one year (with 8 characters refining ADs) to get to where he is today (before refinement cap), it will take new player more than one year to get BiS after refinement cap is introduced, assuming drop rate isn't changed.

New players will then have to decide for themsleves whether it's worth investing the time (and money) and whether it's a level playing field. Are they patient and willing to wait more that 1 year to run content that the "elites" are currently running. With each new module, the minimum IL requirement to get into group to do contents/campaigns gets higher. New player with fresh level 70 character is getting futher and further behind with each module. Do you want to effectively tell new players "mod 14, please come join us to play Castle Ravenloft, after 1 year..." ? And when the next module hits, "mod 15, please come join us to play Castle xyz, after 2 years..."

The only way to get out of this dilemma is for the game to re-examine it drop rates, upgrade chance and refinement costs. Reduce the grind and reduce the RnG.
    Post edited by free2pay on
This discussion has been closed.