test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Duelist Bard - builds for bufer/debufer or dps with lot hit in motion skils (for exemple like LoL fiora). Weapons rapier itp and secondary instrument.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    From the 4th Edition the Player's Handbook 3

"Seekers are primal champions who scour the wilderness in search of those who would defile it. Versed in hunting techniques handed down through the generations, Seekers combine thrown weapon and bow techniques with primal evocations."

I'd like to play a Seeker in NWO...it sounds like a cross between a HR and TR with the thrown weapons and I can't imagine a Seeker bouncing around the way the TR does...I still have a difficult time getting used to the way the TR moves and bounces.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    i still think some cross classing and prestige class upgrading would do wonders for NWO. But that would take years to work out i bet.

Here is a crazy cross classing idea:

reach lvl 50 and given the one time option to cross class. To cross class you choose the class you want to cross with (say HR main OP crossed) then choose the paragon branch you wish to swap and the new classes paragon branch you wish to include. Then go to the powers and swap 1/3rd of your powers (class features, at-wills, encounters, dailies) with the set of the new classes. Note on this: each of your original powers get a unique replacement and if you want both you cannot have both. Then accept and then you are cross classed :)

I know its crazy but maybe it will spark some ideas. After all we have a lot of classes to work with. Comments?
    Post edited by athena#9205 on
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2018

i still think some cross classing and prestige class upgrading would do wonders for NWO. But that would take years to work out i bet.

Here is a crazy cross classing idea:

reach lvl 50 and given the one time option to cross class. To cross class you choose the class you want to cross with (say HR main OP crossed) then choose the paragon branch you wish to swap and the new classes paragon branch you wish to include. Then go to the powers and swap 1/3rd of your powers (class features, at-wills, encounters, dailies) with the set of the new classes. Note on this: each of your original powers get a unique replacement and if you want both you cannot have both. Then accept and then you are cross classed :)

I know its crazy but maybe it will spark some ideas. After all we have a lot of classes to work with. Comments?

No. Let's say you cross OP and DC. You get the power share, and you get Prot thing where HP => power. That would be stupidly overpowered, as a good OP can get to literally over 100k "base" power that way. Then you cross TR and CW. What then? You get an invisible ranged wizard that stabs people from 30 meters away.
    Also, we currently have 8 classes. You could combine those 8 classes with 7 other classes. Do you see where I'm going with this? You could have so HAMSTER many combinations here that balancing them would be literally impossible.

Add to that the fact that you could get potentially broken combinations such as DC with literally anything, and you rear-insert the entire game. Cross OP and GF, get the supreme tank of awesomeness, where bane works like both bane and GF mark, and the mark stacks with itself like it used to a few years ago. Get ready for 95 million DC left clicks, yo.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    Though I voted for Monk, I'd be happy to see that, Bard, Druid, or Illusionist.

("But he never reappeared!" "He wasn't a very good illusionist." -- Tim Curry & Madeline Kahn, Clue)
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, getting close to the third anniversary of this thread, any official statement on a new class within this year?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, getting close to the third anniversary of this thread, any official statement on a new class within this year?

The only thing they've said is that a new class won't come as a part of a mod. Probably in 2019/2020. iirc.
  • nyghtshroude#9048 nyghtshroude Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I would love to see a Druid, give them shapeshifter powers and even as paragon path add a werewolf shifter.

I think we should get necromancer, with Lich as a paragon path.

Blackguards could be another paragon path for Great Weapon Fighter. It’s an evil paladin.

Who says that we have to be traditionally “good”? Maybe we can play antiheroes who are Blackguards, Necromancers who become Liches, etc
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Looking at the efforts put into the companions, there are already basic forms ready for the Bard and Druid. Enhance them some to be distinctive can open the door for those two classes. I believed of mentioning before that the Monk would be harder from scratch, and the skill nodes would be hard on the Bard.

It makes for some interesting possibilities.
  • niceduck#2839 niceduck Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    NO dual classes on NWO, on NWN, which based on core 3.0 rules examples like paladin5/sorcerer25/RedDragonDicipline10 or Cleric21/weaponMaster19 were so OP, that most of PW systems banned those kind of builds (there were others aswell).

BARD with some ability to customize songs/poems or something like that would be really cool.
  • elforenelforen Member Posts: 11 Arc User

NO dual classes on NWO, on NWN, which based on core 3.0 rules examples like paladin5/sorcerer25/RedDragonDicipline10 or Cleric21/weaponMaster19 were so OP, that most of PW systems banned those kind of builds (there were others aswell).

BARD with some ability to customize songs/poems or something like that would be really cool.

Presuming Neverwinter is following 5th Ed per Wizards with some "flair," we already have some dual classes running about. CW, DC, GF, TR, and HR read as 5th Ed dual classes with solid parts that are Neverwinter. While I admit to not liking 3rd Ed core, I have been very fond of what we have now.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    NWO is actually based on 4th edition, but some elements of 5th have been shoehorned in like Paladin Oaths. That's why some of the classes seem a little "diverse". In 4E, classes were defined by their "role" (Striker, Defender, Leader, and Controller), but the classes also had one or two secondary roles they could fill. Like Fighters were primarily Defenders, but could focus purely on being Defenders or become Strikers too, hence GFs and GWFs. Rangers and Rogues were mainly Strikers, but both could lean into either Controller or Leader-ish roles too.

I always wondered if the shift to 5E is what actually delayed the release of new classes while they tried to retool them for newer expectations of 5E.
    Thanks for the 4E clarification. When I crafted my first PC here, I was reading the 5E rule set, and took some of my play queues from there and what the dev's crafted here for us.

The shift to 5E opened the duality that we have with the existing classes with two paths instead of three. To me, a higher "lord" feature path could be designed to bring the current feature paths together over the powers opening spaces for new selections for new monsters and villains.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

regenerde said:

The only thing they've said is that a new class won't come as a part of a mod. Probably in 2019/2020. iirc.
    Thanks, if it's going to take that much time, perhaps we'll be getting two classes instead of just one...
    I know, i know, not going to happen, but one can dream.

Anyway, looking a the new module "Ravenloft", i'd love to see a class featuring some Dr. Frankenstein/Engineer/Mechanic mix with fitting abilities/skills, a Blunderbuss as main weapon, some usefull gadgets in his backpack, and with his faithfull Igor (Alchemistic Experimenter) by his side facing the new terrors in Bavoria.
    Now that would be really something.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • naberiusbr#1670 naberiusbr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone know a date for the arrival of the new class? Ty <3

Nope. The closest answer we have is "eventually".

That said, it seems like talk a new class has gotten more serious over the last year or so, so I think we may see something in the next mod or two. Of course, that may just be me being ridiculously optimistic.
  • chaosity#1482 chaosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Druid would be nice to see, else maybe a monk. A class that can do the tank/healer/dps role would be a big plus imo. Adding 2 new classes would be even better, with a new zone to play in!
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Bard would be my number one pick. We need another buffer so it's not all DCs.

Druid would be nice as well, but I feel like it'd be hard to do it justice with the way classes work in this game. I could see tab triggering your wildshape, with the form dependent on the paragon path you choose. Maybe a bear for a tank path, and a panther or wolf for a dps path. Encounter powers would change as well, similar to HRs powers changing when you switch between melee and ranged.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @quspiv said:
    > I want to see Ninja-Wizard, CW with TR stealth, imagine the qq in pvp ;)

This wish came true with shadow clad and stealth rings...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    pterias said:

Nope. The closest answer we have is "eventually".

That said, it seems like talk a new class has gotten more serious over the last year or so, so I think we may see something in the next mod or two. Of course, that may just be me being ridiculously optimistic.
    I'm compelled to say next Mod, because we'll be in 2019 for its rollout. The current companions in the Zen store and lockboxes have some decent forms for Bards and Druids. They would make for a decent class combo to bring in 2 new classes.

:)
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    The next mod area is looking like waterdeep. There are supposed to be allot of Bards in waterdeep, several stories have already been written as such, so we are looking at a high probability for bards in the waterdeep module in the future.

The next mod area is looking like waterdeep. There are supposed to be allot of Bards in waterdeep, several stories have already been written as such, so we are looking at a high probability for bards in the waterdeep module in the future.

A "songsaber" bard would make for a cool class addition. An offset would be a "dancing" blade would be a more generic form of the minstrel through Sybella's store. There would
    be and awesome addition. :)
  • tylerofthemounttylerofthemount Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think a Bard would be the most beneficial for balanced gameplay and attracting new players. Bards have always been one of the more awesome classes, and we already have a ranger that does nature magic. Music should be the next thing, and the bard
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I think that druid and bard have the most to offer in terms of bringing something new and different to the table.

It's all about the execution, of course, but I think that those two classes could be presented in a way that would appeal to most of their fans and not just be a reskin of something that we already have, in addition to their long history in the D&D game.

Bards would be a leader type that uses songs to buff and heal allies as well as more directly combat foes (including charming weaker enemies).

Druids are trickier. Leader is the easy answer, but what if they could choose an animal form in the same way that Hunter Rangers can switch between their bow or dual blades?
    So like their base is a leader and they pick their main powers based on that, but they could also choose between a bear or boar or some such and play like a tank, or a wolf or great cat of some sort and play like a DPSer, each with a few preset abilities.

Either way, another leader would be added to the game and I think that that is a big selling point, and in the case of Druid, at least, it would add a second class that uses the nature skill.

I can see Bard using the rogue skill, but there is also a strong argument for the arcane there.

• astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User

Eldritch Druid: .... (their a)rmor for this class upto and include cloth-base brigandine or scale (not leather or leather-base armor...naturalist thing)....

In my DM world, Druid who wear leather or leather-base armor is like a Cleric wearing the skins of parishioner for armor...a totally "Evil" cleric. In fact, my druid's have a affinity with animals that the druid of my DM world can "shapecharge" into one (and so on). Leather or leather-base armor would ruin it.
    (As a sidenote, samurai-armor...in part...is cloth-base brigandine armor....)
  • prodigy#3240 prodigy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello Adventurers,

while playing the Game I thought of some ideas to maybe improve the Game for one or another.

I came to the conclusion that a new race for example a [b]Minotaur[/b] or a [b]Zyklop[/b] wouldnt damage the Gaming expierience.
    Aswell as a new race this could indicate a new campagne, companions, etc.

I hope you all like my idea, please fell free to give your opinion on this :)
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    While all are interesting, it boils down to ‘what works/doesn’t work’ within Neverwinter. And, I don’t mean subjectively. The choice rally boils down to 3 options: Monk, Druid, Bard.

Druids would a pet class, and based on what we have now (Warlock), pets fairly well suck. Take away pets, what’s left? A watered down HR? Toss around plant roots, thorns, etc? What really makes them different?

Monk would be great, but here is where I have to bring in outside info: DDO. While, yes, it ‘might’ go differently here, the issues still come up, ones I cannot see a way around. Monks were not intended to tank in DDO, and they wouldn’t be here either, they were intended as DPS, like Rogues: quick, agile, lightly/no armored. However, where rogues succeed by stealthing, dodging, etc, Monks succeed by deflecting and being naturally agile enough. The effect of this was inevitable: they ended up being better tanks than the tanks. This problem only recently resolved, and is still questionably fixed. Otherwise, probably not too difficult to implement.

Bards, otoh, have relatively nothing odd or new to add in to the game. They would expand the options for players, but are the simplest to create and balance. They are Leader/Controllers. About the most difficult thing about them is the controlling aspect, that they hypnotize, enthrall, etc, but that is no different than issues with CWs, honestly.
    Hmm, I could totally see something like that happening with Monks.

For Druids, they could also go for a strong "shapeshifter" angle. In 4th edition, that was basically their main shtick, and in 5E it's still a very strong and popular option. A little bit of healing and tossing around plants better than Rangers could fill in the rest.

Bards are probably a little more redundant, but because of that, they should present the fewest obstacles to implement them well. Obviously control is in a pretty dire state, but buffs and debuffs are all the rage and they'd fit that bill perfectly. Throw on a little healing, a rapier, and a lute and we're all set!
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    For bards, they could even make it so that whatever daily they use plays a strum of music (possibly even a noisy clash), or something. That would be about the most extreme thing to do for bards. For Druids... yeah, shapeshifting could be a thing, make it so that your dailies are shapes you can use, and last until you toggle the daily again? Hmm, dunno... But, yeah, could be interesting.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    remember, druids had 3 different paragon skill trees, Shapeshifter, Summoner, and Warder of Circles (control nature).