test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant Pull Out A Legendary Mount

blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
I Was Looking Forward To Pulling Out A War Triceratops While A War Tyrannosaur After Mod13 Had Came Out And After I Opened Over 210 Of Them Soulmonger's Lockbox's While 160 Merchant Prince Lockbox's That I Have Not Been Able To Pull Out Any Legendary Mount For How Frustrating This Has Been For Me Since I Dont Have The Triceratops After I Sold It But Here My Screen Shot Of The Same Item I Got That Should Of Been My legendary mount For How I Wasn't Going To Be Opening Up Anymore Box's

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its a bit sad but honestly there are people who have opened 1000s of lockboxes and never had a Legendary Mount. Much easier to sell all th estuff out of those lockboxes and buy a legendary mount from the Auction House :smile:
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    If you get frustrated opening lockboxes you are probably better off saving your AD and buying it off the AH. Lockboxes guarantee you nothing. There is no "open 200 and you'll get a legendary" option. You can get it off 1 lockbox or you could never see it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I would say if you can get a legendary mount within 500 lockboxes, you are a very lucky person. Within 1000, lucky person. Over 1000, normal person.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wrathofall#7962 wrathofall Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I opened about 30 protectors jubilee boxes and got a legendary drake! I originally thought it was epic. So collect as many of the jubilee boxes as you can! I have over 200 left to open.
  • Options

I opened about 30 protectors jubilee boxes and got a legendary drake! I originally thought it was epic. So collect as many of the jubilee boxes as you can! I have over 200 left to open.

That means you got that from the "1st" box because there is nothing good until after you opened 30 boxes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    No, it was the last box I opened. I've been trying for a mount and finally got it. I was so happy lol. I haven't opened any since. I'm getting a good collection of them though.
  • Options

No, it was the last box I opened. I've been trying for a mount and finally got it. I was so happy lol. I haven't opened any since. I'm getting a good collection of them though.

But it is the first box after you are "allowed" to get the good stuff.
  • Options
    Could be. I'll take it though! So nice to move fast. A regular horse is painfully slow! I could run faster.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    As said already, lock boxes are random and there is no guarantee that you will ever get an orange mount. I've opened 500 boxes in a row and got no orange, I've opened 300 boxes in a row and pulled 2 orange. The other day I had 13 VIP keys saved up and pulled an Orange Carpet of Flying on the 8th key. They seem to come when you least expect it! The first time I put money into the game I bought 20 keys. About half way through I pulled an Orange Strider, next key purple strider, next key Orange strider! Then my luck went dark for over a year!

RNG is chance based but does seem "streaky"!
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

As said already, lock boxes are random and there is no guarantee that you will ever get an orange mount. I've opened 500 boxes in a row and got no orange, I've opened 300 boxes in a row and pulled 2 orange. The other day I had 13 VIP keys saved up and pulled an Orange Carpet of Flying on the 8th key. They seem to come when you least expect it! The first time I put money into the game I bought 20 keys. About half way through I pulled an Orange Strider, next key purple strider, next key Orange strider! Then my luck went dark for over a year!

RNG is chance based but does seem "streaky"!

was going to save all my keys after my vip was over since i did have 51 days left and wasn't sure if the 51 keys would even pull out a legendary mount
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    this isn't uncommon.

I've lost count of how many lockboxes I've opened since I started playing this game when it launched. having opened a lockbox every day now for the last 3-4 years, and having used many 40% off key vouchers, I've never had a legendary mount.

if you want one that badly, save your AD and buy one off the auction house, that way, you're 100% guaranteed to get the one you want, assuming you can afford to buy it that is.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    Just opened 250 more jubilee boxes and got nadda lol! I just must have been lucky on the first 30. Makes me think to avoid keys in the future. At least these are free.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Odds of getting a Legendary mount are somewhere around 1 in 1000 or higher. So with your 370 keys, you would have had to been extremely lucky to get a mount.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Wow! Good to know thank you! ...Off to buy a RW lottery ticket.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

haven't spend any ads since i have been on doing daily's cause i did have some either char on the same account that i wanted to get the ads off of since i didn't no how to use the exchange since i did have a Rogue close to a million ads