test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rank 14 reward from Summer event--suggestion

redrockls3redrockls3 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'm sure we can guarantee, with the feedback we have been given, that the rank 14's in question are likely to be radiant, silvery, azure and dark. Nothing inherently wrong with that but, I think what could be a much nicer reward instead of introducing an account-bound r14 that is likely going to end up being fodder, is to give us some different options.

For instance, we can get rewarded this item or, rank up any enchantment you own (non-weapon/armor enchantment) to r13 and have it account bound. Rank up any runestone you own to rank 13 and make it account bound. Rank up one level of quality (which everyone will likely do the last level) for any armor, weapons or artifacts. That way, folks aren't getting 3-stat rank 14's for virtually nothing. Limiting them to rank 13 is still an effective gate but will be more satisfactory in the end.

edit: Just realized they made it so that it can't even be converted to refinement points.

Comments

• redrockls3redrockls3 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ah, the prime example of why I do not post on these forums. I never once said that these rank 14's are garbage or expressed anything other than how this reward could be gifted in another fashion and/or could still be an option for those who will utilize them. I attempted to take a pretty neutral stance on this. You guys are super quick to jump on someone just trying to offer feedback.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am grateful for anything they give us for basically free. Even if the reward was a r12 enchant, it would be more than the devs would be obligated to give away free. And not everyone, even people that have been playing since almost the game was launched, have all r14s.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Ah, the prime example of why I do not post on these forums. I never once said that these rank 14's are garbage or expressed anything other than how this reward could be gifted in another fashion and/or could still be an option for those who will utilize them. I attempted to take a pretty neutral stance on this. You guys are super quick to jump on someone just trying to offer feedback.

that's because offering this kind of feedback isn't really useful or something that the rest of us consider necessary or useful. it comes off as looking a gifthorse in the mouth. this kind of feedback just says not good enough. lol. entitled much?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Dark - good for defensive slots when you need lifesteal or in utility slots for +move
    Azure - good for offensive slots when you need to top off your crit
    Radiant - good for powerbuilds

While the single enchants are not the most efficient to use points-wise, they do have some niche applications even for BiS builds
    Silvery is good for support toons too, for either recovery or deflection.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Silvery is good for tanks that have maxed out their Def, also.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2018

introducing an account-bound r14 that is likely going to end up being fodder

I'm willing to bet that any R14 is not, and never will be, fodder to 99.999999% of the players

Only way it will be, is when/or if they give more ranks to enchants.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If they give more ranks it should become an option to refine. Doubt it would become an option to use as RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Sure these will be somewhat obsolete if/when we have higher ranks. The gift is to make people happy now, not years later.