test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Ravenloft Rewards

Comments

• aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

As an additional note: to coincide with the introduction of a new endgame seal the Seal of the Crown, as we did with the introduction of the Seal of the Brave, we will be phasing out the oldest active endgame seal,

If the intent is to phase out the older seals, for example Seal of the Protector, why do you still get 50 Seals of the Protector for each heroic encounter completed in The River District?

I'm sure it's not intentional seeing as the only thing you can do with them is turn them in at a rate of 3:1 for Seals of the Brave, but if you're getting 50 at a time it's frustrating and time consuming to click the button 83 times after doing one round of 5 HEs in the RD for your daily 100%. When Seals of the Elements were "phased out" they stopped dropping entirely from HE's and other sources if I recall correctly so you only had to convert any leftovers to Seals of the Protector.

Also, are the Primal Rings available in the Seal of the Crown store placeholders? Currently the Primal Rings are available from both the Seal of the Crown and Seal of the Brave vendors which seems a little odd.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Can we get the seal exchange to not cause carpel tunnel? Please make it so you can select how many you want to exchange instead of making us click one at a time. Thanks!!
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I had a look at the gear bought for seals of the crown and while they generally look very good visually, I'm once again terribly disappointed by the OP body piece. I'm not sure why armour designers have this juvenile fascination with either gigantic shoulder pads or spikes on armour but they really ruin the look of the piece, so once again if i do get this gear I'll be transmuting it into something that isn't hideous. It's really a shame because otherwise the piece looks perfect.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I took a good look at the gear you buy for seals of the Crown - comparing the pieces to my Vivified Primal armor gear and other sets I have.

Now, my main is a DC, with basically three different builds, and three different sets of stat requirements, so here is how the new gear looks from the perspective:of my three primary loadouts:

Solo play DO loadout:

The primary requirements are Crit% as close to 100% as I can get, enough Arpen for solo content - rest in Power and Recovery. The new gear provides a small upgrade over Vivified Primal - I don't really need that upgrade for game purposes, but well, I guess I'll go for it as a, well, status symbol of sort - you know, maintain the BiS status, eh? The distribution of stats is just about ideal for this loadout, with three pieces of Raid gear, and the Restoration arms. It would make more sense to swap the stats of the Raid and Restoration arms, but this is the same issue as the Primal gear has. So, OK.

Group DO support

The primary requirement is high Recovery, with the rest distributed between Crit%, ArPen and Power. Again, the new gear is just fine for this purpose. Three pieces of Restoration gear and the Raid arms will give me a minor upgrade over what I have right now. I may, however, go a bit different route - My Recovery is already high enough, so I might for example use the Raid head piece as well for a bit of extra Crit%. Again, OK, nothing major, but good enough to justify upgrading.

Group AC support

The primary requirement is Power, Power and more Power. Recovery is secondary, but anything else is irrelevant, and just like with the Vivified Primal gear, this is where the new gear is a letdown. There is only one (well, maybe two) pieces that I would actually use - the rest will be Masterwork pieces, Rex Corona or possibly one of the new hunt pieces.

This feels somewhat strange, as for many DCs, the "AC power-sharing" loadout is kind-of the "end-game" build - it is the most gear-demanding one, and it is odd that the highest IL gear in the game does not provide the "best" end-game pieces. It might be worthwhile to reconsider for example swapping the Power and Recovery stats on the Recovery Armor piece.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I took a good look at the gear you buy for seals of the Crown - comparing the pieces to my Vivified Primal armor gear and other sets I have.

Now, my main is a DC, with basically three different builds, and three different sets of stat requirements, so here is how the new gear looks from the perspective:of my three primary loadouts:

Solo play DO loadout:

The primary requirements are Crit% as close to 100% as I can get, enough Arpen for solo content - rest in Power and Recovery. The new gear provides a small upgrade over Vivified Primal - I don't really need that upgrade for game purposes, but well, I guess I'll go for it as a, well, status symbol of sort - you know, maintain the BiS status, eh? The distribution of stats is just about ideal for this loadout, with three pieces of Raid gear, and the Restoration arms. It would make more sense to swap the stats of the Raid and Restoration arms, but this is the same issue as the Primal gear has. So, OK.

Group DO support

The primary requirement is high Recovery, with the rest distributed between Crit%, ArPen and Power. Again, the new gear is just fine for this purpose. Three pieces of Restoration gear and the Raid arms will give me a minor upgrade over what I have right now. I may, however, go a bit different route - My Recovery is already high enough, so I might for example use the Raid head piece as well for a bit of extra Crit%. Again, OK, nothing major, but good enough to justify upgrading.

Group AC support

The primary requirement is Power, Power and more Power. Recovery is secondary, but anything else is irrelevant, and just like with the Vivified Primal gear, this is where the new gear is a letdown. There is only one (well, maybe two) pieces that I would actually use - the rest will be Masterwork pieces, Rex Corona or possibly one of the new hunt pieces.

This feels somewhat strange, as for many DCs, the "AC power-sharing" loadout is kind-of the "end-game" build - it is the most gear-demanding one, and it is odd that the highest IL gear in the game does not provide the "best" end-game pieces. It might be worthwhile to reconsider for example swapping the Power and Recovery stats on the Recovery Armor piece.
    Its good that casters can have something new to wear, because currently they are the DPS classes that are underperfoming. The problems is that for GWF, HR, GF and TR the only part that can be considered BiS are the barovians helmets, any other gear including the weapons, hunts or remaining barovian parts are significally worse than what you can get from the Mod 13 hunts. Basically, if you wear the Mod14 gear you are effectively nerfing yourself. What truelly has no sense at all is that the new weapons are so bad that the primals (or exalted primals if you run CODG) that you will be able to get doing HEs are better than the new ones (at least as a DPS point of view), even the exalted pilgrims or tyrants can be the same or better on a boss fight. That 10% extra damage vs. 5% make the new weapons irrelevant before they are even launched.

I guess now you will see more CWs and SWs as main DPS on Castle Ravenloft, because the melee DPSers are going to look for teams only at ToNG and CoDG and skip entirely the new instance.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    about new artifact set using apocalipse dagger, making the apocalipse dagger an event only artifact will get some people angry but also will make the event worth doing for the artifact, if game team making the set event only drop will get it event even worth it, the queued content from that event already have the mount dropping we just need the belt and the necklace piece added to a different queue from the event. this is my feedback to this artifact set that could be good for the game @ctatumdev#6113, maybe near future other queued cta event having a event only drop artifact piece of a "bis" set. getting the cta events revived and making them worth doing.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2018

adinosii said:

I apologize for the length of the feedback below, but I have been thinking a bit and here are my conclusions.

The TL;DR is basically "Mod 14 has a gear progression issue".

For many characters (say, the majority of those with IL of 16K+), the game holds no real challenges. Once you are at that level, you may no longer need to get better gear for the purpose of getting stronger - in fact, many people will chase better gear just for the purpose of getting better gear - chasing that elusive "BiS" status.

In fact, this is a significant motivation for many people - once you hit 70, you get your "starter" gear and work your way up to "end-game" gear. Sure, you have to work on your campaign boons and such as well, but the gear is what people primarily see.

If I look at someone and see "starter" gear, then I assume the person is a fairly new 70, and may not have much experience playing his/her class. If I see absolute BiS gear, then I assume significant expertise - there is no guarantee the player is good, but there is a decent chance he/she knows a lot more than someone who just hit 70.

Now, while people may not need BiS gear to play the game, it does serve the purpose of a status symbol, and a way to advertise your "supposed" qualifications - you know, just like the tail of a peacock.

Not so long ago, the "starter gear" included things like the Elemental Fire weapons. People would progress to something better, like the Drowned, Twisted and RD weapons - and this was just fine - there was a clear progression and a clear sense of accomplishment as you improved your gear.

Then you got the Chultan weapons (Wootz etc) weapons as the de-facto starter weapons (maybe with Legion armor pieces) - most new 70s would get them right away and work their way towards something better.

For many classes/builds, the Primal gear is the current top gear - if you have Primal, you are basically demonstrating your ability to run ToNG successfully - if you have Exalted/Vivified pieces, you are demonstrating your ability to run CoDG. (Of course, Primal is not ideal for all classes, but Masterwork pieces serve a similar purpose).

The important thing is that while nobody really needs the BiS gear, you get a sense of accomplishment working your way from the "starter" gear to the "BiS" gear.

This is where Mod 14 has a real issue. By making the Seals of the Brave drop from "easier" content, you are in effect making the Primal gear the de-facto starting gear.

This would be fine if there was a clear progression path from that point, but there is not. For many classes/builds you cannot buy anything worthwhile with the new seals, and the new drops are not a significant improvement over what people may have.

My point is that by not offering any gear progression you really reduce the motivation of many players - you devalue the current top-tier gear, and do not offer anything instead.

To be fair, I must note that Mod 14 brings a few pieces that are BiS for certain classes/builds, but in general that's not the case...and the Ravenloft Seal shop is particularly disappointing.

I'm fairly certain some of these changes are due to a raise in level-cap coming soon™ , and that would bring new gear to the table...
    please dont feed me level cap raise, its tmi for me :|
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    apocalypse set is trash. 5% debuff is nothing vs orcus set bonus which is an increasing damage buff.
    I like what you've done with the lockboxes. I especially like the Bloodied Companion Equipment box. Can we make a tweak to it?

If +4 gear drops, can we instead get a selection box, like the glorious resurgence. So we can select the companion gear we want?

And the same for the +5 gear?

This would still make it more difficult to equip a non-ring/ring/ring companion, but would make it easier than the current "run IG gold and pray to the RNG gods". And the ring/ring/ring companions would still have much higher iLevel potential.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The new axe for GWF is too small, please make it at the same size as the relic axe.
    HR hatches are really cool congrats on the design but the bow (as always) seem s to be a bit small and the cord is not in the right place when the bow is inactive at least on my Dwarf...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I think you missed one hunt gear, the terrored grips are still ilevel 510 (all the other hunt gear is properly ilevel 540), but they do appear to have been updated by stats and powers. So only the ilevel was not changed.
  • texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    asterdahl said:

Thanks for your continued feedback everyone. I'd like to let you all know that a few large changes are incoming for the final live build of Ravenloft, and some of these may make it into preview builds.

1. The stats and skills on Ravenloft hunt gear have been changed to be more competitive with Chultan hunt gear.
    Does it really have to be to extremes?
    From almost no DPS desirable gear and lots of defensive/support choice (I was looking forward to that as the day of defense :( ) to the exact opposite. Now we have lots of DPS stuff and one, perhaps two, desirable pieces of support/defensive gear.
    How about a happy compromise with a 50/50 split? Hell, I'd even take a 60/40 split in DPS favour (being support/defensive).

Something good was coming, now it's gone :(

Thank the hamster MW3 gear had Lichstone >.>
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    asterdahl said:

1. The stats and skills on Ravenloft hunt gear have been changed to be more competitive with Chultan hunt gear.
    Please take a look at the equipment with these changes. A lot of it should become significantly more desirable.
    Very nice update, thanks.

Rest 2 problems:
    - Tattered Exorcist Robes has +14 AC
    - Warden's Chestplate has +7 AC
    Reverse is more logical.

Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Are there any plans to improve Masterwork Gear? The armor pieces from Masterwork V and Stronghold Weapons III were already overshadowed by Omu Hunt Gear and Primal Gear. The one advantage of Masterwork Gear was it is already at iLevel 510 ... this won’t help it be competitive at all with new 535 Gear.

Please review the stats and bonuses for all of the Masterwork V Gear and SH III Weapons. A tremendows amount of work ... from the dev side and from the players side ... went into getting to the current Masterwork. Now it will be virtually useless except for a few pieces of jewelry.
    edited June 2018

With seals of the brave basically replacing seals of the protector, maybe a "Dragoncache of the Brave" should be added to the guild shop?

edited June 2018
    asterdahl said:

2. The item levels on all gear from Ravenloft content have been increased.
    3. To coincide with the above item level changes, the item level on vivified primal armor will be increased to 535 with the release of Ravenloft. This includes any vivified primal armor obtained before the patch.
    OK, now I have a problem. My main character uses Vivified Primal armor, and my (7) secondary alts all have a full set of primal armor. Previously I could pretty much dismiss most of the hunt gear as good for nothing but salvage, as they were not really better than the Primal gear.

Now....things are not so clear - and I actually need to consider carefully for some of the classes/builds whether some of the hunt pieces might in fact not be appropriate upgrades.

There is, however, one small problem - Masterwork armour is now no longer competitive. There is still a market for a few masterwork items (so masterwork as such is not quite dead) - the Exalted Masterwork weapons remain BiS for support classes - some of the neck/belt items are still BiS for some classes/builds, and maybe one or two of the rings have a market, but the armours? Nobody will want the IL 510 items when Primal gear is now the entry level armor, and Vivified Primal is IL 535. /font>

Apart from this, yes....this change solves one of the main issues with the Ravenloft module....lack of rewards.

So, yeah, good job.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I still have 2 Seals of the Elements in my inventory. Can we get those converted as well? Or just removed?
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Please give us back Tank Hunt gear .. The old Bavoria hunt gear was great for full tanks... And now? Nothing .. Nothing for dps nothing for support nothing for tank .. Only the boots maybe good for a dps .. One for tanks one boots for support .. All other stuff is garbage
    Nice boost on the item level. I had a few items that were 510, now are 540.

The Cowl of the Dead used to summon 1-2 undead minions at the start of battle, now it has a large knockback when you use a daily power, that effects all mobs that I have tested so far, including the Yester Hill BHE boss. It will be difficult for me to use this in a group, as group members get pissy when you knock all the mobs out of their nice tight grouping. This would mean I would use it on my combat HR, since they do not really use daily powers.

• merodesmerodes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    moved my own comment in the (hopefully) right feedback thread, so this here can be deleted.
    Post edited by merodes on
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Well, now it might be worth to visit Barovia. The changes you've made are at least worth to take a look on them. But as others pointed out if you will leave MC V armors intact you will make them obsolete. It would be a shame, to leave such great AD sink to be abandoned so fast. Besides many players invested a lot to get those, as alternative to get vivified primal gear. So why not to keep them on par with primal gear?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The new set of clothes looks great, I will run through some of them, but first, a quick note.

The -2500 recovery was remain from the older item (and the 510 IL, as it was mentioned), making it worse than the Omuan armlet.

If the intention was to be worse than the Omuan, I'd still suggest to remove the -2500 Recovery and make it only give 2.5% Encounter damage bonus. It would streamline better with the progression, because midgame players could get more out of stats than bonuses and then change it when they reach that point where it's beneficial (or affordable).

One thing I just thought of.... if you have an item that reduces stats, like the -2500 Recovery of the Terrored Grips, what happens if your stat is lower than, say 2500 before you equip the item? Does the total go negative, underflow, and you end up with a 2 billion stat? Or, if it just goes to zero, what happens when you unequip the item...does it go to whatever you had before, or jump to 2500?

I would test this myself if I had one of those items, but as I don't, I'm hoping someone else can check this.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Can we please get a statement from someone with authority whether the MC 3 armor will be increased to the level of the vivified primals?

I have completet MC V on everything except leather last weekend and i would really like to know, if i should craft more then rings and weapon sets for my characters.

Even a short statement like "Yes", "No" or "Undecided" would help me greatly.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I’m okay with a comparative lack of primarily defensive gear. Full tank is the kind of spec you might run while doing CN at entry item level, but by the time tank types are 13k+, they generally have what they need to play defensively and are funneling stats into DPS.

Heavy tank equipment is very niche, while DPS equipment tends to be useful in some way to all roles, so I prefer seeing more of the latter and a smaller (but still present) selection of the former.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    About the Tarokka Box and the Deck artifact:

Tarokka cards used in Hunts are consumed. Do they still count towards completing the deck, or do you have to farm up another one to get the deck?

When you have a complete set of cards and make the artifact, does that consume all the cards?

After you've made the artifact, can you continue to collect cards to use in Hunts?
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    The Razorwood companion... Is it supposed to do ridiculously low damage? I mean compared to other companions, it only does about 2-3K damage. Is it not scaled properly? Would appreciate a response, thank you very much.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    @asterdahl

May we please get a response to questions asked previously in this thread about the fate of Masterwork Gear? You are increasing the iL on hunt gear and on vivifed primal gear. Will you be making any adjustments to Masterwork Gear to make it at least somewhat competitive?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

About the Tarokka Box and the Deck artifact:

Tarokka cards used in Hunts are consumed. Do they still count towards completing the deck, or do you have to farm up another one to get the deck?

When you have a complete set of cards and make the artifact, does that consume all the cards?

After you've made the artifact, can you continue to collect cards to use in Hunts?

BTW, the answers for this are "Cards used in Hunts do not count towards completing the deck so you have to farm up a new one, making the deck DOES consume the cards, you can collect cards after making the deck exactly like before making the deck."
This discussion has been closed.