test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A quick question about Return to Shadows

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
On preview, it seems like your stealth bar regains 25% for each enemy hit from behind with an encounter rather than 25% for each encounter that hits enemies from behind. Is this working as intended?

Thanks for any clarification.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I don't understand why any of the sabo guides don't mention this... potentially a full stealth bar with a single encounter?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Because at least in PvE, even if you are going full recovery and power, and use stealth to get crit, you are just going the very convoluted method to maybe burst some mobs a bit harder but still loose on bosses. A lot of work for nothing.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Because at least in PvE, even if you are going full recovery and power, and use stealth to get crit, you are just going the very convoluted method to maybe burst some mobs a bit harder but still loose on bosses. A lot of work for nothing.

If you are going Sabo, you aren't using stealth to get crit; you should be using stealth to boost reduce cooldowns. Shady Preparations reduces all your cooldowns by 10%. If built correctly, you don't need a whole lot of native recovery on a Sabo build to get to the point of spamming encounters.....
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    rubytrue said:

micky1p00 said:

If you are going Sabo, you aren't using stealth to get crit; you should be using stealth to boost reduce cooldowns. Shady Preparations reduces all your cooldowns by 10%. If built correctly, you don't need a whole lot of native recovery on a Sabo build to get to the point of spamming encounters.....
    It's been a while since I've played sabo ( a long while) but I remember several issues with that:

1. Both Shady Preparations and Knife's edge are reducing of the current left time at the time of activation so if you have 1 second left on the CD, Shady, for example, will only remove 0.1 seconds. It's not enough by itself to use only encounters, and it needs an investment in recovery or other means.

2. Both of the above are negligible compared to artificers persuasion.

3. Capstone is bugged, and usually wont refill stealth completely, so there is a short delay that ruins the entire idea.

IMO, the entire sobo idea is to rely on return to shadows, which is more important than the capstone, and indeed create synergy with stealth, encounters and ambushes haste and one with the shadows to get the additional damage.
    But in practice, the natural feats do not help to maintain only encounters well enough, stealth recovery mainly with return to shadows even using stacked encounters like WR is clunky.

I have never seen a "built correctly" Sabo like you describe with low recovery that can maintain encounter only rotation (without the external DC, OP help).

With external "help" like Hastening light, OP AoW, and Artificers, it's standard to maintain encounter only rotation even for Exe, so Shady Preparations and Knife's Edge become mostly irrelevant, and it becomes SoD vs Ambushes haste (via Invisible infiltrator mostly) and One with the shadows. Those two together are 50% damage increase (at best) and with 5 seconds gap, and SoD is will be 56% with it's own issues and debuff benefits.

IMO Sabo just doesn't synergize will enough, it's either convoluted rotation and positioning to get the same as Exe, and even then fall behind on single target.

Though as I see it, if going fully sabo, one can try to save the crit stat (not investing in it at all) and try going full power and some recovery and try to get it via the dailies and stealth, mainly (return to shadows, invisible infiltrator, and one with the shadows) in BiS groups. Will those 28k stats make a difference, in the big buffed picture, probably not at all.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > Because at least in PvE, even if you are going full recovery and power, and use stealth to get crit, you are just going the very convoluted method to maybe burst some mobs a bit harder but still loose on bosses. A lot of work for nothing.
    >
    > If you are going Sabo, you aren't using stealth to get crit; you should be using stealth to boost reduce cooldowns. Shady Preparations reduces all your cooldowns by 10%. If built correctly, you don't need a whole lot of native recovery on a Sabo build to get to the point of spamming encounters.....
    >
    > It's been a while since I've played sabo ( a long while) but I remember several issues with that:
    >
    > 1. Both Shady Preparations and Knife's edge are reducing of the current left time at the time of activation so if you have 1 second left on the CD, Shady, for example, will only remove 0.1 seconds. It's not enough by itself to use only encounters, and it needs an investment in recovery or other means.
    >
    > 2. Both of the above are negligible compared to artificers persuasion.
    >
    > 3. Capstone is bugged, and usually wont refill stealth completely, so there is a short delay that ruins the entire idea.
    >
    > IMO, the entire sobo idea is to rely on return to shadows, which is more important than the capstone, and indeed create synergy with stealth, encounters and ambushes haste and one with the shadows to get the additional damage.
    > But in practice, the natural feats do not help to maintain only encounters well enough, stealth recovery mainly with return to shadows even using stacked encounters like WR is clunky.
    >
    > I have never seen a "built correctly" Sabo like you describe with low recovery that can maintain encounter only rotation (without the external DC, OP help).
    >
    > With external "help" like Hastening light, OP AoW, and Artificers, it's standard to maintain encounter only rotation even for Exe, so Shady Preparations and Knife's Edge become mostly irrelevant, and it becomes SoD vs Ambushes haste (via Invisible infiltrator mostly) and One with the shadows. Those two together are 50% damage increase (at best) and with 5 seconds gap, and SoD is will be 56% with it's own issues and debuff benefits.
    >
    > IMO Sabo just doesn't synergize will enough, it's either convoluted rotation and positioning to get the same as Exe, and even then fall behind on single target.
    >
    > Though as I see it, if going fully sabo, one can try to save the crit stat (not investing in it at all) and try going full power and some recovery and try to get it via the dailies and stealth, mainly (return to shadows, invisible infiltrator, and one with the shadows) in BiS groups. Will those 28k stats make a difference, in the big buffed picture, probably not at all.

I'm still sab all the way...

The cool down doesn't quite work like that.
    It's reduced from the total cool down not remaining cool down

The damage is not quite on part with executioner in some respects but you have the ability to control mobs and survive much easier than any of the other sab classes.

If they raised our sab piercing damage by 200% then we would be perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!