test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Its getting boring....

ayayanagisawaayayanagisawa Member Posts: 14 Arc User
the ad farm method...
having to do all those boring and long dungeons instead of just clock tower, skirmish random, have to be stuck there for who knows how much time in its illusionists gambit... and everyone wants gold but you only want to do your dailys fast...

i already had many encounters with people complaining because im rushing...
gosh how boring it is to do dailys now...

what are your thoughts?
the game is more pay to win now?
Post edited by ayayanagisawa on

Comments

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I feel like the new RQ just needs some fine tuning, not that it overall is a flop, especially since I'm making more RAD/seals. maybe if there was a way to match ilvls closer together it would be better as the synced group would more likely have the same goal and ability to reach said goal. I don't mind getting grouped with weaker toons in most places though except gambit.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    no offence not all players are like you and run dungeons simply for rad ok. if you want to do speed runs then group with folks with in your guild or alliance. the only time I ever speed run on the lower dungeons are the ones I hate. also you get far more rad doing salvage runs then the random ones.
  • tarancalimon#9717 tarancalimon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Agree with erikthered, I'm new to the game, less than 9 months played with 4 toons on the go and 3 at level 70. Most dungeons are new to me, so rushing through them (even if the run is successful) leaves me feeling out of sorts having not fully contributed. Doing speed runs is fine, but do them with guildies or other folks that are agreeing to do the same.
  • erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    well lets see I have 3 alts that are only used if my guild or alliance needs something and cant find any able to run. my main has only two areas left to finish all total my dailies take less than an hour to do. I don't do ad runs on my alts Because my main has more than enough. also I work far more than you do. and second the only dugeons I take my time in are the ones I like mainly due to understanding that I may end up with lower level players that need to learn how to play their toons correctly. also running clocktower does no good since like I said you get twice the amount of ad in salvage runs and the only dungeons that have salvage gear are the epics. in one salvage run of all the dungeons I can make up to 400k in rad and it take a grand total of maybe 2 hours to run all of the epics. but I also have a very active guild and alliance.. you just don't like the random now because it limits your rad you can get and if you have that many dailies to do then you are very inefficient at doing them.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I have 8 toons. Seven of them are lvl 70. I didn’t run instances often but I liked being able to pick something I can do quick and move on. With AD being the main currency and it being more time consuming now to earn people in my guild just stopped doing dungeons and skirmishes completely and just wait for the weeklies to reset. Some of us don’t have 15 hours a day to wait on Mr.RandomPlayer to take their time in a dungeon and most players don’t like being stuck in the long instances because well, they’re long. The RNG in the game is terrible on lockboxes so you have to buy from the trade house. You don’t have AD because the devs made it more time consuming and in some cases harder to earn. So the last result is Zen exchange aka real money. So yeah, I kind of agree. For those who don’t have half a day to play on alts to earn enough AD to grow there toons the only option is to pay. I also agree the game is kind of boring. Once you complete all zones the only thing left to do is level enchants and gear. People want to do that as fast as possible. Not slow poking it through some instance. I just prefer the old way better I guess is what I am trying to write.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • abysstic1#7048 abysstic1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    The deminishing return past 13k gear score with relation to time spent acquiring the required resources is one of the main reason for the ‘boring” tag for me. I have 7 level 70’s now all different classes, all of them past 10k ‘fresh’ gs. Chult did not help, it started out as frustrating, now it’s just tedium. And what do we have to look forward to? New weapon sets, four of them so far, and oh yes.... more Chult. But we won’t see that until late summer at this rate. Lately I have been logging on, rotating the crafters on each toon, opening a lock box, shrugging my shoulders with a sigh of meh, and then finding something else to play. I should be excited for the different events, but nearly all of them haven’t seen an update of any kind. So I agree with the original poster, the game has slid into the ‘boring’ catagory.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i would have to agree with original poster...... the dailies now compared to before,,,,, boring. i play the game jus to play an have fun but being forced to do dailies i dont like or care for to make ad outside of what i can earn in "salvage run" makes the game boring..... takin ad out of invokes ... ok ya i get it.... taking it out of q's and adding an RQ tab that forces players to do whichever dungeon/skirmish that pops up (u dont know which till u accept the q n its on loading screen) an if its one u dont like or want to even mess with and u leave ur stuck wit a "30min" penelty.... bad move imo. what was the thinking behind it id like to know... was there a dungeon/skirmish whisper'er that said the dungeons/skirmishes that werent being ran often were complaining because nobody was running them that much so this new syatem was created or what?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    The grind for AD is not that bad for using the RQ for skirmish and the regular dungeon. I have been kicked out of groups due to my character going to fast in the standard dungeon but never in a skirmish. The AD gain from the two are around 15K AD and that is where there is a problem.

My main, a 16K+ DC, can run T9 and in less time it takes to complete most skirmishes I typically get a minimum 3 drop and that equals around 15K RAD and there are time where I end up with 6+ drops. After 3-5 T9 runs I can almost max out all of my characters RAD without ever running the RQ. That is the not problem.

The problem with RQ is time spent <> RAD earned. I believe bonus AD in content should calculate time spent in the content and content difficulty. If you get into PoM, IG, etc...and it ends up being a 20 minute run you should earn more AD than if you get Master of the Hunt or Dread Ring as both of those are jokes compared to the other two.

Than again, you can dip your toe into the water of REQ and hope you don't get FBI with a horrible group. When on my 14K GF I always get wonderful players who are barely 12K and do literally almost no damage wanting me to carry them. After the first set of giants, if I'm doing the most damage I leave. There is no reason that a Tac GF that is setup to buff the group ends up top in damage after a few giants. That dungeon should award like a million RAD if you complete it with a full 12K group.

I have been in a variety of groups and some are better than others and long story short, I will run the RQ for friends and my guild mates. Otherwise my time is now spent mostly in T9 for the RAD over a RQ.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    How about a solo dungeons of hidden room, traps, puzzles, (etc); base on old "images" of ad&d dungeon maps.
  • sindriz#3999 sindriz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Lots here to agree with. I’m a 14k CW and enjoy running with lower ilvl players who are new to game and are learning. Absolutely drives me crazy when we que up for CN and everyone complains about the tank who has a low ilvl. (Obvious he didn’t random que). Also, can’t stand to que into IG because I still need companion gear, and everyone wants to leave...

There are some serious imbalances to this game, and I think it needs a mix of the two. IG is popular enough not to include in random, this way you always get a group who wants to be there. 2nd there should be more restrictions on regular ques as well. Seems like ilvl is too low for some dungeons. I’d like to see a group of 5 in CN at its min ilvl and actually do it. With R8 or below bindings (realistic for ilvl req).

Suggestion: don’t put ppl in a random until they’ve waited x minutes for normal que.

Raise ilvl for most epic dungeons unless Private.

Implement a big brother que: mix of higher ilvl with lower to help new players. Or even older players trying new builds or loadouts that want help from patient people. Offer AD as a reward. Doesn’t have to be limited to dungeons. Too many bad guilds out there and new players don’t understand they need a better guild/alliance to help. This would prob help guilds recruit as well.

I quit.
  • hifi74#8578 hifi74 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Implement a big brother que: mix of higher ilvl with lower to help new players.

That was something I loved from CoH/CoV they had what they called their "sidekick" system. For example I was brand new to the game but my buddy and his wife have multiple maxed toons or near maxed and they would run them and I would sidekick to one of them which brought my effective level to 1 below theirs, any drops I got were still keyed to my level but the purpose of my attacks they were on par with my friends. Or if we did some of my quests they would drop down to 1 level above mine but their drops would still reflect their actual level. Much like what they do for event or level restricted areas in Neverwinter where it changes your attack/hp level but not item drop level.
    edited March 2018

Lots here to agree with. I’m a 14k CW and enjoy running with lower ilvl players who are new to game and are learning. Absolutely drives me crazy when we que up for CN and everyone complains about the tank who has a low ilvl. (Obvious he didn’t random que). Also, can’t stand to que into IG because I still need companion gear, and everyone wants to leave...

There are some serious imbalances to this game, and I think it needs a mix of the two. IG is popular enough not to include in random, this way you always get a group who wants to be there. 2nd there should be more restrictions on regular ques as well. Seems like ilvl is too low for some dungeons. I’d like to see a group of 5 in CN at its min ilvl and actually do it. With R8 or below bindings (realistic for ilvl req).

Suggestion: don’t put ppl in a random until they’ve waited x minutes for normal que.

Raise ilvl for most epic dungeons unless Private.

Implement a big brother que: mix of higher ilvl with lower to help new players. Or even older players trying new builds or loadouts that want help from patient people. Offer AD as a reward. Doesn’t have to be limited to dungeons. Too many bad guilds out there and new players don’t understand they need a better guild/alliance to help. This would prob help guilds recruit as well.

I quit.

CN was completed by groups who were using R8 enchantments including bonds back in the day prior to any guild hitting GH20, PS4 that is.

It is possible to do CN just that you don't get the extra stats from higher enchantments or bonding.

I keep hearing how bad a SW is and yet I took one a bit over 13K IL through t9 and our time with hims as our only DPS was a bit over 30 minutes.

The issue with the RQ system is time spent in a RQ does not award AD based on content difficulty. The higher the content the more AD you should earn, that is how it should work IMO. The lower and easier the content, the less bonus RAD you get. This would make more players more likely to stay in FBI or MSPC, if the bonus RAD was enticing enough to stick it out.
  • damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    The AD Farm Questing failure to find a group with my 14.6k or something GF Tank is almost pointless.. I take that back IS Pointless. i havent even bothered logging on to even claim my keys in the last 2 months much less redoing my vip. the game itself lost it's "Newish Friendly" appeal. And the sad thing is that my Guild hit rank 20.....i should be jumping for joy.... but i am just so tired of nothing going on.. the events are a joke the rewards are a joke and the only way to progress no a days for new players is to have friends that care or deep pockets..Both of which i have but the gameplay is sooo meh.

So yeah i agree with the boring Part.. i stopped playing to fix that issue.. good luck to all on your drops.

The AD Farm Questing failure to find a group with my 14.6k or something GF Tank is almost pointless.. I take that back IS Pointless. i havent even bothered logging on to even claim my keys in the last 2 months much less redoing my vip. the game itself lost it's "Newish Friendly" appeal. And the sad thing is that my Guild hit rank 20.....i should be jumping for joy.... but i am just so tired of nothing going on.. the events are a joke the rewards are a joke and the only way to progress no a days for new players is to have friends that care or deep pockets..Both of which i have but the gameplay is sooo meh.

So yeah i agree with the boring Part.. i stopped playing to fix that issue.. good luck to all on your drops.

The best dungeons I have played thus far have been MSPC, FBI and T9. They are mechanic heavy but the issue is not the dungeon but the groups. Those dungeons typically require a preform group. It is why these dungeon should be removed from ERQ and all be in heroic accord. These are basically the only dungeons I run on my 3 primary characters.

My two farming alts I leave if I get these dungeons as I'm no where close to being good on those characters for those 3 dungeons.

What game are you playing instead of NW?

interesting, some months and 300 usd after...

15,2 now almost all Primal stuff, yes it turns out theres no need to run those dailys anymore.

but, i took the "neverwinter fools" way, i paid (mostly because i dont buy or play any other games anymore, im old and busy with some projects...)

bought enough things to run t9 nice and smooth at 15k

but, just running t9 doesnt give you anymore too much AD now because the envenomed cache cant be sold anymore... "hey that gives them lot of AD lets remove it"

i just have like 5 months on this game, and all the changes they made since then are going worse to worse and it will reach a point where people wont enter just to spend money and see how difficult it is even to find party...

in a game where being a DC is the only thing that matters, all the dps begging in port nyanzaru, GF who thought they were tanks but in the end the people only wants pallys, warlocks being rejected even with the arranges...

empty queues because being 16k+ is the only way to access everything... they dont want a 15k because that will mean 10 minutes more in t9, they will die for 10 more min...

like... an average person drop this game at 9k max 13k... the game is too frustrating after that....

oh wait theres always the path of "begging to your guild" which i ended up doing a lot and i feel terrible for it, feeling like a companion, begging to do t9, its not nice...

maybe im a HAMSTER for playing this...

conclusion

its HAMSTER thats what it is, but for some reason some of us keep playing it

correction:

"PAYING FOR IT"

Most meta groups run both a GF and a OP. These two tanks along with two DCs is a big issue for concern as that leaves one spot for one DPS character. It has been brought up more than once.

My fastest T9 was that meta with a HR for Longstrider shot; the run was around 13 minutes. Using the meta above, if the GF is a true DPS, the average time with a good true DPS is around 25 minutes or less.

I have ran with 3 pure DPS, one DC and a GF/OP tank. Average time is around 33 minutes but that is if the 3 DPS are all 16K+; otherwise the run is pretty much going to fail. Also, those 3 DPS, at two of those classes need to offer some type of buff. For instance a SW with Pillar of Power, a CW using RoE and running as an Oppressor for Controlled Momentum.

T9 and now cradle are the only areas worth really farming, though I will run a FBI, CN, etc...for alliance members or do a REQ if asked.

• omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I think they need to make an "IG Lite" in randoms for them people who just want to run for AD. And an IG Gold for those who want to play for the gold levels. Keep each out of the others way.
  • shadwwolf#9268 shadwwolf Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Dude... I have been ditched by my teammates once in Spellplague Caverns... I didnt know until some time that it was because of this.. AD Farming freaking ridiculous. Another time happened today... Our only Paladin pops out his signpost and LEAVES!!! All teleport methods in a Skirmish should be disabled!!! That SoB had the benefit od easily leaving and didnt get penalized for it!! Also why doesnt the Player Met work for Neverwinter? Players Met should work for Dungeons and Skirmishes and should label which area you met them in..