test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD sinks we want to see included

eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
edited June 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
With the currently planned changes to rad to improve the economy, wat sort of ad sinks would u like to see? I would personally love to see older transmutes of removed gear and even newer armor transmutes in the wb. There are quite a few reskins in the game and the new mod gear is always theme specific, this would give us more variety and have some fun. New mount skins would be nice too, usually those are all reskins except for the new epic and legendary mounts from the lockbox. Ppl are willing to spend millions for older transmutes, making them more available at a lower cost (65-100k might be alittle low tbh). Maybe u could include new companion gear into the wb, the ig gear is outdated and rings are always getting updated each mod. This would keep necks, belts, sword knots, etc competitive with rings (this could easily be 1 million+, take the adorable bites gear for example and loyal avenger, bis can be expensive and there are buyers out there). I would personally like to be able to transmute my neck into wings, even a shoulder pet have out own Boo. See how many gwf want to swing around a guitar or see if a tr want to use bananas. Wat do u guys want to see?

Edit: for a non cosmetic item, have a consumable item (or reuseable) that resummons ur last summoned companion. Thats so annoying when they die and im not the only one.

Comments

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'm not willing to spend millions on old transmutes, and I think even 65k is pushing it. old transmutes are fine, but the price has to be logical. I can't imagine anyone grinding for a week just to get a transmute. the current method for acquiring old transmutes is fine.

your last line can be done with liiras bell, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay AD to resummon a companion.

a good form of AD sink would be to be able to change the cosmetic appearance of your character for a nominal AD amount, appearance, hairstyles, make up etc.

another good form of AD sink would be to unbind equipment, this has been suggested before. this could have two tiers of unbinding. the first and lowest tier would unbind an item and then when equipped to another character, it's bound again. the higher tier would unbind it to account permanently.

edit//

re: liira's bell, I correct myself, it can only revive.

to resummon companions that have died, this can already be done using keybinds.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    There's nothing in the original post that I would spend astral diamonds on. Of course, I'm still at the stage where most of my astral diamonds are going for g|s|u|mops and enchanting stones to upgrade enchantments and runestones. Maybe once my characters are "done" I might consider spending money on some of these things. They aren't bad ideas; I just wouldn't spend astral diamonds on any of it.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I'm not willing to spend millions on old transmutes, and I think even 65k is pushing it. old transmutes are fine, but the price has to be logical. I can't imagine anyone grinding for a week just to get a transmute. the current method for acquiring old transmutes is fine.

your last line can be done with liiras bell, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay AD to resummon a companion.

a good form of AD sink would be to be able to change the cosmetic appearance of your character for a nominal AD amount, appearance, hairstyles, make up etc.

another good form of AD sink would be to unbind equipment, this has been suggested before. this could have two tiers of unbinding. the first and lowest tier would unbind an item and then when equipped to another character, it's bound again. the higher tier would unbind it to account permanently.

edit//

re: liira's bell, I correct myself, it can only revive.

to resummon companions that have died, this can already be done using keybinds.

i know a bunch of ppl who would spend millions of ads on skins (me included).
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I would pay AD for Zen items. Coals maybe. ;)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I would pay AD for Zen items. Coals maybe. ;)

You can already spend AD on Coals via the Auction House :smile:
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    It's not an AD sink that way, just a zax backlog builder.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Personally I'd like to see more AD sink into my personal economy.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

It's not an AD sink that way, just a zax backlog builder.

It is a 10% AD sink. Whatever goes through AH is a 10% AD sink.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @cerberusxll said:
    > I'm not willing to spend millions on old transmutes, and I think even 65k is pushing it. old transmutes are fine, but the price has to be logical. I can't imagine anyone grinding for a week just to get a transmute. the current method for acquiring old transmutes is fine.
    >
    > your last line can be done with liiras bell, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay AD to resummon a companion.
    >
    > a good form of AD sink would be to be able to change the cosmetic appearance of your character for a nominal AD amount, appearance, hairstyles, make up etc.
    >
    > another good form of AD sink would be to unbind equipment, this has been suggested before. this could have two tiers of unbinding. the first and lowest tier would unbind an item and then when equipped to another character, it's bound again. the higher tier would unbind it to account permanently.
    >
    > edit//
    >
    > re: liira's bell, I correct myself, it can only revive.
    >
    > to resummon companions that have died, this can already be done using keybinds.

The price of transmutes varies on worth between players imo, and cosmetic itens wise wat would u want to see included? Various wings as a belt transmute would be nice since belts have no visual effect anyways. But i wanted more opinions because everyone has different tastes. All the capes are boring and the scarves are seasonal to winter fest but dont match with all armors.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'd happily see artifacts getting a new tier, and making it like 1200-1200-750 stat (or scaling with their stat distribution), 60 sec CD and 500k more RP and the use of UES and UMOP to upgrade into it.

Not for letting player have a big power jump, but to effectively sink RP and consumables for a while.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    "Bizarre" hair styles and especially unusual colors would sell well.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    we have weapons/armor/neck transmuted from old gears, what the game does not have is a catalogue to store them so we can change it anytime we want,
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    u guys can waste ur AD´s for fashion if u want but real AD sinks are more than enough in the game...2min ago I wasted 37 wards on a blackice rank 11 (5% chance) and got nothing...HAMSTER RNG God says I could do this 20000 times and still get nothing =260k AD blown away!
    aixis2000 said:

u guys can waste ur AD´s for fashion if u want but real AD sinks are more than enough in the game...2min ago I wasted 37 wards on a blackice rank 11 (5% chance) and got nothing...HAMSTER RNG God says I could do this 20000 times and still get nothing =260k AD blown away!

It is not a great AD sink (from economy). If you bought p-ward using Zen, no AD sink. If you bought that from AH, only 10% AD sink. You may lose 260K AD but only 26K went to AD sink.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I would love to see Pres Wards in the Bazaar. That would be a great sink. But I think if they did that, they would have to remove them from other sources in order to keep them viable for AD. Especially on the consoles where the Exchange rate is not capped out. I'd be perfectly fine with them removing the packs of 10 Pres Wards from the Zen Market and putting them as purchasable items for as many as you want (starting at 1) in the Bazaar for whatever price they seem is "fair".
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would prefer the pres wards and the coal wards both be put into the bazaar. It is the correct place for them to be, to me. But I would also leave them in the zen shop too, for those that would prefer to just directly buy them with money. But more than likely they would have to change them to btA.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @plasticbat yes ur right but 37 wards were all I had then I used a coalward.. if I had 20000 (see above) and really really really bad luck it would be ~ 14 Mio AD (10%)... that was only an example and it is not the only AD sink we have...for example: every time I get a new weapon set and wanna have that one artefact power I need on my offhand its always the last one avaiable...tons of cubes every time...

Next thing did u ever see that Cryptic adjusted their zen shop to current prices? For example: 3 blood ruby worth right now 24k AD...u can buy 3 + 40 Tymoras for 2000 Zen...what a joke..

I also wonder if they adjust their upgrade requirements for enchants and so on next mod with the 100k cap...its already pointless to upgrade most of the enchants lets say for example: a perfect to trans.vorpal...u get already a U.vorpal for the requirements...

I could debate with u 100 years but in my eyes Cryptic dont deserves protection from playerbase...for me that game feels pretty much like a job we dont get paid for and they only steal our time and money!
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    How about eliminating Identification Scroll drops and making them only available in the Bazaar and VIP - both account locked? They're something all players need up to a certain point.

The price would have to come down since currently it's at least about two-three times too much, and after mod 14 hits that cost would be even more unrealistic.
    I like the pres wards in the wb option, maybe have them bound to account. Coal wards would be nice but thats pushing it i think. I would love for them to include a pack with of pres wards with a chance of a coal ward with a higher price. I would love for them to update the epic insignias, giving us an item that we have to buy and use rp and and ump to restore and then reinforce the epic insignia to make it legendary, could bring them up to mythic with this method if they wanted to.

How about eliminating Identification Scroll drops and making them only available in the Bazaar and VIP - both account locked? They're something all players need up to a certain point.

The price would have to come down since currently it's at least about two-three times too much, and after mod 14 hits that cost would be even more unrealistic.

Why do you force me to earn AD to spend AD to buy stuff which I did not have to buy before?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I would love to see Pres Wards in the Bazaar. That would be a great sink. But I think if they did that, they would have to remove them from other sources in order to keep them viable for AD. Especially on the consoles where the Exchange rate is not capped out. I'd be perfectly fine with them removing the packs of 10 Pres Wards from the Zen Market and putting them as purchasable items for as many as you want (starting at 1) in the Bazaar for whatever price they seem is "fair".

I doubt that will ever happen, as pwards probably is one of their biggest income sources currently.

Zen = real money in Cryptic's coffers. AD = play money.

They need to introduce something that will not cut into their Zen sales. More Zen sales = more income = more will from Cryptic to spend money on mods and game upgrades.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Add steps to MW professions that require purchasing ingredients from the WB, keep the MW professions relevant in all the new content and add more things that consume cubes of augmentation. How to delete lots of AD with very little work.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

No. I don't want to see this happen. I burn through identification scrolls because I pick up all that green and blue gear, identify it, and burn it for RP. I've even had to buy a stack of scrolls off the AH a couple months ago because I was going through them so fast and didn't want to give up the RP.

Why do you force me to earn AD to spend AD to buy stuff which I did not have to buy before?

... so that I can force you to earn AD to spend AD to buy stuff that you did not have to buy before - and take my cut while I'm at it.
    Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Neverember lets all those Strongholds take up space without paying any kind of property tax - the higher the level, the more AD.
    Overload enchantments that give ur character a flat % of movement speed might be good as well, especially for pvp or speedrunners. Armor enchantment transmutes would be nice too, fireburst and frostburn have cool looking visual effects while their uses arent very practical meanwhile barkshield is very good for pve but very terrible appearance wise. This transmute could give off similar to how the dragon items from tiamat are designed, or they could just be equiped via the character screen and be stored in the fashion bag if u unequip the item. The various levels should be available because of the varying visual effects, some are just too much.
  • elmeister#2511 elmeister Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Adding wards to the bazaar at a price point of exactly 500 ad/Zen would actually largely solve the issue. At any ZAX rate under 500, Zen store would be the most economic way of buying wards.