test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Casting Bane

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
I started my OP during the last double xp weekend, so still figuring out the class.... One odd thing is how bane works. I cannot face my enemy and cast bane directly. I have to turn my character almost 80 degrees to the left before bane will actually be targetable on the enemy. Anyone else encountered this? And is there any way around it, since I find it to be somewhat awkward and annoying.

Note: Playing on PC

Comments

• veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I always found forcing the camera up, near or above the head of the creature works almost 100% of the time. If you are playing Burnadin/Devo then I would recommend keybindings, cause targeting manually gets... very old very quickly...
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    tried a quick google search for paladin keybindings, not having much luck. Can you provide the keybind or a link? Thanks.
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I set mine up manually based off of RJC9000's DC guide, he had some keybinds listed in there. You will need to setup the command alias file, which @dupeks has a nice guide for. Then inside of there you will need to put something close to the below.

alias quickBane "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0"
    alias setTar "alias tar target {}"

Then map quickBane to a key such as the below will map it to x on the keyboard.
    /bind x quickBane

When you get in game you will type
    /setTar "CHAR NAME GOES IN HERE"
    This will allow you to swap who gets targeted with bane, and should be done before starting actual content. This last part does not persist so if you log out of the client or crash you will have to redo the /setTar part.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!